Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
I think I found the answer, keep USBInjectAll.kext?
Yes, USBInjectAll must be present.
Sadly I lost all the USB ports with these two files
You can perform a controlled experiment by removing just those two files and rebooting. Do the USB ports come back?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
@CaseySJ how did the clean install go any suggestions on what I could potentially be running into? I have the patience and I’ve been trying every root lol I even have a RX 560 now to attempt to install with that and swap to 5700xt I know I can have a super stable build as it was before I just made a rookie move and didn’t rebuild kernal cache or CCC this won’t happen again now I just need to get up and running before hows the 5700xt treating you?
It will take me a couple of days to experiment with various settings. However, you may certainly install the RX 560 and see if your system boots. If not, you may also attempt a fresh install with the RX 560.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS

You can perform a controlled experiment by removing just those two files and rebooting. Do the USB ports come back?
Yes, but only when I un-clicked the the USB Port Limit Patch and placed the USBInjectAll.kext back. Do I understand you correctly that I should try removing the files and not turn on the USB PLP?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just tried the updated files in mini guide and just get a bunch of verbose till it stops on service exited with abnormal code: 1 there is a lot more “coreAudioChannelIid” code in the verbose than normal. Still can’t get to the install GUI using the config and patches/drivers. Created the install usb from scratch too just to make sure it wasn’t the OS download. Or USB build that was an issue.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
And if I try and use that config for the OS that I have partially installed that I can’t past the terms and conditions just gives me
Error loading kernel cache (0x7)
Boot failed: will sleep for 10 seconds before exit

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS

I’m thinking about deleting all of the ports on the front of the case SS08, HS10, to reduce the number of ports down to below fifteen without running the risk of deleting needed connections for the wifi card and Titan Ridge. If I only have the ports on the back connected, this should be possible. I would then get a USB3 hub to plug into the back to reclaim the missing ports. Let me know what you think of this idea.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys, let me just add my experience.
I am running into this "Service exited with abnormal code: 1" error when I try to load the installer, I followed every single point of the mini guide for Catalina 10.15.1 (fresh install) with no luck. My Sapphire RX5700XT is connected to a Benq PD2700 through DP cable.
I'm pretty confident we will find a solution for this as the same GPU is working perfectly on a Ryzentosh with a Asus X570-E I built last week so... let's keep trying!
Greetings from Italy!

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
Android
@CaseySJ I have to come back to you with another issue.

I had my "system" fully running and had 1 m.2 nvme ssd conneted for Catalina.
1 SSD and 2 HDDs by SATA.
Everything was recognized fine and was usable.

Now I've disconnected all drives, installed the second m.2 nvme in the second slot and then I've installed Windows10 on it. After that I've connected again all drives and in Windows I can see all my disks.

But when I boot now in Catalina I can just see the Catalina NVMe disk

What I've tried so far is to remove the Windows NVMe, but no success.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@CaseySJ I have to come back to you with another issue.

I had my "system" fully running and had 1 m.2 nvme ssd conneted for Catalina.
1 SSD and 2 HDDs by SATA.
Everything was recognized fine and was usable.

Now I've disconnected all drives, installed the second m.2 nvme in the second slot and then I've installed Windows10 on it. After that I've connected again all drives and in Windows I can see all my disks.

But when I boot now in Catalina I can just see the Catalina NVMe disk

What I've tried so far is to remove the Windows NVMe, but no success.
You are aware that you lose SATA ports when using the m2 slots? It's in the manual.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
Intel I7-9700K
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon AORUS RX-580
My in-place upgrade from Mojave to Catalina has been wonderfully solid. If you're experiencing random beach balls you may try:
  • Option 1: Look for a Pattern.
    • Does the crash happen with a particular web browser?
    • Which specific applications are failing to load? Are they 32-bit apps?
    • Were any new kexts added to /Library/Extensions?
    • If you don't use any apps and just boot the system and leave it alone, does it still crash?
  • Option 2: Process of Elimination.
    • Disconnect all external devices except keyboard and mouse.
    • Does it help?
    • Were any new applications installed after the upgrade?
  • Option 3: Boot from the Mojave bootable backup disk.
    • Connect your Mojave bootable backup disk and log back into Mojave.
    • Use various apps to make sure the system is still as stable as you remember it.
I started off by opening just Apple applications: Notes, iMessage and Calendar. All good. But then I got the freezes right away as soon that I opened the Apple TV app. Which makes me suspect that is related to my graphic card (GIGABYTE AORUS Radeon RX 580).

I will do some further testing. Thanks!