Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Is there some weirdness with my gpu? I have dual Asus VN248 monitors. I only have two cables long enough for my setup: 1 HMDI and 1 DVI to HDMI. When I used that, every other time the monitors would never wake up, there were frequent crashes on startup, and once booted the DVI to HDMI monitor (whichever, I tried both) would be magenta. When I went solo monitor, things got faster and more stable. I have a short DP cable which I tried (instead of DVI to HDMI). Once again I got crashing and fits. Finally, I went solo monitor until the system booted, then plugged in and connected the DP monitor, and that worked, and continues to usually work throughout restarts. However, after a cold start, often neither monitor will come on. I'm hoping that if I get two cables that match things will work better.
I'm still worried about whether I have a gpu problem or what. As of now, if I shut down and then start, everything boots fine. However, if I have to "RESTART" for any reason, the monitors won't come on at all, and I have to force a shutdown, go into the bios, and start over from there. Any ideas?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
Radeon RX 5700 XT
This looks okay to me. However your Locale is ETSI and Country Code is X3. Not sure which region/country you're in, so cannot tell if these are okay. If WiFi problem persists, please try a CMOS Reset (see instructions in Designare user manual) and configure BIOS parameters again.

My country is Germany. I have reset CMOS but still no luck.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion anyway.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z390X Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm still worried about whether I have a gpu problem or what. As of now, if I shut down and then start, everything boots fine. However, if I have to "RESTART" for any reason, the monitors won't come on at all, and I have to force a shutdown, go into the bios, and start over from there. Any ideas?
could you upload your EFI?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys! Where are we plugging the Fenvi Bluetooth cable in on this motherboard ?

Thanks, Guys.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My country is Germany. I have reset CMOS but still no luck.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion anyway.
I think there are few remaining options...

Please try relocating the Fenvi to one of the long slots. We must power down and flip switch on PSU to OFF before relocating the Fenvi.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, where are we plugging the Fenvi bluetooth cable in, on this mobo ?

Thanks Guys
It's plugged into the F_USB header along the bottom edge of motherboard. This is a 9-pin USB 2 header. If you need to connect other devices to this header, please consider a 1-to-2 or 1-to-4 splitter as mentioned in Post #1:

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 5.48.30 PM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello, I did not want to start a new post and because I followed this thread for my build I thought it would be a good place to start. I have a Apollo x8p and an Octo Satellite. I'm getting the device not found error code -38 after 2 mins every time I open a loaded up session in Ableton with DSP usage 90%+. Any ideas on this?

My build is almost exactly the same apart from the processor being a 9900k. All my BIOS settings are what was recommended here. It seems like a bandwidth issue on the TB bus because the plugins will consistently drop off as if they can't see the device or something.

Thanks!

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
The primary difference between the original config.plist and the one I modified is the use of WhateverGreen to set iGPU to headless platform ID 0x3E980003. This is, in effect, Pro Apps Option 2.

There are always various experiments to try (one by one) such as:
  • Add agdpmod=pikera to boot arguments.
  • Disable the AMDSupport kernel patches.
  • Disable WhateverGreen by adding boot argument -wegoff
  • Remove SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml from CLOVER/ACPI/patched. (This should be done anyway.)
  • Uncheck InjectIntel from Clover Configurator --> Graphics and attempt Pro Apps Option 2 again.
  • Update to latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC.
  • Update to latest Clover.
It's strongly advisable to have a full bootable backup made before starting these experiments.

I've been testing extensively the last few days, and I am happy to say the system seems to be completely stable. I am not experiencing any of the USB freeze issues or boot hang-ups that I was before.

Thank you @CaseySJ !

Motherboard
Lenovo U410 i7
CPU
i7-3537U
Graphics
HD 4000
Hello, I did not want to start a new post and because I followed this thread for my build I thought it would be a good place to start. I have a Apollo x8p and an Octo Satellite. I'm getting the device not found error code -38 after 2 mins every time I open a loaded up session in Ableton with DSP usage 90%+. Any ideas on this?

My build is almost exactly the same apart from the processor being a 9900k. All my BIOS settings are what was recommended here. It seems like a bandwidth issue on the TB bus because the plugins will consistently drop off as if they can't see the device or something.

Thanks!

Hey, i was wondering if you could help me. I'm thinking about building this hack and also thining about purchasing a UAD Apollo interface. I see you have the interface and the Satellite but doesn't the interface already have DSP, so what would be the reason for the additional Satellite?