Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, last night I overcame the NVRAM hurdle with OpenCore.
At this point, I believe the only hurdle I still have to overcome is my ability to boot into Windows.
When I select the windows menu item, it blue-screens on me.

I suspect I need to manually enter the path to the windows EFI partition, as is shown in the attached screenshot.

However, I have no idea how to find that crazy long path.
Can someone point me in the right direction? It's probably something simple that I should have learned a long time ago, but the automatic ways have typically worked for me in the past.

View attachment 445253
Please see this post:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks! I forgot about the DSDT and SSDT for all OSs issue!
That OpenCore fork has some more juicy stuff!

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 8.05.16 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580 8 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello @nifranza

Nice to hear from you -- and a happy new year as well!

Though I'm not experienced enough to answer the question about over clocking, I am familiar with the second issue. The ACPI error you're seeing is happening on all systems. The \_TZ device refers to Thermal Zone. If iStatMenus or HWMonitorSMC is showing CPU and other component temperatures correctly, then we can ignore this. I think this error started with Catalina, but I haven't diagnosed it any further.
Hi @CaseySJ, thanks a lot for your answer!

As I said, I don't care about overclocking that much. I was just asking in case the issue was already addressed by another user. I'll continue to experiment on the OC issue by myself and report back with some results.

Regarding the Thermal issue, I'm not experiencing any abnormality on any of my components. But due to the 32 bits app restriction going on in 10.15, I'm staying in 10.14.6 and still experiencing this issue. So I think it is safe to conclude that the ACPI error regarding \_TZ device is more related to BIOS version F9b than it is to OS version since I'm still in Mojave. Do you agree?

Cheers! :wave:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ, thanks a lot for your answer!

As I said, I don't care about overclocking that much. I was just asking in case the issue was already addressed by another user. I'll continue to experiment on the OC issue by myself and report back with some results.

Regarding the Thermal issue, I'm not experiencing any abnormality on any of my components. But due to the 32 bits app restriction going on in 10.15, I'm staying in 10.14.6 and still experiencing this issue. So I think it is safe to conclude that the ACPI error regarding \_TZ device is more related to BIOS version F9b than it is to OS version since I'm still in Mojave. Do you agree?

Cheers! :wave:
I think you're right -- it affects Mojave as well. I only noticed it a few weeks ago in Catalina. It occurs on BIOS F8 (which I am running) and perhaps previous versions as well.

I should add that the Thermal Zone information is contained in one of the Gigabyte SSDTs, so the ACPI parsing error in macOS is not due to anything that we did...

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Uh yeah I see there is a OpenCore discussion going on for this specific build <3

Please keep on sharing your knowledge, I'll enter the discussion once I got more time to tinker with OC.

Just want to confirm that on my present setup this BCM94360CS2 wireless&bluetooth card worked ootb and perfectly fine, dont use handsoff and any smartwatch stuff (according to system report ist should work) but airdrop works for sure.

I'm also trying to get this Syba PCI-E Firewire Card to work properly with my Focusrite Saffire Pro40.
While I did get the card to work ootb I still have those nasty, quiet, but definately hearable, high pitch sound ruining my music experience. It seems to only occur when the system draws more than the average from the PSU. It might be some interference related thing, however I have a very high qualit firewire card and nicely seperated cables.
(Many posts from 2012-2014 adress this issue, however I found no real solution). Gonna experiment a little more and will keep you up to date.

If anybody can help me/has ideas or tips about that firewire issue I'd be very thankful!
(I'd like to stick with my interface for a bit longer)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Do you get the same problem when using this mouse on a real Mac?
I do not have a real Mac. It worked fine before. I tried to update my files and config accordingly to all updates.
First, I took the instruction from Page 1. Then I mixed it up with fresh install and so on.
I just want it all running smooth.
Thanks for the help
Should I post all my data in EFI and the config??

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Uh yeah I see there is a OpenCore discussion going on for this specific build <3

Please keep on sharing your knowledge, I'll enter the discussion once I got more time to tinker with OC.

Just want to confirm that on my present setup this BCM94360CS2 wireless&bluetooth card worked ootb and perfectly fine, dont use handsoff and any smartwatch stuff (according to system report ist should work) but airdrop works for sure.

I'm also trying to get this Syba PCI-E Firewire Card to work properly with my Focusrite Saffire Pro40.
While I did get the card to work ootb I still have those nasty, quiet, but definately hearable, high pitch sound ruining my music experience. It seems to only occur when the system draws more than the average from the PSU. It might be some interference related thing, however I have a very high qualit firewire card and nicely seperated cables.
(Many posts from 2012-2014 adress this issue, however I found no real solution). Gonna experiment a little more and will keep you up to date.

If anybody can help me/has ideas or tips about that firewire issue I'd be very thankful!
(I'd like to stick with my interface for a bit longer)

Try changing pci slots, I use that Firewire card at bottom slot

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
Intel i7-9700K
Graphics
Nitro+ RX580
Has anyone found a tool to utilize any internal RGB components? I have a used a Win10 Vm to control my fan and AIO RGB's. But I cannot find a way to control the Corsair Vengeance RAM RGB. It seems as if the RAM is not recognized in the iCUE software. Is there a Gigabyte software I can try?

Also, I know the Corsair AIO had issues with a USB connection not allowing the computer to sleep successfully. Is there a workaround for this or is it fixed with Catalina?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I do not have a real Mac. It worked fine before. I tried to update my files and config accordingly to all updates.
First, I took the instruction from Page 1. Then I mixed it up with fresh install and so on.
I just want it all running smooth.
Thanks for the help
Should I post all my data in EFI and the config??
Some other suggestions:
  • Check the battery (put in a new battery temporarily).
  • Do any other USB devices stutter or stop working? Or only the USB/wireless mouse?
  • You may also run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As... to export the device tree. Then upload that file. It will show us whether USB power (high current) is set up correctly and whether there might be too many USB devices.