- Nov 25, 2019
- Gigabyte Designare Z390
- Intel UHD 630
Welcome to the forum! Please click here and enter your:
Sone questions and suggestions:
- If there’s no discrete AMD GPU in the system, have you set Platform ID to 0x3E9B0007 per the sample config.plist located here?
- What is the make/model of your monitor? Is it a TV?
- At which point does the kernel panic occur? When selecting:
- Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Catalina
- Boot macOS from Catalina - Data
- Boot macOS from Catalina
- If you’ve recorded a video, you may scrub that video frame by frame until the moment before the kernel panic is thrown. Then screen-capture one or two of those frames.
Hi mate. Thanks for the response! It's actually my second hackintosh build, but the first one was in 2008. So you can tell how out of it I am
I tried a few things including the platform ID you mentioned as well as the HDMI help linked on the first post but couldn't get it to work. I didn't think it was the graphics though as I wouldn't expect a kernel panic for that, but what do I know
The kernel panic is/was just before the graphics turned on (the installation screen). It's connected via HDMI to a TV (LG).
Sorry to have taken your time though, as I came across another forum (in German) and used the EFI folder and config file from there and everything works perfectly fine now. Managed to install and move clover to the main drive. Sleep works (just tried it twice so far ), USB is fine, graphics are fine (except a brief purple bar shortly before each boot into desktop), icloud/messages etc. all fine. I haven't tried Thunderbolt yet but will do it soon I hope
Am I allowed to cross-post here, in case anyone else has the same issue?