Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Same... I had a DTPG with Device (RMDT) [for test purpose]. I tried original DTPG instead of.
I can't load thunderbolt properties with aml for BR3B.View attachment 466854
View attachment 466857
Please post the original system DSDT like this:
  • At Clover Boot Menu, press F4. Wait few seconds. Nothing will happen on screen, but files will be quietly written to disk.
  • Then boot into macOS and Mount EFI partition.
  • DSDT.aml will be in CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
Vega 56/64
Mac
  1. iMac
SSDT approach can be adapted for add-in-cards. As long as we can determine the addresses of root port and UPSB, then most often the remaining addresses (of DSB0, NHI0, DSB1, DSB2, DSB4) can be determined using the first two.

I'll take a look at the SSDT later -- no promises, but maybe I can provide some hints.

Okay, very unexpected, but a nice surprise....thanks! And, there's no rush....I still have ICM style, for now.....

Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega FE Liquid
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay the UberNoob returns.. sorry to be a pain.
The flashing job was painful - once I'm finalised on this I'll give you a post on what I think I may/could have done to save the stress to hopefully help others..

So home run hopefully - but I still am having trouble in what to put in the SSDT
I've gone to the CRC Calculator but in the CRC Input data window - it's already pre-filled with the same 9 bytes even before entering the given configuration from the guide.
I've generated a checksum from the given bytes but just double checking I'm doing this right..??

Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 16.44.13.png

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay the UberNoob returns.. sorry to be a pain.
The flashing job was painful - once I'm finalised on this I'll give you a post on what I think I may/could have done to save the stress to hopefully help others..

So home run hopefully - but I still am having trouble in what to put in the SSDT
I've gone to the CRC Calculator but in the CRC Input data window - it's already pre-filled with the same 9 bytes even before entering the given configuration from the guide.
I've generated a checksum from the given bytes but just double checking I'm doing this right..??

View attachment 466861
Are you specifying new random numbers for the 5 green bytes in the DROM micro-guide? We need to generate a unique ID by specifying any 5 hex numbers between 0x00 and 0xFF. Then we generate a new CRC-8 checksum that goes into byte #1.

Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega FE Liquid
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Are you specifying new random numbers for the 5 green bytes in the DROM micro-guide? We need to generate a unique ID by specifying any 5 hex numbers between 0x00 and 0xFF. Then we generate a new CRC-8 checksum that goes into byte #1.
Well, this is just it. There's already numbers in the box every time I visit the CRC page.
Am I to delete these and stick my own 'lottery numbers' in instead?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, this is just it. There's already numbers in the box every time I visit the CRC page.
Am I to delete these and stick my own 'lottery numbers' in instead?
Yes of course. Most of the fields on the website are populated with default values to give users some examples of how to enter values. We just delete the appropriate default values and replace them with our own.

Update: I've updated all six Thunderbolt DROM micro-guides to make this more clear (I hope). The original wording was misleading.

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 9.49.36 AM.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus WS X299 SAGE/10G (3203)
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
@NorthAmTransAm: you are owner of ASUS-THUNDERBOLT-EX-3. Can you provide me please a exact location of Winbond chip to flash on this card? Thank you.
81Q3jNKl4uL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
No that would make the card work less hard and run cooler thus extending its life. Besides 1 year old system should not be having a GPU blow up maybe you got some manufacture warrantee still at around 1 year.

thanks for your reply!
it’s been a little over a year, but i’ll check. I thought so too, and since i don’t use gfx heavy software, i’m really puzzled what happened...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't find the answer..where is the HS02 / SS02 USB port for this board? I don't see it in the USB mapping you laid out (on page 1). Thanks : )

Last edited: