i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's unusual -- but good. In that case there's nothing to do, but if one-key-wake breaks in the future, this might restore it. If you read Osy86's technical description -- which is quite impressive -- you'll see that real Macs use the technique he described and implemented.

P.S. Please un-quote the micro-guide.

Thanks. Will leave as is for now!

Apologies, noob mistake. Will edit post now

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8086 Delidded
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So it's more complicated to move FCPX to a new machine than I thought. We cannot just re-download FCPX from App Store onto a new machine?
It depends on your licensing details/constraints..For example I had a fully working Windows 10 pro which was activated at my ma's house. My Nephew used it mostly. He moved it to his Ma's place and is getting an activation alert and bogs of certain features etc..This is easier as they'll ask for a Product key and see that it was indeed activated. It must be the change of IP which triggers a new system alert.
With my situation, I'm a bit stuck bc they'll most likely ask for my Imac Serial #. . I cannot tell them it's a hackintosh( No support obviously)

I can say i had a malfunction and cant run my apps. If I'm lucky with some info in EFI> Symbios etc.. they might allow a reinstall on their end OR give me new activation codes.

I'll keep this predicament updated for sure. I think with my charm and the right agent, we can make it work lol

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's unusual -- but good. In that case there's nothing to do, but if one-key-wake breaks in the future, this might restore it. If you read Osy86's technical description -- which is quite impressive -- you'll see that real Macs use the technique he described and implemented.

P.S. Please un-quote the micro-guide.
Also have no sleep issues at present, using no darkwake flags, but also have power nap and wake for network disabled in energy saver. It does take a few seconds to reconnect bluetooth however so doesn't instantly unlock from my Apple Watch. What I would be interested in however if this SSDT correctly reconnects / keeps thunderbolt devices connected through a sleep / wake cycle without needing to unplug and re /plug the cable? Anyone on a patched AIC tried it yet?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It depends on your licensing details/constraints..For example I had a fully working Windows 10 pro which was activated at my ma's house. My Nephew used it mostly. He moved it to his Ma's place and is getting an activation alert and bogs of certain features etc..This is easier as they'll ask for a Product key and see that it was indeed activated. It must be the change of IP which triggers a new system alert.
With my situation, I'm a bit stuck bc they'll most likely ask for my Imac Serial #. . I cannot tell them it's a hackintosh( No support obviously)

I can say i had a malfunction and cant run my apps. If I'm lucky with some info in EFI> Symbios etc.. they might allow a reinstall on their end OR give me new activation codes.

I'll keep this predicament updated for sure. I think with my charm and the right agent, we can make it work lol
You may also try using the same serial number, board serial number, and System UUID (all three of these) as before -- even if you change SMBIOS name to iMac19,1.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is there paticular reason to drop MATS and DMAR tables?
Dropping these tables provides an extra level of safety, like a redundant check. Namely:
  • Dropping DMAR guards against kernel panics from accidentally keeping Vt-d enabled. Some users however have noted that the system boots up fine with Vt-d.
  • Dropping MATS guards against kernel panics from the possible presence of unprintable characters in the table header. We also enable FixHeaders in Clover Configurator to guard against the same issue.

Motherboard
Auros Pro
CPU
i5 9600K
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Dropping these tables provides an extra level of safety, like a redundant check. Namely:
  • Dropping DMAR guards against kernel panics from accidentally keeping Vt-d enabled. Some users however have noted that the system boots up fine with Vt-d.
  • Dropping MATS guards against kernel panics from the possible presence of unprintable characters in the table header. We also enable FixHeaders in Clover Configurator to guard against the same issue.
So its better to have than not? And with MATS you either drop MATS or check FixHeaders in Clover Configurator?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
** Micro-Guide: Significantly Speed Up Intel UHD630 iGPU **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link instead.​
Is this for Catalina only? Just tried this on my machine with latest Mojave, and it resulted in a very slow boot, and on reaching desktop the iGPU seemed completely disabled. HWMonitorSMC2 only showed my RX580 instead of both, and checking encoding settings in VideoProc just said 'unavailable'. With boot flag removed startup is usual time, I now have iGPU back, and encoding in VideoProc.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So its better to have than not? And with MATS you either drop MATS or check FixHeaders in Clover Configurator?
  • When we upgrade BIOS or perform CMOS Reset, we might forget to disable Vt-d. So dropping DMAR guards against that.
  • When we upgrade BIOS we might run into a MATS table with unprintable characters, so dropping MATS or enabling FixHeaders guards against that. It's up to you if you want to have only one and not the other.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  • Was MSR 0xE2 unlocked before? If may have gotten re-locked after CMOS Reset.
  • Because you're on Mojave, which memory UEFI driver are you using?

Right. That was it. Thanks! If I load a different BIOS configuration, msr gets locked again. Is that true for all BIOS versions?
I'm still on F6.
BTW, USB is still unable to deliver high power. Irritating.