Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @CaseySJ,

That's what I tried:
- booting without anything attached. TB tree shows up
- hotplugging the Razor Core X. No effect
- reboot while still connected. TB tree shows up but no device connected
- unplug and replug. No change

FYI: System profiler shows a link status of 0x7 instead of 0x1 for the port that has a device connected to it
Take SS of your IO Reg with the SSDT and one without the SSDT.

The behavior your explaining is the same behavior I get when I put the alpine ridge in the Second PCI-e 16x slot. Both the Titian Ridge and Alpine Ridge only work when they are in the PCI-e 16x slot running at x4 the bottom one. However, I notice that you do not have that slot on your board instead you have two regular old PCI slots rather than a PCI-E x4. While your board is listed as supported it does not look like you meet this requirement (Support by PCH PCIe x4 slot only). Maybe it has something to do with this since the slot you are likely using it is not PCH.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-H170-HD3
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Take SS of your IO Reg with the SSDT and one without the SSDT.

The behavior your explaining is the same behavior I get when I put the alpine ridge in the Second PCI-e 16x slot. Both the Titian Ridge and Alpine Ridge only work when they are in the PCI-e 16x slot running at x4 the bottom one. However, I notice that you do not have that slot on your board instead you have two regular old PCI slots rather than a PCI-E x4. While your board is listed as supported it does not look like you meet this requirement (Support by PCH PCIe x4 slot only). Maybe it has something to do with this since the slot you are likely using it is not PCH.
I attached some screenshots. Strange that there are no attributes on Port5...
Thunderbolt 3 + USB-C was working with the original Firmware on Windows - devices don't show up there anymore after flashing the V3 firmware.

Additional note: Behavior seems to be the same - no matter if I use the TB-Header or Jumper cable. The mainboard manual mentions that the Thunderbolt card needs to be installed in the X4 slot (second physical X16 slot) right next to the TB-Header socket.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I attached some screenshots. Strange that there are no attributes on Port5...
Thunderbolt 3 + USB-C was working with the original Firmware on Windows - devices don't show up there anymore after flashing the V3 firmware.

Additional note: Behavior seems to be the same - no matter if I use the TB-Header or Jumper cable. The mainboard manual mentions that the Thunderbolt card needs to be installed in the X4 slot (second physical X16 slot) right next to the TB-Header socket.
Yea, after flashing it will not work in Windows. I assumed the second one was x8 not x4.

@CaseySJ has anyone confirmed they have a working CG-Alpine Ridge rev1? Mine is rev2!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yesterday I tried to use the alternative Bluetooth kexts from "zxystd" according to the Micro Guide in post #18992.
I copied the two kexte (IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and IntelBluetoothInjector.kext) to clover/kexts/other.
The new SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V8.aml replaced by the V7.aml (in clover/acpi/patched).
The following boot arguments have to be added, as described in the Micro Guide:
uia_exclude=HS11
or uia_exclude=HS12
Try which argument you need! Without the hyphen sign"-" at the beginning! Otherwise the boot argument does not work.
I omitted the uia_include=HS14 boot argument because the V8.aml already inserts the HS=14.

My experience: Everything MacOS specific worked, handsoff, continuity, airdrop from my iPhone, sleep/wake etc.
When I started my hack today, he no longer found the Intel Bluetooth module in the system settings.
I suspect it is due to an issue that is mentioned and described on the github page or post #19096 (from CODYQX4)
For more information about this issue, please see the relevant page at https://github.com/zxystd/IntelBluetoothFirmware

Now I have returned to the original build, but have kept the V8.aml. I also left the Intel Bluetooth kexts in the directory clover/kexts/other, because they don´t interfere. I changed the boot arguments as follows:
uia_exclude=HS14;HS12
Removed uia_exclude=HS11 boot argument

Now the Broadcom Bluetooth connection (from my Fenvi FV T-919) is used again.
I left the V8.aml file in clover/acpi/patched so that I can test new advances in Intel Bluetooth kexts development from zxystd in the future.

Finally, I have a question @CaseySJ:
What is the file SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml used for again?
Can the NO-CNVW.aml file be removed if the Intel Bluetooth kexts from zxystd are successful?
Sorry for the question, but I'm a newbie in hackintoshing. I can't remember an answer under your post #1.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Attached are the screenshots. Thanks!
In the first screenshot where you see Package (0x1E), change it to Package (0x20). Because we're adding two more blocks into the package, we increase the package count by 2. So 0x1E + 0x02 = 0x20.

It's also possible to omit the number in parentheses, in which case the compiler will inject the correct package count. For example: Package ()

Last edited:
Motherboard
AsRock z370 itx/ac
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@scottkendall, have you tried the minimal 3 patch approach on the active partition of the Rev1?

2727->3737 at offset 0x35 (decimal 53)
A0 -> 20 at offset 0x81 (decimal 129)
FFFFFFFF -> 8680D315 (or whatever your controller device-id is, byte reversed) at offset 0xBA0 (decimal 2976)

It has worked on all the Alpine Ridge firmware I've tried so far (Intel Hades Canyon15d3 and Asrock Z370 itx/ac 15c0)

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Came across this thread and it jumped my Geekbench graphics scores significantly on my 5700xt. Take a look at this this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/amd-radeon-navi-gpu.264399/post-2103382

Here are my benchmarks before and after installing the supplied SSDT and removing WhateverGreen.kext. iGPU is disabled as well:

View attachment 464113View attachment 464114
I don't have a 5700Xt - I have the RX580 8Gb - a Saphire Pulse model - I read through that thread, wasnt exactly sure what to do to correctly use what they were talking about.
There is an SSDT in there for the 580s, 5700xts, and the Vegas. Essentially what they are saying to do is to install the SSDT, disable the iGPU, and remove WhateverGreen (though some people are leaving WhateverGreen in and enabling the iGPU as well on SMBIOS 19,1). The speed difference is remarkable for my video card, and my Final Cut runs pretty well too!
Can you also make one for the Sapphire RX570 4GB? And does this differ from the one in the start-post?
@CMMChris has a kernel extension (kext) that injects extra framebuffer properties into RadeonFramebuffer. The kext is located here and can be copied to CLOVER/kexts/Other.

@jaymonkey reports that performance in productivity apps (video editing) has not changed significantly. The improvements are task-specific.

Nevertheless it would be quite interesting to post before/after experiences here, particularly with actual rendering speeds instead of synthetic benchmarks.

The kext currently supports:
  • Radeon VII
  • RX 5700 series
  • Vega 56 and 64
  • Vega Frontier
  • RX 580 and 590

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello MY fellow colleagues. Ladies and Gents of course,

I have some time lately with COVID-19 and have put together what I hope will be a robust FCPX and Davinci resolve studio.
I have previously installed a fully working system about 2 years ago : Z370 gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Mb, with i7 8700k,
32 gb of Crucial Ballistic Sport: 2x16gb @ 2166Mhz and a Sapphire rx580 8 gig Nitro.

I am venturing now with my Gigabyte Z390 Designare with i7 8086k delidded processor, 32 gb of the same ram- crucial 32 gb. I'm using the Sapphire Radeon VII for graphics and video editing/effects.

I'm able to boot into mac using my old SSD BUT of course it wants to update to Catalina.
I read a few posts here, many from @Pastry Chef, Casey SJ, Macak and a few other Mac geniuses.
My understanding is save the older necessary kexts from older Gaming 7 Aorus system and add newer kekts to make the designare run optimally.

Does someone have any additional tips and points to get me going. I've been reading some of this long winded thread and the other is : Radeon Vega VII.

I don't expect any EFI files unless this is gladly shared by modders who think their builds are pretty reliable. Otherwise I'd definitely appreciate links to everything I need to get started.

Better yet, I'm sure quite a few have went through my transition of Gaming 7 to Z390 designare. It boots just fine and I dont want to update if it puts me in a corner. This is why I'm sure I have to add some new kekts with clover~Plist before I update. The whole system works perfectly with windows 10 pro,64 bit btw.

I'm assuming I'll need a new system definition, Tb kekts, different Audio, kekts for Vega VII; or is this OTB as well as my old rx580 gig ? ...

Thanks in advance Gentlemen.
Hello @karambit,

Some questions and comments:
  • Are you currently running Mojave 10.14.6 on your Z370 AORUS Gaming 7?
  • Do you want to move the macOS SSD from the Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 to the Z390 Designare?
  • Have you already moved the macOS SSD from AORUS Gaming 7 to Designare? And you can boot Mojave?
  • Are you using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 with IGPU turned off?
If your goal is to optimize the Clover configuration for Designare Z390 then feel free to compress and upload your EFI folder. You may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section of config.plist.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8086 Delidded
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hey Casey :)

I just finished the 2 steps in the Micro users guide of switching to Mojave to Catalina.So far so good. I have to delete listed Kexts " if there are any" in Step3. I am currently running 10.14.3

Yes thats My goal, thank you and sorry about my Ignorance BUT I've never compressed and loaded/sent before. Do I import or export to an area/file type?