- Dec 31, 2019
- Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
- RX 580
Thanks for the quick reply. I am not using the Designare Z390, I'm running a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H. So, swapping antennas is not an option for me. I should have clarified my build components in my initial post. Resetting Bluetooth module does not resolve the issue.Hello @jaminutz
Let's first assume it's a signal attenuation issue. The motherboard comes with a two-port outboard antenna. I believe the Fenvi FV-HB1200 also has 2 antenna ports. Therefore:
You can also try resetting the Bluetooth module as follows:
- Disconnect the fixed antennas on the Fenvi.
- Connect the Designare Z390 outboard antenna to the Fenvi.
- Now move the antenna around (closer to the keyboard) to see if it works reliably.
- Hold down SHIFT and OPTION keys, then click the Bluetooth icon on the Menu Bar.
- You will see a Debug option.
- The first sub-option under that will be Reset the Bluetooth module.
- Select it.
- Try the keyboard again.