i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
do you know what patches Mald0n applied? I assume you supplied him with the Clover F4 DSDT extract.

thanks
No, I think he wants to keep it his.

And yes, via CLOVER F4 DSDT extract...

But he's always very welcome to patch your DSDT, even for OC!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Classic
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. Quadra
  7. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey all... First I have to say thanks to Casey and everyone else here who is doing amazing work for the hackintosh community.
I also have to say I am getting incredibly frustrated with my hack. I cannot seem to keep a stable system for any length of time. I am not touching the install software and the only hardware change I have made is to remove a graphics card for stability. Still I am having all sorts of issues.
Now I can't get any of the Apple media apps (Music or TV) to even launch properly without hanging and my system is doing all sorts of weird crashes and hangs. Mounted servers will drop off the machine randomly.
If anyone has any ideas or has experienced anything like this recently I would love to know about it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
AFAIK the Designare Z390 only has a single USB 2.0 header. What is everybody using to connect 2 or more USB devices? I need to connect both the NZXT X72 fan and fenvi t919 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card to internal USB 2.0 header.

Motherboard
ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
AFAIK the Designare Z390 only has a single USB 2.0 header. What is everybody using to connect 2 or more USB devices? I need to connect both the NZXT X72 fan and fenvi t919 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card to internal USB 2.0 header.

Most people use something like this (mentioned by CaseySJ many times throughout this thread):

https://www.amazon.com/Header-Extension-Splitter-Connector-Adapter/dp/B076Q8685Y/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=usb+header+extension&qid=1579563459&sr=8-3

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all... First I have to say thanks to Casey and everyone else here who is doing amazing work for the hackintosh community.
I also have to say I am getting incredibly frustrated with my hack. I cannot seem to keep a stable system for any length of time. I am not touching the install software and the only hardware change I have made is to remove a graphics card for stability. Still I am having all sorts of issues.
Now I can't get any of the Apple media apps (Music or TV) to even launch properly without hanging and my system is doing all sorts of weird crashes and hangs. Mounted servers will drop off the machine randomly.
If anyone has any ideas or has experienced anything like this recently I would love to know about it.
  • If the system was stable for some time, and these crashes started recently, then we must look for anything that changed.
    • New kexts?
    • New UEFI drivers?
    • New graphics cards?
    • New version of macOS?
  • Also, if you have a bootable backup from the time that the system was stable, try booting that disk just to make sure that the system is stable.
  • If you have a spare SSD, also try performing a fresh installation without installing any third-party apps. Then check again if the system is stable.
  • As @skroutz999 and others have reported recently (in the past 10 pages of this thread), their system is also encountering crashes.
  • We thought WhateverGreen 1.3.6 would fix these issues. We thought adding -wegoff as a Boot Argument would fix these issues. So please try the solutions I mentioned to @skroutz999 in the last couple of pages of this thread.
  • Are you using iMacPro1,1 or iMac19,1?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Vision D
CPU
i7k
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My system occasionally freezes (normally when I have one or more CAD programs open). I was thinking of changing the graphics card from a MSI RX 5700 XT to something else as a start? I couldn't even follow the miniguide with this board so I think it's suspect. I was thinking going to a Vega 64 or Radeon VII. Any suggestions? Thanks !

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks -- this is very promising! The main difference between their version and ours is that they're adding device PMCR to \_SB.PCI0.LPCB, whereas we were adding it to \_SB.PCI0.

The attached version follows the acidanthera convention and moves PMCR to \_SB.PCI0.LPCB. Anyone with OpenCore experience is welcome to try, but it requires removal of PMCR from the DSDT.aml that accompanies the OpenCore mini-guide.

Attachments

• Native NVRAM 2.zip
    3 KB · Views: 53
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone