Graphics
Vega 64 | R9 270X
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
This might be a really stupid question....

I have a bootable backup BTW

I tested a bunch of settings using SMBIOS and changed things in RTvariables as well as boot settings on my main drive- looking for that perfect editing supercomputer with amazing render speeds and stability balance....

After all my testing, shikiva/agpmod etc etc my original settings are still better.

How would I wipe the system drive and clone the backup back onto the main drive?
Is it as simple as a reverse clone on CCC?

Thank you

EDIT:
Oh wait DUH!!
Copy config.plist from backup to main and
Voilà!!

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G
CPU
i9-10900X
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@faithie999 @Elias64Fr Firstly, thanks for putting together the custom firmware for the NUC8i3BEH. And major thanks for @CaseySJ too! Can one of you tell me where the ROM chip is on the NUC8i3BEH? I have the same model and I'm planning on flashing it with the custom firmware @CaseySJ has attached in post #16395. Attaching the mainboard images below. Help is appreciated! Thanks :)

View attachment 464547
View attachment 464549
Definitely not on the top side, it must be below. Try taking a picture of this two from the side with phone to see if any is a "winbond" chip.
nuc8i3beh_fan.jpg

If non is, you will have to lift cooler, look for some inscriptions near the smd chip "THU" or "THU3", that might tell which one is it.

EDIT: You are looking for a chip like the top one in terms of size and form factor, could be near the TB3 port.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
** Update **

It's all working 100% now -- even Continuity Camera is back! What did I do?
  • Shutdown iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch
  • Restart iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch
  • Log out of iCloud on iPad
    • When iOS asked if I wanted to delete local copies of various items I said yes
    • Everything was on iCloud anyway
  • Log out of iCloud on iPhone
    • When iOS asked if I wanted to delete local copies of various items I said yes
  • Log back into iCloud on iPad
  • Log back into iCloud on iPhone
Then on Hackintosh:
  • Logout of iCloud
    • When macOS asked if I wanted to delete local copies of various items I said yes
  • Reboot
  • Log back into iCloud
  • Then shutdown, remove power plug, wait full 5 minutes.
    • You may not need to wait so long... I was just doing other things...
  • Reconnect and power up.

Wow, this actually worked for me! I was a little bit afraid this wouldn't work, but everything now works.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ELITE ATX
CPU
Intel Intel Corei5 – 9600 K
Graphics
SAPPHIRE RADEON RX 5700 XT
Hi @CaseySJ ,

Regarding ** Micro-Guide: Unlocking MSR 0xE2 on Gigabyte Designare Z390 **,
I plan to try this guide but I wanted to ask first if I can use it on my motherboard which I flashed to the latest bios F10c.
Can I unlock my motherboard(z390 Aorus Elite) using the file you attached?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It seems that now I'm getting random freezes but without Kernel Panics. I changed my XFX RX580 with a Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 two days ago because I wanted to make sure that the video card is out of the way. Random freezes started today but without any special modification to the system. More specific, they started when I left te unit to idle for 30 minutes and when I came back and logged in back the system just froze. Since then it froze 3 times, randomly.. I updated the kexts (Lilu, WG, VirtualSMC and AppleALC but it is the same)..
Some questions/suggestions:
  • What is the make/model of your monitor(s)?
  • Are they connected via DP or HDMI?
  • Is there a small toggle switch on the Sapphire Nitro+ that flips between quiet and OC (over-clock) mode? If so, have you tried both modes?
  • Which version of Clover are you using? Pressing "A" for About at the Clover Boot Menu will display the version.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Just wanted to say thank you for creating and maintaining these guides. They are amazingly understandable, useful, and thorough.

I used the Clover guide a few months ago to build a system at my office. And this week I built virtually the same system for working-from-home using the OC guide. Everything's working like a dream, including the new RadeonBoost.kext that people have been discussing this week.

Thanks so much.
Awesome -- glad to hear it!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Gigabyte Z490 Vision-D is indeed the next 'Designare'.
For appearance's sake, there's not much of a difference and has only one DP-in port.
Upon closer inspection it seems:
  • Only one DP-In port as you stated.
  • Two internal USB 2.0 headers: F_USB1 and F_USB2.
  • Support for 5V addressable RGB. Looks like two ARGB headers.
  • Though unseen, there's probably an Intel CNVi slot with Intel AX200/AX201 module (WiFi 6).

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ! I'm on Catalina 10.15.4 with a RX590 (fresh setup a few weeks ago following the mini-guide) and just ordered a Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro+SE for upgrading, do I need to use agdpmod=pikera setting with the new card for Clover in 10.15.4? And another question: Is it "safe" to update Clover from 5107 to the new 5114? Thanks in advance!
Hello @6rollo6,

With the RX 590 it's not necessary to use agdpmod=pikera (which changes "board-id" to "board-ix"). Clover 5114 is safe to use. I've already switched to it.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is this a new firmware for GC-Titan or is this a firmware from different Titan?
This is the latest official firmware from Gigabyte for the GC-Titan Ridge. But it may not perform any better than modified NVM 23 or 43.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Anyone having problems accessing the site today? I'm having to VPN in to access it. Charter/Spectrum is ISP.
@c0c0p0ps
Sometimes an IP address can get mistakenly blocked by the forum software. It's best to contact @adamsmasher when this happens. Send him your IP that is blocked and an explanation of what happened.