Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi, how did you get that to work? My Z390 Designare does not seem to be working with my 2626. Was this done with tweaking in the BIOS? I've followed a number of different guides and none seemed to work
You have loaded the Presonus driver? Hot plug ACPI patch present in Clover? Thunderbolt 3 cable?

All BIOS settings exactly the same as in the first post?

Motherboard
Z390 Gigabyte Designare
CPU
i9900k
Graphics
RX 580 8 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just wanted to say a massive thanks to @CaseySJ and everyone else who has contributed to this guide.
I built my first Hackintosh over the weekend following the guide and its working very well. The guide and the site in general is absolutely superb.

A few teething issues with one of the ethernet ports not working and I'm a bit confused about if I should install the Security update 2020-003 that I'm getting nagged to update. But I'm sure I just need to do more reading!!!

At the moment I've gone with the Clover/Unibeast install but intend to go for the OpenCore install at a later date, I'm just enjoying having a fast (9500 on Geekbench 5) Mac for a fraction of the cost of a new Mac Pro.

Thanks!!!!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designaire z390
CPU
i9-9990
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

I was back in my studio today mixing. After shuffling some cards and squeezing my SATA card under my giant noctua CPU cooler I put my $20 KT4006 Inatek USB3 pci-e card in and......... no USB freezes all day. :headbang:I hooked the internal connector to my case ports and used a USB dongle for BT.

@mobi , @ziggenpuss , @jleahy2 how are you fairing?
are we over this hump?!?

(BTW, I still had freezes using the just the usb2 ports and eliminating my powered hootoo hub).

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just wanted to say a massive thanks to @CaseySJ and everyone else who has contributed to this guide.
I built my first Hackintosh over the weekend following the guide and its working very well. The guide and the site in general is absolutely superb.

A few teething issues with one of the ethernet ports not working and I'm a bit confused about if I should install the Security update 2020-003 that I'm getting nagged to update. But I'm sure I just need to do more reading!!!

At the moment I've gone with the Clover/Unibeast install but intend to go for the OpenCore install at a later date, I'm just enjoying having a fast (9500 on Geekbench 5) Mac for a fraction of the cost of a new Mac Pro.

Thanks!!!!
Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum!

It's strongly recommended to make a full bootable backup before proceeding any further. Then proceed with the Security Update.

Regarding the Ethernet port, please check System Information --> Ethernet Cards to see if both ports are listed. Feel free to post a screenshot of that.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Hi All,

I was back in my studio today mixing. After shuffling some cards and squeezing my SATA card under my giant noctua CPU cooler I put my $20 KT4006 Inatek USB3 pci-e card in and......... no USB freezes all day. :headbang:I hooked the internal connector to my case ports and used a USB dongle for BT.

@mobi , @ziggenpuss , @jleahy2 how are you fairing?
are we over this hump?!?

(BTW, I still had freezes using the just the usb2 ports and eliminating my powered hootoo hub).

As usual, every couple of weeks or so, I lost USB connections, after rebooting gets fixed, fortunately my main audio interface it's FW and solid as a rock in Mojave , it's good to know that the inatek card works, sooner or later probably I'll take it away from the vintage MacPro where it lives to give it a spin

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Is there a new website link?

P.S. Please un-quote the ThunderboltUtil Mini-Guide from your last post. It says "Please do not quote this guide in its entirety."
Please try the script I just updated

Something in output is not correct and I don't know what is the problem. byte length checksums are okay

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please try the script I just updated

Something in output is not correct and I don't know what is the problem. byte length checksums are okay
The first 13 bytes of DROM are missing. Please see this:
  • Bytes 0x00 to 0x0C are missing.
Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 8.42.22 AM.png