Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ

When trying to copy, then rename, there was already another config.plist already present and thus did not allow me to rename. Did this occur being that I needed to copy and rename with a plist editor ?

Can't you just rename or delete the old version and then copy the new one and rename it?

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I came across this a few days ago but it looked like its creator had removed Vega support because it brought back the fan issue, do you know if this was resolved? or do we have to load some kind of PP fan control using VGTab?

He also has a thread going on MacRumors, here. Now at V1.4.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8086 Delidded
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can't you just rename or delete the old version and then copy the new one and rename it?

I'll certainly try it. I was just skeptical in doing so, as I didn't want any catastrophic repercussions in attempting to do this. I've done this plenty of times in Windows but not while building a major system upgrade/mac osx update.

Thanks Ploddles

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'll certainly try it. I was just skeptical in doing so, as I didn't want any catastrophic repercussions in attempting to do this. I've done this plenty of times in Windows but not while building a major system upgrade/mac osx update.

Thanks Ploddles

Just rename the current config.plist something else but ending in .plist, eg oldconfig.plist.
If the new config.plist gives you problems then you can boot with oldconfig.plist from the Clover menu to get back to where you were.

Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@NCMacGuy--have you tested your Apple Thunderbolt monitor connected to your Designare with flashed Titan Ridge chip? if so, does wake from system sleep work? if I hold my mouth just right, I can get the TB monitor working with my flashed AR card, but the monitor won't wake from system sleep.
thanks

@faithie999

When I was trying out the Apple TB Display with the Designare, and a Titan Ridge AIC on my Z390 Aorus Pro, I was primarily checking whether the display would work, and what happened on shutdowns and reboots. At that time I don't think I tried sleep. I haven't used the Apple TB Display since, since I don't need two displays and I don't have the desk space.

I just hooked the Apple display up to the TB3 port on the Designare to check what happens on putting the system to sleep. Well it only sleeps for about 2 seconds, then wakes itself up. When it wakes up both monitors are active.

If I were going to use this dual display setup I would have to dig in to resolve the no-sleep issue. (Something is not set properly because if the computer is off and I plug something in the back, it starts up!) Short of solving that issue I could either just leave the displays on with a screensaver, or shut the system down, since booting is so fast. On rebooting both displays are active.

I tried the Apple display plugged into the GC-Titan Ridge AIC in my Z390 Aorus Pro. On boot both displays were active. I could put this hack to normal sleep. On wakeup both displays were active. I did several sleep - wakeup cycles and both displays were always active.

In both hacks I'm using RX-580 graphic cards, if that makes any difference.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ

Not sure where you got V1.3 from (I haven't gone through the 100 pages of the linked thread) but there is an updated version, 1.4, on MacRumors, here.
References added to the bottom of the Micro Guide.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I came across this a few days ago but it looked like its creator had removed Vega support because it brought back the fan issue, do you know if this was resolved? or do we have to load some kind of PP fan control using VGTab?
Vega frame buffer properties are back inside the kext. And PowerPlay tables were added by @rj510 to the SSDTs:
Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 4.11.48 PM.png

@rj510 : Can you answer the question about Vega support in RadeonBoost kext? The Info.plist does not seem to support Vega.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
2x RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ive got the kexts in the clover folder and my extensions folder is clean.
got my cable hookd Up! it works in clover when booting, but when I reach the os, it goes bye-bye.
are there any usb enabling differences between your Mojave and Catalina guides? I cant seem to see any.
@CaseySJ Figured it out, sorry for the bother. For some reason the latest version of usbinjectall.kext didn't work for me on 10.14.6, so I rolled back to version 0.7.3 and all the USB ports started working, and then of course, so did the bluetooth on the FUSB header. Took me a while to figure out out the USB wasn't working as I was looking for bluetooth related clues. Party.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590 Vision D
CPU
i9-11900K
Graphics
GT 710
** Micro-Guide: Radeon Speed Boost **
for Vega 56/64, Radeon VII, RX 5500/XT, RX 5700/XT
Please do not quote this micro-guide in its entirely. Post a link instead.​

I take it there are not going to be any powerplay table enhancements made for RX580. The post about the kext says RX570-590 are supported alongside WEG, so I used it.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8086 Delidded
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just rename the current config.plist something else but ending in .plist, eg oldconfig.plist.
If the new config.plist gives you problems then you can boot with oldconfig.plist from the Clover menu to get back to where you were.
So I finished the rest and tried booting via: F12>UEFI partition Corsair USB drive BUT then when it pre-selects my SSD it shows the "White" Do Not enter- Boot error sign
Macs booting error.png

Could this be possibly from Not deleting drivers etc in Number #10 of the Micro guide: Mojave to Catalina?