Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, I will check that out. Did you check my previous post.

Just trying to find out if there is anything else I need to do with my config.plist other than change my SMBIOS.
Just saw the previous post. Have the apps already been registered/licensed with model name = iMac19,1? Switching to iMacPro1,1 can speed up Final Cut Pro, but the problems you described earlier are most likely due to something else (slow disk IO for example). Just switching model name is worth a try (i.e. without changing serial number, board serial number, and System UUID).

Also I would suggest temporarily disabling the two items below by checking the Disable column to the right.
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 12.55.49 PM.png

Im my motherboard bios my IGPU is enabled. I also have this output from VideoProcc

View attachment 466931
That's good...

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, I will check that out. Did you check my previous post. Just trying to find out if there is anything else I need to do with my config.plist other than change my SMBIOS.

Im my motherboard bios my IGPU is enabled. I also have this output from VideoProcc
No matter what I do, I can't get Video Proc to show my Graphics Card, it just says N/A and I swear when it runs the test, the CPUs spike and not my GPU...

Your Image at least proves I'm not nuts, an AMD dGPU can be listed by VideoProc.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello @nifranza,

This is usually due to an iCloud or AppleID issue. Some suggestions:
  • Check if your macOS serial number is not already in use. Click here and copy/paste your serial number from About this Mac. If you see a red ERROR message then you're GOOD.
  • Sign out of App Store. From the Store menu, select Sign Out. Then sign in. If that does not help, then sign out of App Store and iCloud. Reboot. Sign back in.
Thanks, fixed!

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Just saw the previous post. Have the apps already been registered/licensed with model name = iMac19,1? Switching to iMacPro1,1 can speed up Final Cut Pro, but the problems you described earlier are most likely due to something else (slow disk IO for example). Just switching model name is worth a try (i.e. without changing serial number, board serial number, and System UUID).

Also I would suggest temporarily disabling the two items below by checking the Disable column to the right.
View attachment 466940

That's good...

I disabled those 2 item as you said and switched to iMac Pro 1,1. Now I cannot boot. I get to the white apple screen and then my machine abruptly power cycles

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I disabled those 2 item as you said and switched to iMac Pro 1,1. Now I cannot boot. I get to the white apple screen and then my machine abruptly power cycles
We can re-enable the Kernel & Kext Patches directly from the Clover Boot Menu, like this:

Select Options:
screenshot4_resize.jpg

Select Binaries patching
screenshot5_resize.jpg

Select Custom kexts patches
screenshot6_resize.jpg

Reenable the patches (your screen will look different from this)
screenshot7_resize.jpg

Then press Esc several times to get back to Clover Boot Menu and try again. If it boots, then re-enable these patches in config.plist.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
CPU
i9-7960X
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please post the original system DSDT like this:
  • At Clover Boot Menu, press F4. Wait few seconds. Nothing will happen on screen, but files will be quietly written to disk.
  • Then boot into macOS and Mount EFI partition.
  • DSDT.aml will be in CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder.
Thanks a lot for your time. Attached original DSDT dump from clover

PC03 / BR3B /SL0A

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    125.5 KB · Views: 17
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No matter what I do, I can't get Video Proc to show my Graphics Card, it just says N/A and I swear when it runs the test, the CPUs spike and not my GPU...

Your Image at least proves I'm not nuts, an AMD dGPU can be listed by VideoProc.

Video Proc shows nothing about my Vega but if I use activity monitor and encode something all the load is put on my Vega. Some of those things like it listing your card are just cosmetic.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
We can re-enable the Kernel & Kext Patches directly from the Clover Boot Menu, like this:

Select Options:
View attachment 466948

Select Binaries patching
View attachment 466950

Select Custom kexts patches
View attachment 466951

Reenable the patches (your screen will look different from this)
View attachment 466953

Then press Esc several times to get back to Clover Boot Menu and try again. If it boots, then re-enable these patches in config.plist.

That did not fix my issue is it possible to change it back to imac 19,1 from that menu?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. Quadra
  7. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

While I was typing this, @CaseySJ gave you a tip. Please favor his advice over mine. AYR/YMMV.

Regarding the reboot and after switching configurations, it may do that a couple times, but not as a regular event. Assuming you are using iMP 1,1, Clover, your EFI is correct, and that your monitor is connected to your dGPU, please try this as it's worked for me with my Z390 build:
  1. Shut it all down and switch off the PSU (power supply) button.
  2. Power off all Thunderbolt devices and disconnect the cables.
  3. Press the power-on button on the PC to drain any residual power from the PSU. Wait a minute. (My Seasonic PSU will still leave the board LEDs lit for nearly a minute even when the PSU is unplugged from the wall. YMMV)
  4. Reconnect all Thunderbolt devices' cables. Leave them off for now.
  5. Switch-on the PSU.
  6. Press the power-on button on the computer. It may take a minute for everything to start. Let it do its thing.
  7. Hammer away at the Delete key on a USB-attached keyboard to go into BIOS. (It'll resist, so tap, tap, tap, hold.)
  8. Make sure iGPU is set to Off -not on or Auto.
  9. Save the BIOS configuration as usual and reboot.
  10. Hammer away at F12 to make sure that the machine is loading the correct EFI from the correct volume.
  11. Press enter when the correct EFI from the correct volume has been selected.
  12. When you get to the Clover screen, select the appropriate MacOS and continue with the boot.
  13. If the machine boots normally, don't launch any apps yet. Just Shut Down from the menu.
  14. Shut Down the computer.
  15. Power-up all needed external devices, including Thunderbolt devices.
  16. Press the power-on button on the computer.
  17. Let computer do all the booting by itself. Let it do its thing.

Last edited: