- Nov 11, 2018
- Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
- RX 580
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Thanks for removing the big file! Much appreciated.Yes to bullet point #2
Bullet point 3.5 - Final cut pro, Motion, Logic, Compressor and a couple more from the Apple package.
You highly recommend for an abundance of reasons, very well then.
Please forgive my ignorance but is there a re-licensing fee or just a request and re-install ?
Is there any reason to leave the boot test USB in during the final steps?
The very nice thing about apps purchased from the Mac App Store is that they do not need to re-licensed! We only have to download them again from the App Store.
So I think the best long-term option is:
- Follow the Catalina 10.15.4 fresh installation guideon an empty NVMe SSD.
- We shouldn't delete the existing Mojave SSD so a new or empty NVMe SSD should be used.
- This will give you the best reliability.
- It will also let you retire the old iMac14,2 SMBIOS and cleanly switch to the new iMac19,1 SMBIOS.
- It should also be a relatively smooth experience. I think we are seeing too many problems with the current approach of migrating from 10.14.3 to 10.15.4. So it should be a smooth experience to install Catalina 10.15.4 directly on a new or empty NVMe SSD.
- However, you will need to download the full Catalina 10.15.4 install package (8.6 GB).