Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
I9 9900K
Graphics
RX580
I don't know why the changes in config.plist are not taking effect...

Can you try to copy your entire EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and then boot from the USB flash drive to see if it takes effect?
I tried copying to the USB flash drive and updating config.plist. The device-id still does not change.

So I cleared EFI. Then reinstall all drivers with MultiBeast 11.0.1. Reload once.

This time I noticed it. When I changed the SMBIOS to imac18.3 without adding the Properties in Devices. The UHD 630 is working, although it still shows no work in iStat Menus and is displayed as "INTER UHD GRAPHICS 630". But the device-id is already shown as 923e0000. I opened the link video with QuickTime and its usage became around 10%. I used another player to open the 8K video in my computer and it played normally.

However, opening the FCPX in less than a minute will crash. Complete crash. The kind that must be forced to restart.

Then I started adding the values in the Properties in Devices. I found out that if I add and save all three data at once, the device-id will become 983e0000.

If I add framebuffer-patch-enable and AAPL, ig-platform-id first. After saving and restarting, add the device-id. Device-id will always be 923e0000. So I solved the current problem in this way. FCPX is also working fine.

It seems that everything seems normal right now. However, when I opened the link video with QuickTime, it started to be slightly stuck and then played normally. And iStat Menus still shows that the UHD 630 is not working.

Motherboard
Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
I9 9900K
Graphics
RX580
Because you have "Inject Kexts" set to "Detect" as shown in the screenshot below, it means you should install Lilu and WhateverGreen into /Library/Extensions and rebuild kernel cache by running Kext Utility. In your screenshot, we can see also that AppleIntelFramebuffer is not being attached. Instead, you have the default IONDRVFramebuffer. So please try again after installing Lilu/WhateverGreen into /L/E folder.

View attachment 394355
I tried it. But no effect.

Please take a look at #2568.
I am not sure if I solved the problem.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I tried it. But no effect.

Please take a look at #2568.
I am not sure if I solved the problem.
Your CPU usage in post #2568 looks correct. iStat always shows Intel iGPU frequency as 0 MHz, so you can ignore it. As long as your device-id, ig-platform-id, and "AppleIntelFramebuffer" are appearing correctly, then the IGPU is working correctly.

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 8.05.18 PM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've spent the last week reading this entire post. It's been like a good book and can't put it down!!

I've been struggling with what I'll call the "phantom display" as also mentioned in post #810. For some reason I'm showing to have two identical LG UltraFine displays. Not a big deal other than my dock sometimes moving to this phantom display.

LG UltraFine 5k is connected to the Thunderbolt port and the RX580 DisplayPort out is obviously going to the motherboards DisplayPort in.

Any recommendations???

Thanks!

Tom
Any thoughts?? Recommendations??

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
I've tried to recreate your install to the letter.I have a Z390 M gaming but would expect it to be close to the same. I get stuck at the "final" install. I've also seen some weird bios screen as well....it's attached.

Mobo updated to F5 and everything as you prescribed. 6 days in getting demoralized......

Attachments

Motherboard
Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
I9 9900K
Graphics
RX580
Your CPU usage in post #2568 looks correct. iStat always shows Intel iGPU frequency as 0 MHz, so you can ignore it. As long as your device-id, ig-platform-id, and "AppleIntelFramebuffer" are appearing correctly, then the IGPU is working correctly.

View attachment 394450
I seem to be showing something wrong here?

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I tried copying to the USB flash drive and updating config.plist. The device-id still does not change.

So I cleared EFI. Then reinstall all drivers with MultiBeast 11.0.1. Reload once.

This time I noticed it. When I changed the SMBIOS to imac18.3 without adding the Properties in Devices. The UHD 630 is working, although it still shows no work in iStat Menus and is displayed as "INTER UHD GRAPHICS 630". But the device-id is already shown as 923e0000. I opened the link video with QuickTime and its usage became around 10%. I used another player to open the 8K video in my computer and it played normally.

However, opening the FCPX in less than a minute will crash. Complete crash. The kind that must be forced to restart.

Then I started adding the values in the Properties in Devices. I found out that if I add and save all three data at once, the device-id will become 983e0000.

If I add framebuffer-patch-enable and AAPL, ig-platform-id first. After saving and restarting, add the device-id. Device-id will always be 923e0000. So I solved the current problem in this way. FCPX is also working fine.

It seems that everything seems normal right now. However, when I opened the link video with QuickTime, it started to be slightly stuck and then played normally. And iStat Menus still shows that the UHD 630 is not working.

View attachment 394441
That's weird. It doesn't make any sense that when you add 923E0000 device-id, it will change to 983E0000. 983E0000 should be a mobile IGPU, same as what's used in MacBookPro15,1.

Which build of macOS are you running? I'm running 10.14.3 (18D109).

I seem to be showing something wrong here?
View attachment 394455
This looks correct.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
Casey, thanks so much for making my introduction into the world of hackintosh this smooth...

Thanks to this whole forum on which I've spent countless hours before committing :)

The one and only thing I just can't figure out is my Apollo Twin... The problem i'm having (i think) has nothing to do with the apollo itself, but moreso with the UAD software... I get a "Driver Not Installed Correctly" error when trying to open the UAD Software. What I've found is that after installing the software and a restart you should be able to grant permission in Security & Privacy to the UAD software. That should solve the problem... unfortunately that granting of permission never shows up for me. UAD says reinstalling and rebooting should solve the issue which it doesn't for me.

Did anybody get their UAD software running on Mojave 10.14.3?

Motherboard
Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
I9 9900K
Graphics
RX580
That's weird. It doesn't make any sense that when you add 923E0000 device-id, it will change to 983E0000. 983E0000 should be a mobile IGPU, same as what's used in MacBookPro15,1.

Which build of macOS are you running? I'm running 10.14.3 (18D109).

This looks correct.
I'm running 10.14.3 (18D109), too.

I have just tried it many times. I should overturn my reply to you.

The device-id is displayed as 923E0000. Because I did not cancel the Inject Intel in Graphics. Once I cancel it, the device-id will become 983E0000. I have to tick it to show what the picture I gave you in the last reply.

In system report, Graphics/Displays still shows AMD RX580 and INTER UHD GRAPHICS 630. I think this should not be a true headless model. It must be where I got it wrong.

Also ask you, I tried to use FCPX to export video, IGPU does not participate in work. Is this normal? IGPU seems to only participate in the decoding of the playback video.

Motherboard
Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
I9 9900K
Graphics
RX580
Casey, thanks so much for making my introduction into the world of hackintosh this smooth...

Thanks to this whole forum on which I've spent countless hours before committing :)

The one and only thing I just can't figure out is my Apollo Twin... The problem i'm having (i think) has nothing to do with the apollo itself, but moreso with the UAD software... I get a "Driver Not Installed Correctly" error when trying to open the UAD Software. What I've found is that after installing the software and a restart you should be able to grant permission in Security & Privacy to the UAD software. That should solve the problem... unfortunately that granting of permission never shows up for me. UAD says reinstalling and rebooting should solve the issue which it doesn't for me.

Did anybody get their UAD software running on Mojave 10.14.3?
I am using an Apollo Twin Mk II Quad sound card.

I read the article @CaseySJ and installed it from start to finish. The sound card is in normal use and is very stable. Plugins can also be used normally.