Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ

There's one final thing I've LOVE to get working on my system and that's sleep by make some SSDT changes so only the power button can wake the system.

I found this posting:

but it's 4 years old. Is there something that could easily be done to your "SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml" in order to make this happen?

Thanks!
Lam

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ

There's one final thing I've LOVE to get working on my system and that's sleep by make some SSDT changes so only the power button can wake the system.

I found this posting:

but it's 4 years old. Is there something that could easily be done to your "SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml" in order to make this happen?

Thanks!
Lam
What is the use case or reason for this? We've spent so much effort on getting sleep and wake to work like a real Mac and now you want to break that?!! :)

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 580
It would be unusual for GPU to go bad so suddenly, but that does appear to be the case here.

super weird. But time flies, it’s not been a few months but over a year since i built this.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Just ordered a new gpu, i’ll see if that was the problem mid week

edit: is it possible that somehow it’s gone bad so fast cuz i had it in the pciex2 slot instead of pciex1? I know the bandwidth is remarkably lower...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
What is the use case or reason for this? We've spent so much effort on getting sleep and wake to work like a real Mac and now you want to break that?!! :)

I know :(

It’s just because of all my Corsair items connected internally to HS11/HS12. It would be great to have the option to not have to worry about any USB device waking the system and only having the power button do the waking :)

Lam

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi @CaseySJ, I'm having an issue when trying to log in to the App Store.
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 02.24.43.png

I'm attaching IOReg dump and my EFI folder with serials removed. Would you mind please taking a look?

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    8.2 MB · Views: 21
  • EFI.zip
    18.7 MB · Views: 21
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I hadn't noticed that! :)

As I recall @NoiseCoalition was #1 to follow the pre-production build guide and you were right there at #2. It was an untested adventure, but the build has come a long way since then due in large part to the contributions of so many.

Yes I remember seeing your early Designaire posts on another thread and then asking you to document your build. So very glad that you did! I’ve been following along quietly as a lot of the more recent developments are over my head but it’s so impressive to see how far this build has come. There is such a wealth of information in this thread. Thank you @CaseySJ!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was using HWMonitorSMC2 v2.4.9, but just upgraded to v2.6.1 from CloverHackyColor (click here). This version is even better. Not only does it display iGPU and AMD GPU statistics, but it also displays comprehensive voltages for Designare Z390:

View attachment 466611
  • Are you using any non-standard DSDT?
  • Feel free to compress and upload your CLOVER folder, but remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section of config.plist.
  • Also post a screenshot of the /Library/Extensions folder.
OK. Here are my aml and extensions folder pix as well as the EFI.
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 3.13.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 3.12.21 AM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.9 MB · Views: 34
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
super weird. But time flies, it’s not been a few months but over a year since i built this.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Just ordered a new gpu, i’ll see if that was the problem mid week

edit: is it possible that somehow it’s gone bad so fast cuz i had it in the pciex2 slot instead of pciex1? I know the bandwidth is remarkably lower...

No that would make the card work less hard and run cooler thus extending its life. Besides 1 year old system should not be having a GPU blow up maybe you got some manufacture warrantee still at around 1 year.