Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
I have Sidecar operate on my Zenbook laptop (SMBIOS set to MacBookPro15,1 that include T2 Chip) with my iPad Air 2 (iPad5,3). I only have to connect it with USB/lightning cable, for now, no wireless connection is possible.. on my case.
Connecting via USB does not work for me, unfortunately.

Does this mean you can enable Sidecar in System Preferences --> Sidecar, choose your iPad from the pop-up menu, but iPad screen stays black?
Exactly. Last time it worked was before I switched to iMacPro

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
Intel i9 9900K
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
This actually cleans up the EFI/CLOVER folder and config.plist. You can change the IGPU back to headless mode by following the Hackintool screenshots here:
I'll leave it as it is ff it doesn't affect the performance for rendering.

Thank you for your help!

Motherboard
GA-H170-HD3
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
*** Repository of Patched Thunderbolt Firmware Files ***
Please do not quote this post in its entirety. Post a link instead.​
Hi @CaseySJ and others
thanks for your hard work regarding Thunderbolt 3!

I have a Gigabyte GC Alpine Ridge PCIe card (REV 1.0) and tried to get it working using the patched firmware today but the card doesn't work at all - with either V1 or V2.

IOreg doesn't show anything anymore. System profiler status is "no hardware found".

Mainboard: GA-H170-HD3, Cable between card and Mainboard is connected.
Thunderbolt devices: Razor Core X

Any ideas? I attached a backup of the original firmware in case it helps to sort things out.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi CaseySJ, I need to activate sidecar by USB-C, any idea?
Regards

Attachments

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I tried to realign the antennas, and indeed it worked. I could connect again. But right now with a wrong country code which is set to X3 or so. And after reboot, I cant connect again. So strange...Not many 2.4GHz SSID's around. I tried as well in Windows, the same issue there as well, no 2.4GHz connection only 5GHz...mmmh...So is probably my T919 broken? Or could that be really a network interfering issue?
If it behaves the same way in Windows then it could be an interference issue. Have you tried connecting the antenna that comes in Designare box? Just connect it to the middle two antenna ports on the Fenvi.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Connecting via USB does not work for me, unfortunately.

Exactly. Last time it worked was before I switched to iMacPro
Temporarily switch back to iMac19,1 just to make sure Sidecar works correctly. If so, you might have to make a priority call between the faster rendering speed with iMacPro1,1 or the wider compatibility with iMac19,1.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
How can we solve this situation
If you are doing a fresh installation of 10.15.4 or upgrading to 10.15.4, please follow the appropriate Mini-Guide from the top of Post #1.

If you are updating from older version of Catalina to the latest 10.15.4, please follow this procedure.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @CaseySJ and others
thanks for your hard work regarding Thunderbolt 3!

I have a Gigabyte GC Alpine Ridge PCIe card (REV 1.0) and tried to get it working using the patched firmware today but the card doesn't work at all - with either V1 or V2.

IOreg doesn't show anything anymore. System profiler status is "no hardware found".

Mainboard: GA-H170-HD3, Cable between card and Mainboard is connected.
Thunderbolt devices: Razor Core X

Any ideas? I attached a backup of the original firmware in case it helps to sort things out.
Hello @noname0,

As a fan of the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, I like your username -- The Man with No Name. :)

First let's check the obvious:
  • Are Thunderbolt parameters setup correctly in BIOS? Feel free to post screenshots of those settings as follows:
    • Insert a FAT32 USB flash disk
    • Press F12 (Print Screen) to capture screenshots in BIOS
    • Screenshots will be saved in the old .BMP format, so convert them to JPEG or PNG before posting
  • Have you adapted the SSDT appropriately for your motherboard? If unsure how to do this:
    • Run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As... and post the saved file.