Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac Pro
Hello @jaminutz

Let's first assume it's a signal attenuation issue. The motherboard comes with a two-port outboard antenna. I believe the Fenvi FV-HB1200 also has 2 antenna ports. Therefore:
  • Disconnect the fixed antennas on the Fenvi.
  • Connect the Designare Z390 outboard antenna to the Fenvi.
  • Now move the antenna around (closer to the keyboard) to see if it works reliably.
You can also try resetting the Bluetooth module as follows:
  • Hold down SHIFT and OPTION keys, then click the Bluetooth icon on the Menu Bar.
  • You will see a Debug option.
  • The first sub-option under that will be Reset the Bluetooth module.
  • Select it.
  • Try the keyboard again.
Thanks for the quick reply. I am not using the Designare Z390, I'm running a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H. So, swapping antennas is not an option for me. I should have clarified my build components in my initial post. Resetting Bluetooth module does not resolve the issue.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for the quick reply. I am not using the Designare Z390, I'm running a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H. So, swapping antennas is not an option for me. I should have clarified my build components in my initial post. Resetting bluetooth module does not resolve the issue.
Have you tried bringing the keyboard closer to the antennas on the Fenvi? If that helps, you can try this outboard antenna:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Do you have Windows or Linux installed on the Designare Z390? If so:
  • Do the docks work properly under Windows or Linux?
I tested in VMWare Fusion virtual Windows 10 and the disk is all the time connecting/disconnecting don't work but my dock(dock 1) work correctly...

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I tested in VMWare Fusion virtual Windows 10 and the disk is all the time connecting/disconnecting don't work but my dock(dock 1) work correctly...
A virtual machine is actually not a good way to test this because the guest operating system (Windows) does not directly initialize and control the physical hardware. There is a hardware abstraction layer (HAL) that gets in the way. So Windows or Linux would have to be natively installed.

But if Dock 1 works and Dock 2 does not, then try moving the hard drive itself from Dock 2 to Dock 1 and check if the problem now moves to Dock 1.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
A virtual machine is actually not a good way to test this because the guest operating system (Windows) does not directly initialize and control the physical hardware. There is a hardware abstraction layer (HAL) that gets in the way. So Windows or Linux would have to be natively installed.

But if Dock 1 works and Dock 2 does not, then try moving the hard drive itself from Dock 2 to Dock 1 and check if the problem now moves to Dock 1.
I already tried to move the disk and it really happens to me with that dock with any hard disk, what I do not understand is that if it works well on the macbook ... it is as if the dock's power fails, it has a light and when I transfer files from the other dock or internal hdd the light goes out and freeze ..

ps:i tested with seagate barracuda 500gb and in this disck work ¡¡ and with a ssd m500 crucial 240gb dont work,freeze...

WD red 3tb Dont Work(tested in 3 hdd wd)
SSD m500 Crucial 240gb Dont Work
Seagate Barracuda 500gb:Work

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
It's very easy to install Linux even on a USB flash disk and boot from it. This will tell us whether the motherboard is defective.

As you can see from reading this thread, hundreds of people have built their Hackintosh without any mouse problems. So there might be something unique in your hardware. Your software setup seems okay.

Remember that a Hackintosh does not come with Tech Support. Does not have Apple Care. Does not have Satisfaction Guarantee. When we decide not to buy a real Mac from Apple, and instead build our own Hackintosh, we must be willing to investigate problems by ourselves. This includes process of elimination to systematically isolate variables until we can narrow down the source of the problem.
So I used Ubuntu Mouse is running fine!

Which way should I do best for a new clean installation?
The fresh catalina ?
or everthing from Mojave beginning
or??

Thanks for an idea!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I already tried to move the disk and it really happens to me with that dock with any hard disk, what I do not understand is that if it works well on the macbook ... it is as if the dock's power fails, it has a light and when I transfer files from the other dock or internal hdd the light goes out and freeze ..

ps:i tested with seagate barracuda 500gb and in this disck work ¡¡ and with a ssd m500 crucial 240gb dont work,freeze...

WD red 3tb Dont Work(tested in 3 hdd wd)
SSD m500 Crucial 240gb Dont Work
Seagate Barracuda 500gb:Work
So I used Ubuntu Mouse is running fine!

Which way should I do best for a new clean installation?
The fresh catalina ?
or everthing from Mojave beginning
or??

Thanks for an idea!
Can both of you do the following:
  • Check that your USB devices are connected.
  • Then open System Information --> USB.
  • For each USB device, check the following (as shown in red box) and feel free to post screenshots:
    • Current Available (mA)
    • Current Required (mA)
    • Extra Operating Current (mA)
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 1.10.11 PM.png

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX 9100
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK, in Prep for updating to Catalina I updated
  • Lilu
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleALC
Rebooted, all good. Then I updated CLOVER and got this... I have a time machine backup and can just do a full fresh install but wondering if anyone has seen this.

Attachments

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK, in Prep for updating to Catalina I updated
  • Lilu
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleALC
Rebooted, all good. Then I updated CLOVER and got this... I have a time machine backup and can just do a full fresh install but wondering if anyone has seen this.
If you updated from Clover 4xxx to 5xxx, it’s necessary to delete the old “drivers64UEFI” folder.