Motherboard
HP Probook 4540s
CPU
i5 3320M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone! This is my first post here, but I read this great forum not from today. Thanks to mindblowing Rehabman's work here I have build my first hackintosh on Probook 4540s few years ago. It works fine, and I'm writing to you from it. :) Last month I decided to build another one. This time on desktop with Thunderbolt (for Universal Audio devices). Pretty fast I found, that this thread gives a lot of detailed information and realized that its Founder is another hackintosh superhero. Thank you CaseySJ! So to make my life easier I decided to go well described path and I bought:

Gigabyte Z390 Designare (F8)
Intel i5-9600K
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) ddr4-3200
Samsung EVO 970 M.2 NVMe (500GB)
CoolerMaster MPX 5501
(no graphics card, no WiFi/BT)

I put it all together and for testing I used one of Linux liveUSB distro. It looks like there is no hardware issues.

But this post is not only for thanksgiving. I have a problem, which I can't solve on my own despite spending hours and days on googling, reading, trying and.. frustrating. That's why I decided to bother you.

I tried many times to go through exact every point of tutorial from first post of this thread checking twice every step to install MacOs 10.14.6. And every time I stuck at black screen (on -v boot) with words: "End randomseed" as last info.

Current state:
UniBeast-prepared USB pluged in "blue" port on MoBo
Monitor on HDMI port
Ethernet cable in i219 port
UEFI settings as described in spoiler of this tutorial (Post#1)
config.plist as described in spoiler of this tutorial (Post#1)
kexts and .efi files on its place

I have read that it this problem can be caused by incorrect "memory fix" file but I followed the tutorial and used OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in combination with slide=0.

What I'm doing wrong? What information should I add to make your help possible? Please help.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
** Gigabyte Beta BIOS F9g **

Thanks again to @nightmac for informing us of BIOS F9g and in particular the option to enable or disable CFG-LOCK (MSR 0xE2). Although F9g is still in beta, it is digitally signed by Gigabyte and appears safe to use. After installing it this morning I found that CFG-LOCK is actually disabled by default. How nice.

200525131352.jpg

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone! This is my first post here, but I read this great forum not from today. Thanks to mindblowing Rehabman's work here I have build my first hackintosh on Probook 4540s few years ago. It works fine and I'm writing to you from it. :) Last month I decided to build another one. This time on desktop with thunderbolt (for Universal Audio devices). Pretty fast I found, that this thread gives a lot of detailed informations and realized that its Founder is another hackintosh superhero. Thank you CaseySJ! So to make my life easier I decided to go well described path and I bought:

Gigabyte Z390 Designare (F8)
Intel i5-9600K
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) ddr4-3200
Samsung EVO 970 M.2 NVMe (500GB)
CoolerMaster MPX 5501
(no grafic card, no WiFi/BT)

I put it all together and for testing I used one of Linux liveUSB distro. It looks like there is no hardware issues.

But this post is not only for thanksgiving. I have a problem, which I can't solve on my own despite spending hours and days on googling, reading, trying and.. frustrating. That's why I decided to bother you.

I tried many times to go through exact every point of tutorial from first post of this thread checking twice every step to install MacOs 10.14.6. And every time I stuck at black screen (on -v boot) with words: "End randomseed" as last info.

Current state:
Unibeast-prepared USB pluged in "blue" port on MoBo
Monitor on HDMI port
Ethernet cable in i219 port
UEFI settings as described in spoiler of this tutorial (Post#1)
config.plist as described in spoiler of this tutorial (Post#1)
kexts and .efi files on its place

I have read that it this problem can be caused by incorrect "memory fix" file but I followed the tutorial and used OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in combination with slide=0.

What I'm doing wrong? What informations should I add to make your help possible? Please help.
Hello @jwpb,

Welcome to the forum. End randomseed is generally very easy to fix, but it may require one or both of the following:
  • Confirm that only 1 memory fix driver is present in the CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder. If you unsure, just post a screenshot of that folder.
    • Ideally, however, we should replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with OcQuirks/FwRuntimeServices (on Mojave). Instructions are here.
  • If problem persists, then we need to perform a CMOS Reset by following the procedure in Designare owner's manual.
    • CMOS Reset will also set BIOS parameters to factory defaults so it's a good idea to either:
      • Save BIOS settings to a profile (from "Save & Exit" screen) before doing CMOS Reset, then load the profile after CMOS Reset, OR
      • Configure all BIOS parameters again starting with Load Optimized Defaults.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
HD 630HD + RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro

Thanks again to @nightmac for informing us of BIOS F9g and in particular the option to enable or disable CFG-LOCK (MSR 0xE2). Although F9g is still in beta, it is digitally signed by Gigabyte and appears safe to use. After installing it this morning I found that CFG-LOCK is actually disabled by default. How nice.

Same for the Aorus Master beta I installed a couple of days ago. Looks like Gigabyte is moving in that direction for the next round of finals. One less step to take!

Motherboard
GA-Z390-DESIGNARE
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
*** Mini-Guide: Using Hackintool to Set Headless Platform ID 0x3E980003 ***

Step 1:
View attachment 411253
Step 2:
Mount EFI partition of your Mojave SSD.

Step 3:
View attachment 411252

Step 4:
Select the existing config.plist in the EFI/CLOVER folder. Don't worry, Hackintool will backup the existing file and insert the patch in a non-destructive manner.

Step 5:
In Clover Configurator open the modified config.plist and uncheck/blank-out all entries in the Graphics page.

Reboot.

I'm desperately trying to get Quicksync / IGPU working with this and other guides, but to no avail. Would be super grateful for some input before I've pulled all my hair out.

I'm on a 9900K, so presumably a UHD-630? And a RX Vega 64 is dgpu.

• I've followed your full installation guide.
• I've followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/#Headless.
• Internal Graphics is Enabled in Bios.
• I have the latest version of Lilu (1.4.4) and WEG (1.3.9) installed.

Since the Hackintool application has changed a bit since these guides, it helps to confuse things for me.

PNG #1
"Intel CPU Generation" is listed as "???", which should be part of what I need to fix, right? As well as "Metal Headless", which should say "Yes" I suppose? I don't understand how to do this.

PNG #2
I'm supposed to make the "Current Framebuffer" be replaced by the "Selected Framebuffer, right? How do I do that? As far as I can tell I've set the "Intel Generation" in the left corner manually to Coffee Lake, and the "Platform-ID" to 0x3E980003. Is this correct? Why is Hackintool still not recognising it?

PNG #3 VRAM tab

PNG #4 Frambuffer tab

PNG #5 Connectors Tab

PNG #6 When I apply your Patch settings, it seems no actual input is added?

I've attached Config.plist and IOReg as well. I cannot see the iGPU showing up in the ioreg-file.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• 1 .png
    1 .png
    367 KB · Views: 54
  • 2.png
    2.png
    257.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 3.png
    3.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 4.png
    4.png
    322.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 5.png
    5.png
    258.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 6.png
    6.png
    260.2 KB · Views: 41
  • config.plist
    9.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Philips-Desktop.ioreg
    9.1 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Some 1000 new pages since my last visit! :clap: My hack was running smoothly, and with work piling up and there were to many posts to follow I stopped reading. But I had 10.15.4 waiting, so I started reading again. I read about the MSR unlock, but figured I'll try first without. Update went smoothly until the bless support program 'error'.

Even-tough my hack seemed to have updated to 10.15.4, I still had a macOS Install icon when starting up. So I did the MSR unlock. I had to combine 3 posts, because I didn't want to do a fresh install. All went well, again thanks to the great guides. But I still have the macOS Install icon. Clicking on this didn't help because the update package is already deleted. Should I download the 10.15.4 update (or combo) from Apple and run it again?

Motherboard
z390 phantom itx
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
radeon 5700 XT
Hello @jwpb,

Welcome to the forum. End randomseed is generally very easy to fix, but it may require one or both of the following:
  • Confirm that only 1 memory fix driver is present in the CLOVER/drivers/UEFIfolder. If you unsure, just post a screenshot of that folder.
    • Ideally, however, we should replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with OcQuirks/FwRuntimeServices (on Mojave). Instructions are here.
  • If problem persists, then we need to perform a CMOS Reset by following the procedure in Designare owner's manual.
    • CMOS Reset will also set BIOS parameters to factory defaults so it's a good idea to either:
      • Save BIOS settings to a profile (from "Save & Exit" screen) before doing CMOS Reset, then load the profile after CMOS Reset, OR
      • Configure all BIOS parameters again starting with Load Optimized Defaults.
Hi @CaseySJ,
Why we do not remove VirtualSmc.efi because it is a part of OpenRuntime?. I also think slide=0 conflicts with the OcQuirks fixes

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just a quick question. I'm installing Catalina from scratch. The Unlocking MSR 0xE2 should be done at destination Catalina machine or in the machine I'm buildign the USB?

Destination has a z390 designare MB, The other machine I'm using to build the USB has an aorus pro z390 MB.

Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just a quick question. I'm installing Catalina from scratch. The Unlocking MSR 0xE2 should be done at destination Catalina machine or in the machine I'm buildign the USB?

Destination has a z390 designare MB, The other machine I'm using to build the USB has an aorus pro z390 MB.

@aitor451

The Designare mobo is the one to be unlocked.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590

Just tried, everything seems ok, cfg unlocked as expected