Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Having updated to 10.15.4, I am having problems in Davinci resolve when setting up a new database. I get this error:
Failed to create database because the directory does not allow read and/or write access. Please change the permissions or choose a different directory.
Have checked permissions on the drive and nothing has changed.

It could be since I updated to the the latest version of Davinci. Not sure.
Did you update an existing installation or starting anew from scratch? It doesn't make sense that DR should feel the need to create a database...

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Did you update an existing installation or starting anew from scratch? It doesn't make sense that DR should feel the need to create a database...
Updated an existing installation.
I already have a database for Davinci on the drive. I wanted to add another.
I can create a new project within the existing database; the drive is on an internal SSD.
Any ideas anyone? I could uninstall then reinstall the software.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare-F9b
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
@CaseySJ I just tried the 0.5.7 Microguide on my current machine, it didn't boot!
It hangs on Apple logo. All I did was change the Platform info as requested. I reverted back to my own 0.5.7 EFI.

Could be because macOS is already installed with a different config?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare-F9b
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
@CaseySJ, I'm attaching my working EFI if you want to take a look. Regarding my last comment.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Putting my PC out of headless mode allowed me to use my LG UltraFine 5K 2019 with iGPU fully enabled.

However, it seems to have introduced a new issue. When my Hackintosh goes to sleep, and I wake it, I see the login screen for a moment and then the screen goes black.

I then have to hard power off and wait a bit, or turning it on will not have video. Upon booting, I get a error report that starts with this:
panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff8000a16487): "AppleHDAHDMI_DPDriver::setPowerState(0xffffff80f7f8c200 : 0xffffff7f82f896f8, 0 -> 1) timed out after 10176 ms"@/AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-6153.101.6/iokit/Kernel/IOServicePM.cpp:5296

Happens in both Clover and OpenCore, and I haven't had a sleep issue in months. Any ideas on what could be the cause? I would like to note that I have iGPU no longer headless (I don't know why I had to do this, as I can turn the iGPU off completely and get video, but it will not boot in headless) and I have the DP cable still going from the motherboard to the RX580, and I have a second RX580 installed with nothing hooked up to it.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ, I'm attaching my working EFI if you want to take a look. Regarding my last comment.
If the MSR 0xE2 register (CFG-LOCK) is locked, then the OpenCore 0.5.7 config.plist in the mini-guide will cause a boot failure. In your config.plist, I see the following differences, where those in red may be the reason your file is working. The differences in purple are being pointed out for the sake of completeness, but may not be consequential.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.44.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.44.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.45.40 PM.png

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Putting my PC out of headless mode allowed me to use my LG UltraFine 5K 2019 with iGPU fully enabled.

However, it seems to have introduced a new issue. When my Hackintosh goes to sleep, and I wake it, I see the login screen for a moment and then the screen goes black.

I then have to hard power off and wait a bit, or turning it on will not have video. Upon booting, I get a error report that starts with this:
panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff8000a16487): "AppleHDAHDMI_DPDriver::setPowerState(0xffffff80f7f8c200 : 0xffffff7f82f896f8, 0 -> 1) timed out after 10176 ms"@/AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-6153.101.6/iokit/Kernel/IOServicePM.cpp:5296

Happens in both Clover and OpenCore, and I haven't had a sleep issue in months. Any ideas on what could be the cause? I would like to note that I have iGPU no longer headless (I don't know why I had to do this, as I can turn the iGPU off completely and get video, but it will not boot in headless) and I have the DP cable still going from the motherboard to the RX580, and I have a second RX580 installed with nothing hooked up to it.
Is your little Winbond W25Q80DV still running the original Thunderbolt firmware? :)

@scottkendall, do you experience any issues with LG UltraFine 4K or 5K connected to a flashed GC-Titan Ridge when waking from sleep?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is your little Winbond W25Q80DV still running the original Thunderbolt firmware? :)

@scottkendall, do you experience any issues with LG UltraFine 4K or 5K connected to a flashed GC-Titan Ridge when waking from sleep?

Yes, I have not flashed the board nor do I have the equipment to. Maybe someday...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

I do not have an LG. I have two 4K Samsungs. I do have one connected with from the DisplayPort, and I have USB-C to HDMI. The HDMI gives me some issues but HDMI from the 2018 Mac Mini also did the same strange things. I also have no reason to use the TB3 Card to do this as I have plenty of ports on the GPU.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It may be a good idea to keep that patch intact for a few days and then observe the behavior without it. We recommend the attached SSDT instead of that patch. As mentioned in a previous reply, this can be copied to CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Thanks, so just to confirm next steps:

• Should I go into Clover Configurator and remove the whole entry associated with the 'Fix 300-series RTC bug', save the .plist file, reboot, then copy that attached SSDT into CLOVER/ACPI/patched and then reboot and keep an eye on sleep/logs?
  • Furthermore, I've just realised my PC has awoken from sleep with the same sort of reason codes as before (oddly enough, I don't have TimeMachine enabled and never have in the last 10 years of owning a Mac, so I'm not sure why that's coming up as a reason) - I've created a text file (it's small as I've scrubbed out the irrelevant times, it's only showing it from 03:00AM till now (03:45AM)), if you could take a quick look I'd really appreciate it.
  • Does this mean my PC will wake every night for an hour to do some tasks? And does yours do the same?
  • Lastly, do you have iCloud photos enabled, as I think this may be the cause of my wakes. I remember my previous hack had it enabled and it too would wake randomly, but once I de-selected the iCloud photos option, it never had random wake-ups again, but I'll wait to hear your better advice!
Thanks

Attachments

• Sleep-Log-14-04-2020.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: