Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Put version 20.1 of OcQuirks (from this page) into boot_disk_EFI:/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (this includes OcQuirks.plist, OCQuirks.efi and OpenRuntime.efi)

@mdog474

Thank you for contributing this workflow.
Can you please update the above section to include hyperlink for the OcQuirks files
and correct your destination for those files so it matches your pictures (which illustrate proper location)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Glad to hear it! Was it any particular setting in config.plist? Any lesson you'd like to share?

I don't know what it was exactly, but I guess my old EFI was polluted somehow. So, I decided to start building the EFI from scratch, using your tutorials and pre-made files.

Steps to go from an old pc to this new pc, using the same SSD which was already installed with Catalina 10.15.4 using Clover R5108.

1. Just to be sure the MSR 0xE2 was correctly configured, I took these steps (it was correct already but I thought it didn’t hurt anyhow):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2092710

2. Shutdown the PC and I took my SSD out and hooked it up using a SSD case, so that I could connect it via USB to my MacBook to configure from there.

3. Mount the EFI using Clover Configurator and deleted the EFI entirely from the SSD (so I didn’t erase the SSD, but only the EFI folder after mounting it).

4. Then from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2092711 I started at step 1, but instead of preparing a USB stick (bullet 1,2 and 3 which I didn’t needed…), I configured the SSD from my MacBook starting from bullet 4 until the end of step 1.

5. Unmounted EFI using Clover Configurator and placed my SSD in the new PC and booted.

6. After that I had a functional system and only needed to perform a log-out log-in in iCloud, and needed to map my USB ports (from the new PC itself), so I used an existing custom SSDT from your begin post under “Custom USB SSDTs” since I have the R6 case.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

I also ordered a 9-pin split cable, so that I can also install my Fenvi T919.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z390
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Vega Frontier
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Many current-generation flatscreen TVs provide instructions in the user manual for connecting to a PC or gaming console. Have you checked the TV's user manual? Another suggestion would be to pose this question in the Post-Installation --> Graphics forum.

Regarding the risk of upgrading from Mojave to Catalina, it can be attempted, but only after making and testing a full bootable backup of Mojave. The upgrade procedure must be followed carefully. With the bootable backup handy, one can always switch back immediately if the upgrade fails.

Thank you! I have not seen any special instructions regarding the TV hooked up to the computer. I will look into it further.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks! Did you already try the 10.15.4 Supplemental Update by the way? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-15-4-supplemental-update.295228/

Do you advice to wait or can we update?
Yes I updated 13 minutes ago! No problem. Takes a little while as usual.
Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 11.53.10 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z390
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Vega Frontier
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@CaseySJ Do you think upgrading my
to their latest versions will hurt my build (running 10.14.5). I'm just wondering if maybe something is going on with WEG and my third monitor.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Another reason I don't recommend OpenCore at this time. I will do so in the future, but not right now.

Another reason I don't recommend OpenCore at this time. If you followed the back-and-forth with @ncrispi you will see that we did not find a solution. For the past 3 months I have tried to avoid responding to any sleep/wake questions because, in the words of Steve Jobs, "it's just a bag of hurt". Instead, I posted this. I would suggest doing a fresh install with Clover per the Catalina 10.15.4 Mini-Guide and checking sleep/wake behavior.

Please refer to these two spoilers in Post #1 for all of the relevant links:

View attachment 459095

P.S. Are you a fan of vinyl? Love that old format. :)

Hi @CaseySJ - I am happy to report that I was able to fix the phantom wakeups by posting this in terminal:
sudo pmset -a tcpkeepalive 0

I am honestly not sure which process resulted in this issue, but after changing that, I have no more random wakeups.

I do have one other question though -- I just got speakers for my computer that I plugged into the Audio (green) on the motherboard. I do not get any sound out of these, even by using the AppleALC kext.. is there anything else that I have to do? (I do get sound out of the NZXT audio port on the front of the case though). I am on OpenCore 0.5.6 currently

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Do you think upgrading my
to their latest versions will hurt my build (running 10.14.5). I'm just wondering if maybe something is going on with WEG and my third monitor.
I am using those latest kexts in the OpenCore 0.5.7 mini-guide, and they work just fine. It might be better to make these changes to a USB flash disk and boot from that first, as follows:
  • Using Disk Utility, format a USB flash disk:
    • Format: MacOS Extended (Journaled)
    • Scheme: GIUD Partition Map <<--- very necessary
  • Then Mount EFI partition of the USB flash disk and the internal macOS SSD.
  • Copy the EFI from macOS SSD to the USB flash disk.
  • Now update those kexts on the USB flash disk.
  • Reboot.
  • Press F12 at BIOS splash screen and select the USB.
  • At Clover Boot Menu, choose the standard option to boot back into macOS.
If something fails, remove the USB flash disk and reboot from the internal macOS SSD.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ - I am happy to report that I was able to fix the phantom wakeups by posting this in terminal:
sudo pmset -a tcpkeepalive 0

I am honestly not sure which process resulted in this issue, but after changing that, I have no more random wakeups.
Good to know! I've added this to the general Sleep/Wake Troubleshooting Guide.
I do have one other question though -- I just got speakers for my computer that I plugged into the Audio (green) on the motherboard. I do not get any sound out of these, even by using the AppleALC kext.. is there anything else that I have to do? (I do get sound out of the NZXT audio port on the front of the case though)
Some suggestions:
  • Is AppleALC running? In Terminal type kextstat | grep -v apple and check for AppleALC.
  • Are the audio ports showing up in System Preferences --> Sound --> Output?
  • Are you using Layout ID 11 (0x0B)?
And the most obnoxious suggestion of all :) ...
  • Is the volume turned up?