Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks. I have a version of this, and from your description, I'm wondering: Besides changing RP05 to RP21, should I also change DSB0 to DSB1? Where -unless I'm mistaken- my Apollo is showing up on RP21<IOPP<DSB1@1 ??
It's only necessary to change RP05 to RP21. All child-node names must remain unchanged. However, this has less than 0.00000001% chance of fixing Thunderbolt 1 issues!! :) Because if that problem is due to Legacy Mode being disabled on Titan Ridge, then changing device ID won't help.

-Just finished trying it out. Everything still worked, but no change in hotswapability. I caught it in i/o Reg on power disconnect, but as before, the UAD Apollo 8 Quad (this is the black one with 2 onboard Thunderbolt 2 ports) will not reconnect without a reboot. The secret sauce is in the Mac (Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave) -and Windows 10. CSM support in BIOS is off; CSM on and PCI=Legacy mode doesn't seem to make a difference, FWIW.
Are you using the GC-Titan Ridge or GC-Alpine Ridge card on your motherboard?

GC-Alpine Ridge may actually work with Thunderbolt 1 devices.

As for your UAD Apollo 8 Quad, in my experience motherboards with built-in Thunderbolt seem to be most reliable in the hot swap department.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
This was a quick fix I had the v4 SSDT, deleted that and upgraded to V5, bluetooth is working as well as wifi.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
@CaseySJ Hi again! Is it possible to enable Firevault on this build?
It should be possible to enable FireVault using a number of EFI drivers that can be installed through Clover Configurator --> Install Drivers. However, I have no experience with this and cannot assist any further. But search this website and you'll find a lot of helpful information.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
@CaseySJ , just a quick question - are you using any splitter for F_USB to connect your BT from the PCI adapter? I have not noticed one in your list of hardware.

I have ordered one as I do use front panel usb ports , but still thought of asking if there is something reliable that you would recommend.

Thanks
Funny you should ask! Because the Phanteks Evolv X PC case does not have a Reset switch (only a Power switch), I just purchased this little contraption:

It connects to the internal USB header, of which there is one. To share this header with the Bluetooth module, I purchased this:

If you need more than 2 internal USB ports, this is also available:

Now I can power the system ON/OFF and Reset it with a wireless remote control. It works very well.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
128K, Classic, iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, Xserve
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Funny you should ask! Because the Phanteks Evolv X PC case does not have a Reset switch (only a Power switch), I just purchased this little contraption:

It connects to the internal USB header, of which there is one. To share this header with the Bluetooth module, I purchased this:

Now I can power the system ON/OFF and Reset it with a wireless remote control. It works very well.
GAH!
This is great. I have a Corsair case and it also has no reset switch. Perfect timing.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello again
Presently I have a new Monitor. Now my vega 64 Crashes couple times!
And Memory gets Full according Istate and the Screen which hast 4k has the following!

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE-F4
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Hello, everyone I’ve got my system up and running, sometimes I have issues waking from sleep but at the moment I don’t seem to be able to see my 6tb and 10tb drives that I’ve installed on the system or in disk utility. However I can see the 3 and 4 tb drives

Motherboard
GA Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS

@CaseySJ , that contraption is so cool! Luckily I have the reset button, but this a great option!

I have just received my splitter - exactly the one you have mentioned. I was just a little worrying there were a few mix reviews, but great to hear it is working well. Why don't you put those little contraptions on your hardware list? you can't technically run your box fully without them :)

Thanks again for all your help!

Motherboard
ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
CaseySJ,

I want to thank you so much for all your work. I based my new Mojave Hackintosh (first in maybe 10 years) on this thread. My build is similar to yours, but uses a Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Waterforce z390 mobo run as an iMac18,3 (see attached config file). My CPU is the i9 9900K, with water-cooling (after all, it's a WaterForce mobo!) supplied by EKWB (here).

I had some glitches along the way, mostly in post-install matters so I thought I'd try to give back to the forum, sharing what happened (and also raising some questions, esp regarding PCI slots, which seem not to follow my simplistic logic). I'll also try to provide the usual/expected uploads.

The build uses a 1TB Samsung 970 PRO NVMe SSD (here's where things get strange: while this is in the M2M slot and supposedly this takes away from the SATA, not the PCI devices, yet I find it is listed at PCI 4.00.0, see below). I've had no issues using it; the test below shows it's quite fast. I also added a Samsung 960 1TB SSD for internal backup. Other drives will follow. I use the computer mostly for PhotoShop (lots of 40 to 100MB raw files), Logic Pro (with Apollo), Roon HiRez music streaming, along with Video streaming.

I've followed RehabMan's USB instructions, and most of your post-install USB and TB3 instructions, deviating for what I assume is due to mobo differences. (My case, a BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2, has an iPhone charging plate from the 3.1 USB header that works just fine!)

I did use USBMap (here) to add-in a couple of ACPI files (SSDT-EC and SSDT-USBX). I modified your SSDT-UIAC file to suit my needs (uploaded below as SSDT-UIAC-Xtreme). However, despite these files, I had more consistent success when I also placed Boot arguments into Clover, such as, "-uia_exclude_hs" followed by "uia_exclude=HS09;HS10;HS14;SS09;SS10" and then by "uia_include=HS01;HS02;HS03;HS04;HS05;HS06;HS11;HS12;HS13;SS01;SS02:SS03;SS04;SS05;SS06".

Warning: despite having a SSDT-UIAC file, never only have the Clover Boot Argument "uia_exclude_hs" by itself without having at least "uia_include=HS11;HS12;HS13", otherwise you won't have any USB keyboard access as these Boot Arguments seem to over-ride any SSDT files (and how would I know this? ...sigh). [At this point, I did not know about using Clover options during booting to use different config files; instead, I ended up re-installing Mojave to get around the lack of keyboard input, wasting hours of time.]

I initially used the iGPU (I had no problems booting or viewing with HDMI) and once Mojave 10.14.3 was running, added a Radeon Vega 64 (air cooled). I then studied the various fan issues. I ended up using a modified KEXT that seems to work best in terms of quieting the fan (which I'd downloaded, post #105--thanks Lapseart!, from the Vega thread here), altering it so that HWMonitorSMC2 can work (modiflying Lapseart's upload by changing the PP_DisablePowerContainment from 1 to 0; uploaded below).

I next worked on the TB3 ports to get them working with my UAD Apollo X6 unit. The resulting TB3 connection is flawless, using your v3 SSDT-Z390-AORUS-EXTREME-TB3HP-V3 (as well as your SSDT-DTPG file). Thanks again, CaseySJ! I use a Plugable (here) TB3 docking station between the iMac18,3 and the Apollo X6.

After this, I added the OSXWiFi/Hackintosh Broadcom board (here). This caused lots of headaches. The system would repeatedly crash. I finally realized it was only crashing when placing the board in either of the recommended PCIe-x1 slots (2 or 4 on my mobo). Once I moved it to PCIe-x8 (slot 3) or PCIe-x4 (slot 5; farthest from the CPU, where I now have it), it worked just fine. After the WiFi and BT were working, I then tried to get into iMessage and FaceTime. Neither of these worked until, as you've suggested, I added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. Then iMessage and FaceTime ran perfectly. BTW, I also added a FireWire board (Vantec FW 800/400; model UGT-FW210) and it integrates just fine in either of the PCIe-x1 slots, requiring no special drivers.

In trying to dress up the system, I've tried to enter various features in the Devices/Arbitrary section of Clover (see config.plist upload - all SN were removed). Prior to doing this, I tried various ways suggested in this thread to locate the PCI locations (like using DarwinDumper, which only gave me blank pages). I ended up finding lspci v1.1 (here) and after a re-boot, running the command: lspci -b -nn in Terminal, it gives a nice listing of the PCI slots (shown below). I found that the Broadcom unit is indeed at Slot-5, as expected, and the iGPU is at 0.02, as expected. Also, as expected, is one Ethernet port at 00:1f.4 along with the Realtek ALC1220-VB correctly located at 00.1f.3.

However, the Vega 64 is listed being at slot 3.00.0 (and the Multimedia portion at 3.00.1), while it's physically located in the 1st slot on the mobo. Also odd is the Samsung storage controller at slot 4.00, which as I mentioned above is supposedly tied into the SATA headers. One of the ethernet ports (I think the Aquantia) is showing up at PCI 71.00. This confuses my simple mind.

Things then seemed to be going well, when suddenly, I couldn't boot the system: the Apple logo appeared but no progress bar. After some frustration, CaseySJ, I found your suggestion regarding re-loading the BIOS (I'm using Z390AXWF.F3c, the latest for my mobo) and this cured the problem and also allowed OC without seeing a black screen (not even the Apple logo would appear when I tried to modestly OC).

I'm presently running the i9 9900K at 4.7GHz. I've run some speed tests and uploaded those results too. These look pretty good to me.

If you want any other items, like BIOS settings, etc, let me know. CaseySJ, thanks again for your help and generosity!

Attachments

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello again
Presently I have a new Monitor. Now my vega 64 Crashes couple times!
And Memory gets Full according Istate and the Screen which hast 4k has the following!
What is the make and model of your Vega 64?

Have you tried the two different Vega fan and power solutions in the build guide?
Also please take a careful look at @rj510's post directly above, in particular this paragraph:

I initially used the iGPU (I had no problems booting or viewing with HDMI) and once Mojave 10.14.3 was running, added a Radeon Vega 64 (air cooled). I then studied the various fan issues. I ended up using a modified KEXT that seems to work best in terms of quieting the fan (which I'd downloaded, post #105--thanks Lapseart!, from the Vega thread here), altering it so that HWMonitorSMC2 can work (modiflying Lapseart's upload by changing the PP_DisablePowerContainment from 1 to 0; uploaded below).