- Nov 11, 2018
- Gigabyte Designare Z390
- RX 5700 XT
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
OK, so I restored, updated clover/kexts...and voila! Thanks for all your help @CaseySJ
View attachment 436843
Edit: Not so fast. It appears my wifi no longer works. Tried connecting to 5ghz and 2.4, as well as my phone's hotspot, no joy. After a minute or so, it just reprompts for password and doesn't connect. Forgot network, tried creating a new network location. The wifi worked fine under Mojave. Anyone else having issue with Fenvi T919 under Catalina? Bluetooth seems to be working fine, btw.
- If you turn off WiFi and use a wired Ethernet connection, does that work?
- If both WiFi and wired Ethernet don't work, then it's possible that some firewall software might be the cause. For example, I use NetBarrier and VirusBarrier by Intego Software. After upgrading from Mojave to Catalina, it was necessary to re-permission those apps to access various system services. The app should walk you through the procedure.
- If only WiFi is affected, try the following:
- At the Clover Boot Menu press F1 for help and press the appropriate function key to Clear NVRAM.
- Open System Preferences --> Network, select Wi-Fi on the left side and click the "-" icon to delete it from the list. Don't worry, it will come back automatically when you reboot.
- Reboot and check WiFi.