RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi
Thank you to CaseySJ for the fantastic guide.
  1. Without Kernel PM Flag in Clover my machine won't boot.
  2. I use AptioFixMemory-64 (but I have a failure with IGPU memory at 128)
  3. Erp Power Enable in Bios for Usb Power Off when shutdown Computer
I have installed nvram, and EmuVariableUefi ( FaceTime etc).
Now I can delete EmuVariableUefi?

Thank you
Max
Hello Max,

Regarding items 1, 2, 3 -- do you need any help with those items or are you just stating your experience?

Once you have FaceTime and Messages activated, you can delete EmuVariableUefi-64, but it's also perfectly okay to keep it permanently. For my own system, I decided to just keep it.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Haha! I've been clonidine on here for 8 years - one of the most underrated things in medicine - just like me ;)
Glad it's item 2!
  1. Hackintoshing --> hypertension --> clonidine
  2. Clonidine --> Hackintoshing
Thanks for suggestions. It turned out to be the Gammix S11 Pro NVMe SSD that was preventing keypresses registering at the splash screen. I guess the value really was too good to be true. I'm fairly sure it was the SSD and not a problem with the mobo m.2 connector, because it had the same effect in either position. I'm waiting for a different NVMe drive to test, because I guess it could be the associated chipset.
The Gammix S11 Pro has top-notch specifications. In fact, I'm using both the SX8200 and newer SX8200 Pro. All three of these devices are made by ADATA and all three support NVMe 1.3. I have had no issues whatsoever with the SX8200 NVMe SSDs. So perhaps you have a defective copy?

Now I'm back to the intermittent crashes - this time it's almost all freezes. They seem to be less frequent straight after I either re-seat the GPU or unplug/replug the power connector to it.
Does your GPU have a little switch for selecting BIOS A/B or Silent Mode vs Over Clock Mode? If the card is securely seated in its slot, try flipping the little switches one at a time. And if you have an alternative card, try that. Finally, remove the GPU completely and use the on-board video ports to see if the system is stable.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello Max,

Regarding items 1, 2, 3 -- do you need any help with those items or are you just stating your experience?

Once you have FaceTime and Messages activated, you can delete EmuVariableUefi-64, but it's also perfectly okay to keep it permanently. For my own system, I decided to just keep it.
Just to share my experience...
and Thanks again.

another question:
It's normal that I don't see Uhd 630 in System Report?
FCP X and Preview are ok.
I've tried all method but I have the same result...
I'm using UHD 630 only for compute.
SMBIOS Imac 18.3

Attachments

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just to share my experience...
and Thanks again.

another question:
It's normal that I don't see Uhd 630 in System Report?
FCP X and Preview are ok.
I've tried all method but I have the same result...
I'm using UHD 630 only for compute.
SMBIOS Imac 18.3
Your configuration is correct. In headless mode (Platform ID 0x3E920003 or 0x3E910003) the iGPU will not appear in System Report. But as you can see, it appears correctly in IOReg.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Desingnare
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@qmediaservices, I concur with @CaseySJ's recommendation of the Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB graphics card. It works OOB and is supported natively in High Sierra 1013.6 and Mojave. The others will probably cause you to pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time. :D
Thanks man appreciate your comment.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Desingnare
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
  • I would recommend the Sapphire Pulse RX 580 over the WX 7100. (Avoid the Sapphire Nitro+.) I tend to recommend the RX 580 over the RX Vega as well because it works very well out-of-the-box. Vega cards often require custom fan and power settings, so you must be willing to spend some time to research and set up the Vega properly. All of these cards can run 4K at 60Hz.
  • I would also recommend the EVGA SuperNova over the EVGA Bq.
  • The rest of your selections are good.
Thanks for all your help man, I will start working on it soon.:clap:

Motherboard
z390 Designare
CPU
i9
Graphics
Vega64
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
128K, Classic, iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, Xserve
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Because I'm not familiar with the new card, I'm afraid I cannot be of much help. But regarding the old card, here's the current status:
  • The WiFi function of this card works correctly.
  • The Bluetooth function of this card is not working. By this we mean:
    • Bluetooth power cable is connected to USB port.
    • Bluetooth device is recognized and present in IOReg.
    • Bluetooth "On/Off" button is disabled (grayed out) in Bluetooth Preferences.
    • Unable to connect any devices to Bluetooth.
Based on this:
  • If the two antennas are properly connected, then I suspect you have a bad BCM94360 mini-PCIe card.
  • You should hopefully be within your return window to have it exchanged.
  • I would also suggest returning the new card.
  • By the way, is the new card installed on a new PCIe x1 adapter or on the old PCIe x1 adapter?
The "new" card is a completely new PCI card and the board is sealed in it. I just ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2G4ZN0/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
To see if it solves the problem. I will another PCIe card if this next one fails.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE-F4
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
  • I would recommend the Sapphire Pulse RX 580 over the WX 7100. (Avoid the Sapphire Nitro+.) I tend to recommend the RX 580 over the RX Vega as well because it works very well out-of-the-box. Vega cards often require custom fan and power settings, so you must be willing to spend some time to research and set up the Vega properly. All of these cards can run 4K at 60Hz.
  • I would also recommend the EVGA SuperNova over the EVGA Bq.
  • The rest of your selections are good.
When I had the Vega 56 connected, I couldn't get past the install phase. So I took it out then I completed the install. But when I put it in, the computer freezes at the login screen. Where should I put the Vega 56 drivers? This has me completely confused.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
When I had the Vega 56 connected, I couldn't get past the install phase. So I took it out then I completed the install. But when I put it in, the computer freezes at the login screen. Where should I put the Vega 56 drivers? This has me completely confused.
  • What is the make and model of the Vega 56?
  • No drivers are needed because Mojave supports Vega cards natively; but some Vega cards are officially "recommended" by Apple and should be prioritized.
  • Lilu and WhateverGreen should be installed. At first you can install them in CLOVER/kexts/Other. Note that Lilu and WhateverGreen are not "drivers" but "enablers". They enable Radeon cards to work on Hackintoshes, but Apple's native driver actually drives the cards.
  • After installing the Vega, you should set BIOS --> Initial Display Output --> PCIe <n> Slot.
If you still have trouble with the system, please let us know and I'm sure the many Vega owners here will be able to provide guidance.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 780 Ti
I bought an Elgato Thunderbolt 3 dock, which probably uses Alpine Ridge controllers since it was released pre 2018, and my hackintosh recognizes the Thunderbolt dock, however, my UAD Apollo, which I've connected to the Elgato via the official Apple as well as Startech TB 3 to TB Adapters, is still not recognized.

This is the dock:

I also tried this dock under Windows 10 and my audio interface is not recognized there, either. It does recognize my mobile phone when I plug it in the front USB input, so the dock does seem to work via the TB 3 connection, it's just that it fails to initialize my TB 1 device. I'm using the BIOS settings from your opening post as well as the TB SSDT files, @CaseySJ. What is going on here? The Alpine Ridge controller is not recognizing the TB1 audio interface signal and neither is the native Titan Ridge controller...

Here's a picture of my IOregistry and my system report: