2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi to answer all thecquesriins
1: firmware has not been flashed
2: i am using this ssdt...i am using an ssdt i found out here called ssdt-z390-designare-tb3hp-v4b.aml
3: yes thunderbolt is in system info...no drivera are loaded,
But if i got to PCI it shows up as pci8086,15eb and says driver installed
4: im using the apple brand adapter
5: yes the onboard ethernet port works. Im comunicating with
you from my z390

Thank you!!
If you're getting an IP address, but no Internet access, it implies a firewall may be blocking access. Are you running Intego NetBarrier or other firewall software? Because WiFi and Thunderbolt Ethernet both have valid IP addresses, do they communicate over the Local Area Network to other devices in the home or office?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, it's been some time! A very minor issue I noticed after upgrading to 10.15.6 supplemental update. This has occurred again after update. Audio is much lower than before. I noticed it both with headphones and my speakers Gigaworks T40ii. I tried inject 7 and inject 11 in Devices tab with clover configurator. Any suggestions?
May I suggest testing OpenCore 0.6.0 on a spare USB flash drive just to see if it makes any difference? OpenCore 0.6.0 instructions for Mojave and Catalina are located in the link below:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, my hack has been running great for a while now (currently OS 10.14.6 and Clover 5.13.0.1) Yesterday I finally tried swapping out OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi for OcQuirks-4.efi and FwRuntimeServices.efi. It booted fine but I had the strangest issues. In Logic Pro 10.5.1 several plugins had display problems, missing knobs and controls, and the playhead bar disappeared from the arrange window. I switched back to OsxAptioFix and everything is working again.

I guess if it aint broke...
Feel free to test OpenCore 0.6.0 on a spare USB flash drive. It won't have any impact on your Clover EFI.

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
I9 9900
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
If you're getting an IP address, but no Internet access, it implies a firewall may be blocking access. Are you running Intego NetBarrier or other firewall software? Because WiFi and Thunderbolt Ethernet both have valid IP addresses, do they communicate over the Local Area Network to other devices in the home or office?
Hi
I can ping my gateway and I am using a fir
Hi
I can ping all the devices on my local network no.problem. I do have a firewall on a separate box..
The adapter works fine on my MacBook pro but I will look at my firewall and see if thats the issue.ill also take out the firewall and see if that helps

Thank you for all your help!!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
May I suggest testing OpenCore 0.6.0 on a spare USB flash drive just to see if it makes any difference? OpenCore 0.6.0 instructions for Mojave and Catalina are located in the link below:
Hi CaseySJ, I tried the guide which seemed pretty easy. I did a boot from usb but i get stuck on apple logo. I unplugged the usb, did a reboot and now the system is laggy. First resolution was a bit off. I shut down again and power on and still the system is laggy. Im sure that every change I made was exclusive at usb flash drive.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi CaseySJ, I tried the guide which seemed pretty easy. I did a boot from usb but i get stuck on apple logo. I unplugged the usb, did a reboot and now the system is laggy. First resolution was a bit off. I shut down again and power on and still the system is laggy. Im sure that every change I made was exclusive at usb flash drive.
Hello @skroutz999,

Some comments:
  • Issue 1:Getting stuck at Apple logo when booting through OpenCore.
    • We should Reset NVRAM from the OpenCore Picker by pressing <spacebar> and selecting "Reset NVRAM". When the computer reboots (automatically), press F12 at BIOS Splash Screen to select USB flash disk. Then at the OpenCore Picker, select the macOS SSD.
  • Issue 2: Laggy behavior via Clover.
    • Please try resetting NVRAM (pressing F11 at Clover Boot menu will clear NVRAM)
    • Also try cold boot (shutdown system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds)

Motherboard
Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have, with Z390. My card is Alpine Ridge and I flash it with the modified firmware. Then I jump pin 3 and 5. Pin 1 is the one away from PCIe connector/metal pins.

QUOTE="xtreem.p, post: 2164263, member: 2187114"]
ok.. after extensive testing... with a z170x ud5 th with 2 built in tb3 ports and adding the gc alpine ridge card to get a total of 4 ports....... no cigar...has anyone managed to get 4 ports with a hackintosh?
[/QUOTE]

Motherboard
Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think it should be pin 3 and 5 according to post #16393 and I've successfully done it with my Alpine ridge.

Have you jumped Pins 1 and 3 together to enable the card? When holding the card vertically such that the PCIe pins are pointing to the floor, pins 1 and 3 are the top and middle pins of the J1 Thunderbolt header.

View attachment 484817

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello @skroutz999,

Some comments:
  • Issue 1:Getting stuck at Apple logo when booting through OpenCore.
    • We should Reset NVRAM from the OpenCore Picker by pressing <spacebar> and selecting "Reset NVRAM". When the computer reboots (automatically), press F12 at BIOS Splash Screen to select USB flash disk. Then at the OpenCore Picker, select the macOS SSD.
  • Issue 2: Laggy behavior via Clover.
    • Please try resetting NVRAM (pressing F11 at Clover Boot menu will clear NVRAM)
    • Also try cold boot (shutdown system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds)
Yes I reset NVRAM from the OpenCore w/o luck. After that I couldn't boot even w/o usb. It was booting from my 2nd ssd at win10. With F12 I couldn't also boot and windows was loading again. So I tried a cold boot. Got into Bios and loaded optimized settings. Then restart and put the settings from the guide once again. Then I was able to log back to macos. But with lag again. I tried also resetting NVRAM from Clover boot menu by pressing F11 but again system is laggy. Very strange things...

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think it should be pin 3 and 5 according to post #16393 and I've successfully done it with my Alpine ridge.
Hello @oreoapple,

If you hold the GC-Alpine Ridge vertically so that the gold PCI pins are pointing down towards the floor, then which two pins are you connecting?
  • The top and middle pins?
  • The middle and bottom pins?