- Nov 11, 2018
- Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
- RX 580
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Hello @bvaderHi all,
i have a nooby question but after whole two days of unsucessful trials I will need your help. So, my friend wanted to build a hackintosh since he is a long time Apple user. We went thorugh the forum guides and selected the components which are the following:
- Intel i7 9700K
- Gigabyte Z390 Designare
- Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+
- Corsair Vengeance Lpx 3200 MHz 32GB (2×16GB)
- Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
- Adata XPG 8200 Pro 1TB (For Windows)
i have put the components together yesterday and everything is working OK, BIOS version on the motherboard is F9. We have followed the guide in the opening post, set up the BIOS, prepared the USB drive. When we boot the Clover Install Catalina option some text lines appear for a minute or so, there are some errors such as location doesn't exist etc... I have searched the internet, tried different EFi configurations, different Clover Configurator settings, because each tutorial has very different settings for the same motherboard. When trying out outher EFI configurations, prepared by other users on the internet, I normally get the error "Error allocating 0x11c7f pages at......".
Can someone please point me to the right direction where to start from scratch since nothing seems to be working. I think that our Clover Configuration is not OK and want to set it up properly and try again. I can provide further details if someone is willing to help us at our first build.
Thanks in advance!
- You might already know this, but we must download the full Catalina installer, which is about 8GB.
- When the "location doesn't exist" error happens, please take a photo.
- If you have verbose mode enabled (with -v boot argument) then a lot of log messages show various errors, which in fact are okay.