1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Ok, education time for me.

So in the EFI we have a disabled SAT0>SATA and in the DSDT.aml I can search for SATA. The questions I have are:

Do you pull your system DSDT via whatever method you like (Maciasl I assume) and do a find/replace?

If not, did you enable the name change in the config, boot, then grab the DSDT, place it in the EFI ACPI folder, disable the name change, reboot, check your work?

edit: fixed link and tag
The EFI was originally configured for use with the standard DSDT. After the modified version was posted by @hylkepylke all of those SSDTs became unnecessary except for Thunderbolt. (By the way I’m not sure if Thunderbolt hot plug works. It needs to be tested.)

ACPI name changes are happening inside the modified DSDT. The new DSDT does not actually rename the devices. Instead, it names the ACPI devices correctly from the beginning, hence no renaming needed.

The modified DSDT does not need any further modification — unless a different USB port configuration is needed. It’s just plug and play.

This DSDT is for macOS and may not work under Windows or Linux.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Exactly, so this could be an issue for some (like me and @totototo), but my knowledge of DSDTs is nowhere near enough that I can figure this out on my own
It’s not necessary to modify the default Gigabyte DSDT in any way for Windows (because it is already configured for Windows). But at this time OpenCore does not have an option to specify different configurations for different operating systems. Clover, for example, only injects SSDTs/DSDTs when booting macOS. A future version of OC might resolve this.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX Vega 64
A future version of OC might resolve this.
I read somewhere that older versions of OC had this feature, where you could select a DSDT based on what you were going to boot, but said somewhere this was removed, so I doubt they'll put it back in. I hope we can somehow figure out how to get a DSDT that works both with native nvram in macOS and allows for Windows booting.

Motherboard
GA-Z390-DESIGNARE
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have you tested the same hub on a Windows machine or real Mac? I wonder if the hub itself is misbehaving. What happens if you plug 2 or 3 USB flash disks (not SSDs)? Flash disks have lower power requirements than SSDs.

Another suggestion is to use a USB Type C to Type A adapter and see if it works on a Type A port on the Designare or even on a Windows laptop.

I'm gonna try to go the adapter route. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
FWIW, FCPX is working like a charm in Mojave with this OC test. It rendered a 1080p 42 minute timeline to ProRes in 5 minutes. The "Send to Compressor" render to HD 1080p took a little over 53 minutes to make a 4.82 GB QT 1080p file from a 45.33 GB master file. IDK why the hangs on Geekbench 5, Cinebench 20, and Restart, but not on FCPX or Compressor.

FCPX Rendering Timeline to Master File: SL i9 9900KS 4.9 GHz, AVX = 2, 1.225V.

FCPX Export as Masterfile.png

RX580 totally slammed for 53 minutes:

Send to Compressor HD 1080p render with RX580.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
  • First, turn off the system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds. Power back on.
    • Are Bluetooth and Thunderbolt working now?
  • If not, download and run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As....
    • Then post the saved file. It will give us a closer look at your system configuration.

Turning PSU off and back on again seems to have fixed the Bluetooth issue. Seems to work now.

For Thunderbolt the System Information says: "Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded."

The output file of IORegistryExplorer is attached.

Attachments

• Mac02.ioreg
    16.1 MB · Views: 190
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I read somewhere that older versions of OC had this feature, where you could select a DSDT based on what you were going to boot, but said somewhere this was removed, so I doubt they'll put it back in. I hope we can somehow figure out how to get a DSDT that works both with native nvram in macOS and allows for Windows booting.
I was looking for the switch to prevent DSDT from loading under Win10. I did not know it was removed. Can you guys show boot options while holding OPT button? Just like a real Mac.

Motherboard
Asus X299 DELUXE II
CPU
i9-10940X
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please compress and post the Clover folder.
Thanks Casey
this is my clover and a pic of a error message at the bios boot. have you ever seen that?
really thank you for your help
-S

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 159
  • 30512EC8-02A8-4BD1-99DA-CE85DE2D1AF4.jpeg
    30512EC8-02A8-4BD1-99DA-CE85DE2D1AF4.jpeg
    432.1 KB · Views: 242
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX Vega 64
I was looking for the switch to prevent DSDT from loading under Win10. I did not know it was removed. Can you guys show boot options while holding OPT button? Just like a real Mac.
You have to be really quick and precise, press the button just after the boot logo disappears, but it is doable. You can use ALT or ESC on a non-Mac keyboard.