CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Just did, but it still comes back with "Your Mac was unable to communicate with your Apple Watch" error. I'm using iMac14,2 , but still should be compatible as it is Late 2013 model. No a single hint that handoff would work ... even though went through all Apple setup. Does it matter at this point where the card sits since WiFi and BT work? It is currently at x1 slot closest to CPU.
Did you sign out and back in to iCloud on everything first. If not try that and see if it changes.

Motherboard
GA Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Did you sign out and back in to iCloud on everything first. If not try that and see if it changes.
@trs96 ,

Yess!! Done! After signing out on all the devices and repeating @CaseySJ steps everything started working. So far tested Auto unlock and hand off. I think signing out on iPhone probably pushed it further as I noticed immediately auto unlock option disappeared from settings and then showed up again after signing back in on the iPhone. I forgot to unlock the watch and after checking that box it reminded me to unlock it. I understood at that point my mac was able to connect.

@trs96 and @CaseySJ , thank you so much guys for all your help!

Motherboard
GA Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Nice find! Yes, two of these would satisfy my bandwidth needs. And since I could install these into the X1 ports, that'll leave the PCIEX8 and PCIEX4 unoccupied for future use. Thanks!
Just ordered it. Will report back after I try it out.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64 + RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
If Bluetooth is still not functional after moving the WiFi/BT card to a long slot (one of the three x16 slots) then it's time to consider two options:
  1. Try using a different PCIe x1 adapter.
  2. Replace the Broadcom card with one that has 20702 firmware or switch to a BCM94360CD. The 94360CD is newer, but a bit more expensive than the 93460CS2.
You still haven't mentioned the exact make and model of the WiFi/BT card. Can you share an Amazon or NewEgg link to the exact model that you have?
half a day I have been deleting some kext and redo the iMessage with terminal
so now everything working for now.

"iMessage BT hand off full acceleration H264 HEVC "

Also I wonder know why in the info I have USB in the ethernet info ?

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
GAZX87-UD3H / GA EP45, DS3/ P6T5 WS Revolution
CPU
i5 4670K / Q6600 / I7@4.2 GHz
Graphics
Radeon 6870 / Nvidia GTX 285 / Nvidia GTX 285
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Question about Thunderbolt 3 on the Gigabyte Z390 Designare.
Is there hotplug for Thunderbolt 3 Devices like PCIe external GPUs or real Thunderbolt Hardware, or is Hotplug only for USB-C Devices like Sticks or HDDs?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
128K, Classic, iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, Xserve
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I am surprised you received that from NewEgg. However, they have 2 vendors:
View attachment 393992
Did you choose the "Fenvi Official Store" on the left or "Corn Electronics" on the right?
I'll speak to someone. It should have been the official Fenvi store.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A II-1001
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Consider it confirmed! We actually have two in the office but it's definitely not running both at the same time. We also have the RX580 Blackmagic eGPU as well. (There's a few additional issues with that, but I can explore those once the initial display issue is resolved.)

Apologies for the hasty image, but at least it's something.

View attachment 379728
Hello @TheAsocial, sorry to bring this old post again.

I'm also considering building a Hackintosh when Apple releases their new Displays but I'm a dual monitor user. I was wondering if the reason why you can drive 2 LG Ultrafine5k is because the Designare motherboard only has one DP1.4 in or because the LG split the connection between 2xDP1.2? Thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Question about Thunderbolt 3 on the Gigabyte Z390 Designare.
Is there hotplug for Thunderbolt 3 Devices like PCIe external GPUs or real Thunderbolt Hardware, or is Hotplug only for USB-C Devices like Sticks or HDDs?
My HD and Apogee Element 24 are Hot Plug.