Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First i copied your device id for uhd from the 10.15.4 fresh install guide, now video proc doesnt stuck at full load when i ran hardware accelaration test, so i guess it helped...Good so far, thanks...On the other hand i tried to add de RX 580, that video proc recognises this hardware...But this doesnt work...Please see my config everything fine so far? As well the vram part for the igpu?View attachment 466068
Fixed an error in that post. The property name should be AAPL,model instead of just 'model'.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
since there is only one DP-in, but 2 thunderbolt ports, would you use one for a display and the other for non-display TB devices?
Same as with Z390 Designare we can use both ports for Thunderbolt 3 devices including eGPUs, but only Port #1 to directly drive a Thunderbolt display.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
1588259014679.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
... the missing parts are "just" resisters and there is a pretty good chance the board will work fine by simply bridging the space between the missing resisters
I, too, had the idea, but held it back, because there were rare cases, where it backfired.
I experimented and broke a looooot of stuff, when I was younger. My uncle always backed me up, shared my curiosity and told me that sometimes (back in THOSE days it was more like "often" for me) you learn the mechanics of devices by breaking them and I could never become a master of repair without ever having broken something :lol: since then I developed an aptitude for all kinds of machines.
Another day, and I'm ready for another experiment.

Thank you all @genzai, @CaseySJ, and @SuDoDmz for your ideas and suggestions!

I prefer soldering over using a pen with conductive ink. A soldered connection seems way more solid and much easier to undo than a conductive ink connection. My friend that has a soldering station will help me out tonight to bridge the connections where the resistors once were.

So tonight I might either break something (and work my way up to master of disaster), or actually fix my Designare.
The new Designare board arrived in the mail today, so if soldering fixes my current board I can return the new one. If my soldering and fixing attempt breaks my current Designare tonight, I'll be up-and-running again tomorrow with the new board.

Will keep you posted on results.

PS (off-topic) ... We might have found a concept for a new TV show here ... Master of Repair and/or Master of Disaster, in the line of many shows like Master Chef etc ;)

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Worthwhile to watch... Same old UHD 630 iGPU. Really need to wait for Rocket Lake S CPUs.

Charts below are Comet Lake S:
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 8.19.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 8.23.02 AM.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The Terminal commands are applicable to all macOS Mojave and Catalina systems. The SSDT / ACPI Patch is for Z390 only.
I am not sure what this signifies or if there is anything that looks like it is causing sleep wake problems and if there is a fix.

Attachments

• Sleep-Log.txt.zip
    211.3 KB · Views: 17
Motherboard
Aorus Xtreme Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Another day, and I'm ready for another experiment.

Thank you all @genzai, @CaseySJ, and @SuDoDmz for your ideas and suggestions!

I prefer soldering over using a pen with conductive ink. A soldered connection seems way more solid and much easier to undo than a conductive ink connection. My friend that has a soldering station will help me out tonight to bridge the connections where the resistors once were.

So tonight I might either break something (and work my way up to master of disaster), or actually fix my Designare.
The new Designare board arrived in the mail today, so if soldering fixes my current board I can return the new one. If my soldering and fixing attempt breaks my current Designare tonight, I'll be up-and-running again tomorrow with the new board.

Will keep you posted on results.

PS (off-topic) ... We might have found a concept for a new TV show here ... Master of Repair and/or Master of Disaster, in the line of many shows like Master Chef etc ;)

I don't want to encourage mischievous behaviour, but if I were you, I'd return the bad board :twisted:

It's official...

What did I tell ya? Nooo dual DP-In for us (again). The Vision(s) look nice though

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't want to encourage mischievous behaviour, but if I were you, I'd return the bad board :twisted:
@iRamon

Please don't do that. You knew the risks. The damage, though unintentional, is not covered by warranty. Returning it would be a willful act of fraud.

Have it soldered by your friend and see what happens.

Motherboard
Aorus Xtreme Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
@CaseySJ New Mainboards are basically same stuff we already have. I think I withhold and wait for DDR5 to make an appearance. Not as excited, as I thought I'd be. Think next projects going to be an mITX, something space-saving.