Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Any good news about built in wifi? Really missing airdrop but I'd really like not having a pci card
Given the amount of interest and the current level of progress, I am hopeful that the AppleIntelWiFi project will (soon?) yield a truly viable driver. It's getting there...

Motherboard
Gygabite Z390 Designare
CPU
INTEL Core I7-9700K
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GD5
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @Errabundo,
  • You can certainly clone the Crucial SATA SSD to the ADATA M.2 SSD.
  • The differences are only at the EFI folder level.
Thank you.
I'll study the OC system carefully as my M.2 ssd arrives!

Motherboard
GA Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@StefanAM Thanks for the suggestion. Have you seen this solve a similar problem before? I realized this happened after the latest Catalina update that hung on install, so I am rebuilding the machine to see if the problem is not with the boot loader (I have now observed it happening with both Clover and OC).
I had the same problems with zoom. Crash every time. I started to read OpenCore guide, make proper ssdts and the problems disappeared

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68-UD3H
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 6850
running into an issue with the radeon (5700 slot1) acceleration. it worked ok on 10.15.3. once I updated it no longer works. I tried Casey's recommendation on the guid and removed the aml file and deleted whatever green from open core. but I still stall on reboot. apple scree and 3/4 progress bar, it just hangs. (using open core 6)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro - Flashed
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
I had the same problems with zoom. Crash every time. I started to read OpenCore guide, make proper ssdts and the problems disappeared
Thats great to hear - thank you. I will try the same over the next week.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
running into an issue with the radeon (5700 slot1) acceleration. it worked ok on 10.15.3. once I updated it no longer works. I tried Casey's recommendation on the guid and removed the aml file and deleted whatever green from open core. but I still stall on reboot. apple scree and 3/4 progress bar, it just hangs. (using open core 6)
To use a NAVI card such as Radeon RX 5700 we need agdpmod=pikera. We should also use WhateverGreen, but we should remove any RadeonBoost kext.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Big Sur Public Beta #2 Released Today:

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 5.07.05 PM.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68-UD3H
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 6850
To use a NAVI card such as Radeon RX 5700 we need agdpmod=pikera. We should also use WhateverGreen, but we should remove any RadeonBoost kext.

Is the mini guide no longer valid? I followed your note in the guide. So I shouldn't use the aml or boost kext at all???? In OpenCore, where do I add agdpmod=pikera?

Side note, I see you mentioned Public Beta 2 is out. Is it as easy as just letting the installer run to upgrade from Catalina?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is the mini guide no longer valid? I followed your note in the guide. So I shouldn't use the aml or boost kext at all???? In OpenCore, where do I add agdpmod=pikera?
Which mini-guide are you referring to (simply post a URL link)? If you're referring to the Radeon Boost mini-guide, we should remove the boost kext or SSDT when installing a macOS update. We should also remove them when troubleshooting (i.e. process of elimination) to see if that makes any difference.

The boot argument agdpmod=pikera is already in the NVRAM section of OpenCore Configurator. But it's good to check and make sure.
Side note, I see you mentioned Public Beta 2 is out. Is it as easy as just letting the installer run to upgrade from Catalina?
I would definitely not recommend installing Big Sur on top of Catalina. It's best to install it on a spare SSD. At this time I cannot provide any support for Big Sur, but you're welcome to experiment on your own. It is a refreshing experience.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68-UD3H
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 6850
Which mini-guide are you referring to (simply post a URL link)? If you're referring to the Radeon Boost mini-guide, we should remove the boost kext or SSDT when installing a macOS update. We should also remove them when troubleshooting (i.e. process of elimination) to see if that makes any difference.

The boot argument agdpmod=pikera is already in the NVRAM section of OpenCore Configurator. But it's good to check and make sure.

I would definitely not recommend installing Big Sur on top of Catalina. It's best to install it on a spare SSD. At this time I cannot provide any support for Big Sur, but you're welcome to experiment on your own. It is a refreshing experience.

using this Guide
agdpmod was missing and I added it in. however it killed my two display port monitors. only my HDMI is working now
I kept out the the ssd aml as per your recommendations and just kept in the boost kext and the loader stops 3/4 of the way