CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
HD 630HD + Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Hi again! It's funny but our EFI is 99% the same. But, no matter what I do, if I insert SSDT (yours or CaseySJ's) I have freeze in full screen benchmark or game. Long freeze! CaseySJ maybe you can give me a hint.........
Are you referencing the Radeon Boost SSDT? I believe that's unchanged from @CaseySJ. I did have to keep WEG for both monitors to work. You're just using one monitor. Have you double checked your BIOS settings. I've had issues with CSM in the past, so I have left it disabled.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
@CaseySJ

I have one question you might have an answer.
After following your instruction(Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer),
The hackintool implys there is an error(?) with the power setting. 'hibernationmode=3' and 'proximitywake=1' to be specific. Do I have to or better to change these settings to 'hibernationmode=0' and 'proximitywake=0' as Hackintool suggests?

Attachments

• sc.png
    sc.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 35
Motherboard
GA Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Are you referencing the Radeon Boost SSDT? I believe that's unchanged from @CaseySJ. I did have to keep WEG for both monitors to work. You're just using one monitor. Have you double checked your BIOS settings. I've had issues with CSM in the past, so I have left it disabled.

I'm pure uefi. When I use 2 monitors (DP+HDMI) my mouse has little freezes. I also use WEG. Without, it's a mess: just 1 DP work, etc. I wonder if it's another way (no ssdt) to inject Radeon proprieties. Without SSDT in Geekchmark 5 I have 5000 less on OpenCL and metal and in 4, less 20000 OpenCL.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
HD 630HD + Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
I'm pure uefi. When I use 2 monitors (DP+HDMI) my mouse has little freezes. I also use WEG. Without, it's a mess: just 1 DP work, etc. I wonder if it's another way (no ssdt) to inject Radeon proprieties. Without SSDT in Geekchmark 5 I have 5000 less on OpenCL and metal and in 4, less 20000 OpenCL.
Did you try running entire folder as is, after copying in serials, etc.?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks, I did see that in the tested area. I am looking forward to the simplicity of the Designare compared to the present board plus I can sell the TB AIC and the Gaming 5 board :) I plan on continuing to use the i7 8700k since I do not need the extra bang of the 9900k CPU. Any advice on this?
The i7-8700K is a very capable CPU. Should work very well in the Designare Z390 system.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi again! It's funny but our EFI is 99% the same. But, no matter what I do, if I insert SSDT (yours or CaseySJ's) I have freeze in full screen benchmark or game. Long freeze! CaseySJ maybe you can give me a hint.........
In difficult cases where nothing seems to work, I always suggest installing fresh copy of macOS on a spare SSD that can easily be mounted inside a USB 3.0 external enclosure. It takes about 1-2 hours to install, after which we can run benchmarks or games or anything else to see if they work properly on a clean system. If everything works well on the clean system, then we can actually convert the clean system into our main system like this:
  • Copy SMBIOS and RtVariables sections from old config.plist into new config.plist (don't just copy the entire old config.plist).
  • Reinstall apps manually on the new disk.
  • Manually copy your entire home folder to the new disk (if it will fit and if it's on the same disk as macOS).
    • My home folder is on a different physical disk, so I can always reinstall macOS and reinstall my apps, but then point the home folder to the other disk.
  • Then run the new system for a few days (don't delete the old system).
    • If everything checks out, backup the old system, then erase the old disk, and clone the new disk to the old disk.

Motherboard
GA Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did you try running entire folder as is, after copying in serials, etc.?

Yes, but it's the same. Must be some bios setting or hardware difference. What Radeon VII do you have? Mine it's XFX. Problems brand for Hackintosh. Maybe it's this.

Motherboard
Designare z390
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Not sure why I wanted to avoid that procedure, but I gave it a try - unfortunately, now the option for unlocking with Apple Watch has disappeared from settings. I also got several 2FA popups on my devices when signing back in to each (iPad, iPhone, computer)... and those codes that it gave were never needed, only the first one. Super weird. Another visual bug occurred when going into settings: View attachment 465921
I subsequently tried removing the Hackintosh from 'my devices' and signing back in, but that didn't change anything. I guess I'll try re-pairing my apple watch to see if that brings it back. But if any of these bugs sound familiar to anybody, please do share.

An update: completely un-paired and re-paired my watch, that got it back to the same old behavior. Unlock works great if I interrupt full sleep, but not upon wakeup. The login screen is clearly waiting on the watch (or something) because it takes a couple seconds for the password box to appear. I also tried switching from 5GHz to 2.4GHz wifi, but no change there. Idk, @CaseySJ I feel like it must be a problem with how the machine is waking up.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ

I have one question you might have an answer.
After following your instruction(Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer),
The hackintool implys there is an error(?) with the power setting. 'hibernationmode=3' and 'proximitywake=1' to be specific. Do I have to or better to change these settings to 'hibernationmode=0' and 'proximitywake=0' as Hackintool suggests?
I haven't set them to 0 myself, but only because my situation (location of the computer and who has access to it) does not require either of them to be disabled.

If you're experiencing unexpected wakes from sleep particularly over long sleep periods then it's a good idea to disable them both, but do so as follows (taken from Sleep Aids guide):

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 3.12.36 PM.png

Last edited: