- Apr 21, 2012
- GA Designare Z390
- UHD 630
- Mobile Phone
The answer to the 1st question is yes - I have just migrated from Z77X-UP5 TH the same way. And I'm still on 10.13 . So I'm guessing it should not be a problem if you are on 10.14.1, but I can't be 100% sure....
- Can I just swap CPU+mobo and do the post install part. My current macOS install is just about perfect.
- Is this guide also applicable for 10.14.1? The guide mentions it not being compatible with 10.14.0 but nothing is said about .1.
The system is running fine now without any problem. Here is how I migrated it:
1. I created USB flash with just Clover on it manually and then made sure I have everything there to just boot into my old install - simply go over with pre-install section.
2. I followed the post install section.
Here are a couple of major issues that I had, but I have resolved them:
1. My iMessage, FaceTime and even Appstore did not work. So I initially thought it is something to do with SMBIOS settings. I tried moving those values from my old install - nothing helped. Then I (re)read iMessage guide and try to find the correct values for SMBIOS (going to Apple website), but still did not help.
And then I realized that my network interfaces start from en1 ... So I have deleted the plist to reset those enX values and everything started working immediately! However my SMBIOS values are off and currently not up to the guide. I may get back to it later, but now I'm just afraid to touch them
2. My display was flickering and showing incorrect values in About This Mac (I'm running onboard graphics). But that was totally my fault - I have overlooked and forgot to nullify ig-platform-id . So it has been back to normal after next reboot.
I loved my Z77X, and I wish I could use it for another couple of years. Designare though is perfect replacement for it.