CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX 9100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just updated to 10.15.6 No issues and it was faster on my hack than on 2016MBPro. Two reboots, I just watched clover do its thing and we are all good. Mine was a very recent full reinstall to 10.15.5 following this updated guide. I am running multiple USB things including Focusrite USB audio Scarlett 18i/8. Im getting a Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini today and we shall see how that works. It has USB C connection but not sure what protocol it uses yet. Only thing I had to do on the Hack vs MBPro was log back into iMessage upon final boot. did that and immediately came up. Loving this machine.
Jules

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
How do I Identify the USB-C ports on the Titan Ridge ver 2.0 so I can configure them
I am 1 or 2 away from the 15 limit
I see controller but no additional ports other than the default 26 in Hackintool only want them to support 3.0 and up (no 2.0/1.1)
First page of this thread, there is a picture of the board with each port clearly identified.

Edit: Oh, sorry, you mean on an addon TB card? Not sure... Is an add on card tied with the 15 ports limit, someone?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Casey, you were right on. I plugged Luna into one of the USB-C on my Caldigit dock and it showed up. But, it's showing speed unto 12Mb/s, which is USB 1 speed. So this little device is USB1 in disguise as USB-C. It's drawing 100mA. Screenshot attached.

My guess is that I will have to remove USBMap.kext from my Opencore EFI and will have to use the SSDT version SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-USB2-ON-TB-V3.aml with USBInjectall.kext enabled. Correct? Or can this coexist with my current USBMap.kext? I never installed SSDT-UIAC-Desginare.

I am also wondering if my current EFI setup is the reason for stability? I have not encountered a single USB freeze of KP since I installed Catalina with OC.
Because you're using OpenCore, you can go ahead and violate the 15 port limit of macOS by doing two things:
  1. Enabling the XhciPortLimit kernel quirk in config.plist
  2. Modifying your USBPorts.kext by adding HS08 and HS13 as type 9 (USB-C)
We are doing this in the Z490 Vision D build; in fact we have enabled every USB port on that build.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Oh no i hope not, i just got it through the link on amazon from this site. If it really is the card i can return it.

I have not installed windows on the other partition yet, just kind of set it to the side.

What do you suggest I do now for the post install? should I go back and do what your guide suggests?

Thanks
Please note that any of the 3 components below might be suspect. In retrospect, I should not have said defective because that word causes undue alarm.
  • GPU
  • video cable
  • monitor
Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort?
Are you using a straight HDMI-to-HDMI or DP-to-DP cable (no adapters)?
What is the make/model of the monitor? Does it support HDR (high dynamic range)?

Also try enabling CSM Support in BIOS (Boot section).

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How do I Identify the USB-C ports on the Titan Ridge ver 2.0 so I can configure them
I am 1 or 2 away from the 15 limit
I see controller but no additional ports other than the default 26 in Hackintool only want them to support 3.0 and up (no 2.0/1.1)
Fortunately the 15 port limit is per USB controller. The GC-Titan Ridge has its own USB controller, so its ports do not count towards the internal 15 port limit. The GC-Titan Ridge could supply another 15 ports, theoretically, but it supplies 4:
  • SSP1 (SS = SuperSpeed = USB 3.x)
  • SSP2
  • HS01 (HS = HighSpeed = USB 2.x)
  • HS02
These are defined already in the Thunderbolt SSDT, but on a flashed add-in-card it may be necessary to pre-connect a USB-C device for it to show up. "Pre-connect" means to connect the device before macOS boots.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
Has anyone who has been experiencing the USB freezes installed 10.15.6 yet? Has it fixed it?

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900
Graphics
5700XT
The Inateck card was a viable solution but @ziggenpuss ' fix was also basically correct (eliminating unused ports didn't help but isolating USB devices on a powered hub was the fix). I'm sorry if I ever doubted you @ziggenpuss - I didn't check my setup correctly. I'm 99% sure that my freezes were the result of a passive (unpowered) hub that I thought was powered.

+1 Explains the crashes I was having with dedicated USB2.0 & USB3.0... I had an internal unpowered Hub with 4 USB2.0 devices on it, and only one USB3.0 device plugged in (to a USB3.0 only port) and was still seeing freezes.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega FE Liquid
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone who has been experiencing the USB freezes installed 10.15.6 yet? Has it fixed it?
If anybody does experience any USB Freezes on either 10.15.5 OR 10.15.6 I strongly suggest using powered hubs and splitting your peripherals to either USB2 OR USB3. Then re-mapping your SSDT & USB.Kext to suit your needs.