Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
@CaseySJ Hello again Mate, Thank you for all what you've done.

Everything is running smooth on my Hackintosh.
However, I don't know If you can remember this problem ;

To sum up ; the Computer, does a Boot Cycle (3 switch on and 2 shutdown) before logging into the Mac (or the Windows) each time I shut it down. It still happens even if the Power keeps flowing through (I don't switch off the adapter or something like that). This problem is present since the beginning (even before I installed Mac or Windows).

I've read that It can be Due to XMP profile ?
Which settings should I Apply into the Bios to make a test ?Reduce the Memory Speed ?

(I'm using this setup :
CPu : I9900K
Gpu : Sapphire Nitro RT5700X 8G
Ram: DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sports 64 GO 3000Mhz-Cas 15
Power : Corsair 750 RMx
Fenvi T919
Samsung Pro 970 SSD
Sabrent 1TB SSD)

Thank you.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys,
I would like to update catalina and the kexts.

Indeed, i have a problem with sound when i watch a video. There is some sizzling, and after 10 seconds, the sound stops and come back with sizzling, It happens on youtube or VLC, quicktime… Besides, it goes out of sync with video (on youtube)
I use headphones with jack plug.

This problem doesn't appear on windows, which is installed on other hard drive (same computer)

Information about my computer:
- I9900k (CPU)
- Z390 Designare
- RX 5700 XT Nitro Saphire - 8GB (GPU)
- 64 GB DDR4 -  Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Case 15 - 3000 Mhz
- Samsung Pro 970 - 512 GO
- Sabrent - 1TB
- Fenvi T919

operating system version : Catalina 10.15.3
Clover revision : 5114
I use OcQuirks.efi - FwRuntime.efi - OcQuirks.plist

For the installation, i follow the "mini guide for Fresh installation of catalina 10.15.1 and newer" with ocquirks-rev-15 file.

It s what clover offers me to update; Must i have to update them all ?
View attachment 465062

View attachment 465065
View attachment 465064
Other :
View attachment 465063

Do i need to update UEFI and BIOS folder ?
How can i have the last others/Kext version and how can i update them?

Thank you very much
Audio stuttering and lip-sync issues probably won't be fixed with new versions of the kexts, but you may try installing them anyway. Simply download the RELEASE zip files from here:
Then copy only the xxx.kext file to CLOVER/kexts/Other and reboot.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello everybody...
Need some help over here.
After trying the kext for vega and not getting big differences I returned to the original configuration, with no extra kext and aml file. After start getting messages of HD not properly ejected...Tried to run the kext utility and now can not boot it. Using a Backup I could run but on limited way (BT is not working as before), so before trying to start from scratch again any ideas??
Hello @Malenca,
  • Are you on Mojave?
  • If so, you installed RadeonBoost kext to /Library/Extensions and ran Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache?
  • Then you removed RadeonBoost from /Library/Extensions and once again ran Kext Utility?
  • Can you explain "HD not properly ejected"?
    • Which HD was not properly ejected?
  • When you reboot using the internal Mojave SSD, what error appears on screen when you enable Verbose mode (add -v to Boot Arguments)?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
@CaseySJ Hello again Mate, Thank you for all what you've done.

Everything is running smooth on my Hackintosh.
However, I don't know If you can remember this problem ;

To sum up ; the Computer, does a Boot Cycle (3 switch on and 2 shutdown) before logging into the Mac (or the Windows) each time I shut it down. It still happens even if the Power keeps flowing through (I don't switch off the adapter or something like that). This problem is present since the beginning (even before I installed Mac or Windows).

I've read that It can be Due to XMP profile ?
Which settings should I Apply into the Bios to make a test ?Reduce the Memory Speed ?

(I'm using this setup :
CPu : I9900K
Gpu : Sapphire Nitro RT5700X 8G
Ram: DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sports 64 GO 3000Mhz-Cas 15
Power : Corsair 750 RMx
Fenvi T919
Samsung Pro 970 SSD
Sabrent 1TB SSD)

Thank you.
It sounds like a hardware or assembly issue. Because it affects Windows as well, it's probably best to log a support ticket with Gigabyte Tech Support. The boot cycle that you described (3 on, 2 off) might be something that Gigabyte technicians already know how to diagnose and fix.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
@CaseySJ

I'm wondering if there is a way of disable the serial port?

I'm using a external usb dac, it has some problems, like pause/pop when playing some music files.

and after few days of searching, some people say that disable the serial port might be the solution.

BTW, I have a fully working customized usb ports, with the customize and without, the problems exists, so it's not the usb customize problem. I want to try if disable the serial port helps, but the latest bios don't have this option.

so How can i disable the serial port? I'm using opencore 0.5.7

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
@CaseySJ

I'm wondering if there is a way of disable the serial port?

I'm using a external usb dac, it has some problems, like pause/pop when playing some music files.

and after few days of searching, some people say that disable the serial port might be the solution.

BTW, I have a fully working customized usb ports, with the customize and without, the problems exists, so it's not the usb customize problem. I want to try if disable the serial port helps, but the latest bios don't have this option.

so How can i disable the serial port? I'm using opencore 0.5.7
The Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master does not have RS232 serial ports.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have both aorus master and designare, the have _SB.PCI0.LBCP.UAR1 device exists in IORegistry

so don't understand this, if no serial port, and UAR1 is the serial port driver?
The Designare Z390 has PCI0.UA01, UA02, etc. but these are enclosed in ACPI conditional statements that evaluate to false, hence these devices don't appear in IOReg.

Can you post a screenshot of your IOReg?

The main point, however, is this: If there's no RS232 port on the rear IO panel, then the motherboard does not have serial ports.