Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Is there a way to hide the boot code process? This is what I see everytime my hackintosh boots. I've checked my boot flags and they are from your Clean Install Mini-Guide. Thanks.
IMG_1561.jpeg

1585175644703.png

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Instructions are in the Catalina Mini-Guide: Step 1 Bullet #4. That procedure can be used at any time to update Clover.
Which install location? Reason why I ask is that I just got a warning about it installing on my system software. So I chose the option to quit.

Just being cautious :)

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Which install location? Reason why I ask is that I just got a warning about it installing on my system software. So I chose the option to quit.

Just being cautious :)
Because you're upgrading the EFI partition on your internal Catalina SSD, the Install Location should be the internal Catalina SSD. By checking Install Clover in the ESP you are telling it to install Clover in the EFI System Partition. If a warning appears, you may still continue.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9
Graphics
Vega FE
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Let's start with a list of all hardware components:
  • Gigabyte Designare Z390
  • Intel i9-9900K?
  • Vega FE Liquid Cooled GPU
  • Memory?
  • SSD make/model?
  • CPU cooler make/model?
  • WiFi/BT card?
  • Any Firewire cards? Any other PCIe cards?
  • Any Thunderbolt devices connected?
Please note that your EFI folder shows some differences compared to the Catalina Mini-Guide. For example:

View attachment 457032
  • There is no SSDT-EC.
  • There is no Thunderbolt SSDT.
  • There is no NO-CNVW SSDT.
  • USBPorts.kext conflicts with SSDT-UIAC-DZ390-V1.aml. You can only have one or the other, not both.
  • When native NVRAM is enabled, EmuVariableUefi.efi must be deleted. If the system fails to boot without EmuVariableUefi.efi, then something else is wrong, but EmuVariableUefi.efi must be removed.
Is the liquid-cooled Vega connected to the internal F_USB header on the motherboard?

If you suspect that the Vega is a problem, have you tried physically removing the Vega? Your iGPU is already configured for Platform ID 0x3E9B0007, so you can connect monitor directly to the video ports on the rear IO panel.

the list of all hardware components are as follows below:
  • Gigabyte Designare Z390
  • Intel i9-9900K
  • Vega FE Liquid Cooled GPU updated latest gpu version via windows
  • hyper x 16gb x 4 = 64gb using clover 5104
  • samsung pro 970 1tb
  • alphacool eisbaer lt 360 no usb needed for f_usb connection
  • fenvi fv-t919 in pcie slot x1
  • no firewire cards no pcie extras.
  • no thunderbolt connections on hand at the moment .
yes i enabled onboard hdmi and audio via the i9-9900k 630 graphics coffee lake.
i have set up the display ports since mojave using the steps to create usb port map by rehabman and kgp older website. i have a custom rig old powermac g5 i used for the case mod. i added my own led blue light and 2 usb 3.0 cables for front connection. i had to map the usb differently only because i kept the front usb 2.0 on the mac g5 case. i also have remote control button start i purchased on the @CaseySJ build guide and pinned the remote start wires to f_usb and also fused the fenvi t919 usb to the f_usb header also. the build was quite expensive as i have to wait to buy any future thunderbolt as i'm low on spending right now. i wasnt sure to keep my custom mapped usbports.kext along with my custom ssdt-uiac-designare version together i didn't know if they both relied on each other. i customized them so they are both the same. i will remove the usbport.kext first. i used the old ioregistryexplorer tool in mojave to map out the usb ports i'm well under the 15 port limit leaving at least 2-3 empty total of at least 13.. i removed the built in intel wifi chip using my custom maps via the usbport.kext and ssdt-uiac-designare.aml

i have attached some photos of the old conversion of the g5 model rebuild using the designare.

Attachments

• IMG_7947.jpg
    IMG_7947.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7948.jpg
    IMG_7948.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_7951.jpg
    IMG_7951.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7953.jpg
    IMG_7953.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7954.jpg
    IMG_7954.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Is there a way to hide the boot code process? This is what I see everytime my hackintosh boots. I've checked my boot flags and they are from your Clean Install Mini-Guide. Thanks.View attachment 457060

View attachment 457062
The boot flags are correct because the -v option is not present. If you're still seeing boot logs, it probably means that your computer is booting from a different EFI partition. Press F12 at the BIOS Splash screen and carefully select the correct internal macOS SSD. Also check BIOS Setup --> Boot menu to ensure that the correct boot disk order is specified.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The SmallTree driver did not load. The output should look like this:
View attachment 457048
Are you sure you're booting from the right disk? Press F12 at the BIOS Splash Screen and intentionally select the internal MacOS SSD. Something else to try is a CMOS Reset (which also requires configuring BIOS parameters again).
Thank you Casey i am 100% certain i am booting from the right disk as the only other SSD i have in my system right now is windows ,no USB plugged in either , i cleared CMOS and reconfigured BIOS parameters ,but nothing is changed , something else I did notice though in your screen shot i see VitrualSMC ,SMC processor ,SMCSuperIO but in mine i only see FakeSMC and FakePCIID which i have both deleted From my L/E folder (I am baffled, were are they still loading from ???) also i am using the config-AMD-GPU from the Catalina mini guide only thing i changed was the SMBios to have the same board number and serial as i did before
Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 12.44.52 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390 Thunderbolt 3
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
have you seen on motherboard there is a port with inscription thunderbolt it is for a card ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hello dear friends , i finally was able to somehow to get my z390 designare , working , even tho my ram is at 3600 mhz the wake up from sleep dosent say disk not ejected property , "restart" sleep and shut down all work BUT , if it goes to sleep and you wake up and tell it to restart it will just hang on wall paper , till you do hard shutdown , is there a reason? not crazy important but still. Thank you.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Trying to update to 10.15.4. Have updated clover, lilu, whatevergreen, and AppleALC. After the first reboot it continued for a while then failed with some message about Bless could set boot device property or something like that. I restarted and booted from the install volume and it then failed with "Mac OS could not be installed... The installer resources were not found.... Any ideas?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you Casey i am 100% certain i am booting from the right disk as the only other SSD i have in my system right now is windows ,no USB plugged in either , i cleared CMOS and reconfigured BIOS parameters ,but nothing is changed , something else I did notice though in your screen shot i see VitrualSMC ,SMC processor ,SMCSuperIO but in mine i only see FakeSMC and FakePCIID which i have both deleted From my L/E folder (I am baffled, were are they still loading from ???) also i am using the config-AMD-GPU from the Catalina mini guide only thing i changed was the SMBios to have the same board number and serial as i did before
View attachment 457066
It's possible that the Windows disk also has an EFI partition, and you might have made change to that one instead of the one on the macOS SSD. Try this:
  • Run Clover Configurator, click Mount EFI on the left side, and post a screenshot.
Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 4.09.49 PM.png