Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Thanks for your response, Iam told Presonous Studio One DAW software uses the MAC address,
Some software developers use the MAC address from your main Ethernet port as part of the registration process, so if you change mobo you'll have to re register

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi CaseySJ,
Yes my stupid fault I forgot to enable the on board IGPU in the BIOS as I am using iMac19,1, stupid or what ?. Just a quick question while I have your attention, when Open Core is updated can you update the boot loader without reinstalling ?. Once again thanks for your help it is really appreciated.
Yours Terry.
Yes, when OpenCore is updated, we can just copy the new BOOTX64.efi and OpenCore.efi into the respective folders. But we may also need to modify config.plist if the new version changes a parameter name or introduces new parameters.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Has anyone experienced issues with legitimate software authorisations needing to be reauthorised after restarting the computer ?
Yes. I was struggling with an issue where Native Instruments plugins I legitimately own would need to be authorized every time I rebooted. After a long time of searching around online, I finally discovered that they were relying on the CPU's speed to do some kind of calculation for some reason, which isn't usually filled out by people in Clover.

I went in to Clover -> CPU -> and set my Frequency MHz to a value of '3700' (for 3.7ghz), rebooted, and reauthorized the software and the problem has finally went away. Seems kind of an odd parameter to use. I've talked to Waves who and a few other companies who have told me they use the ethernet hardware ID's. Native Instruments is the only one I've ever had a problem with. I was glad to have finally found a fix, and it was cool of them to actually give one/support the Hackintosh community.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
@CaseySJ , what SMBIOS are we using with Catalina? I just updated to Catalina and wanted to check in again. I am running iMac 19,1 supposedly with iGPU enabled, but I am not entirely certain how to test this. I am still using clover as this OpenCore business cropped up pretty soon.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390 Thunderbolt 3
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Hello every one i've got a Pb with my RX 5700 XT hdmi are ok but Display = no signal on catalina but ok in Bios setup

i have disable whatevergreen in boot

can you help me please ?

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
@CaseySJ , what SMBIOS are we using with Catalina? I just updated to Catalina and wanted to check in again. I am running iMac 19,1 supposedly with iGPU enabled, but I am not entirely certain how to test this. I am still using clover as this OpenCore business cropped up pretty soon.

Also, I am very impressed with shikigva=80, all DRM in safari is perfect with my iMac 19,1

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
2x RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for your response, Iam told Presonous Studio One DAW software uses the MAC address, which for me has been constant as has the serial number that is displayed in system preferences. I have cleared NVRAM using F11 on clover page mmmm I have not disabled NVRAM though, So what does this mean ? Is anyone here able to test S1 , I use Logic Pro X fine and also Ableton Live which is not giving any issues It’s a shame because there is little to no information on this on Google.
I think you want NVRAM working properly. You don't want to disable it. You could try trashing the S1 auth file if there is one and re authorizing? Maybe send an email to support and see if they can help. I’m guessing if Ableton is working then things are probably working as they should.

Motherboard
GA X99 SOC Champion
CPU
i7 6900K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mobile Phone
Android
Glad to hear it.
  • Regarding WiFi:
    • Do you have the Fenvi FV-T919?
    • And SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml?
  • It's okay not to install Clover RC scripts for emulated NVRAM. Later (not now!) you can try enabling native NVRAM.
WiFi card attached; for SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml I don't have yet. Needed it?

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Also, I am very impressed with shikigva=80, all DRM in safari is perfect with my iMac 19,1
Lastly, I'm using ig-platform-id of 003E980003 with my 9900K. When I run VDA encoder, it shows as full enabled and Geekbench sees the iGPU. But I can't select it to run benchmarks on. When I select graphics under system report, it just shows the Vega 64. I get image preview in finder working just fine though

Motherboard
GA X99 SOC Champion
CPU
i7 6900K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello every one i've got a Pb with my RX 5700 XT hdmi are ok but Display = no signal on catalina but ok in Bios setup

i have disable whatevergreen in boot

can you help me please ?
On RX 5700 XT the DP 1 do not run if you don't have multiple screens. The second port is HDMI and the third port is DP is ok, it's run mono screen. And don't forget change for DP on button screen parameters.