Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Gigabyte Brix BKi3HA-7100 - Install Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might have better luck plugging the device into an Intel USB port.
sorry I should have mentioned - there is no improper unmount on wake after sleep when using the Intel USB ports - so yes, if all else fails I can live with it as it is.

I found the SSDT-XOSI.dsl on Github USB-Inject-All - should I have left as it is or should I remove the comments to enable Windows 10 - I enabled Win10 as that is what I know works with the BRIX, as you will see in attached PR files? Also it is the only item I have in ACPI/SortedOrder. I have never used SortedOrder, do all SSDT's need to be listed there if SortedOrder is used?

No need for SortedOrder.

I found an SSDT-EC.dsl in the Brix repository on your Github - is there a guide anywhere on what I have to do to configure it to suit - I see it will not compile as it is? See attached screenshot.

In BRIX project SSDT-EC.dsl is meant for #include (DefinitionBlock is commented out).

No need for SortedOrder.

In BRIX project SSDT-EC.dsl is meant for #include (DefinitionBlock is commented out).
OK- Removed SortedOrder and edited the SSDT-EC.dsl then compiled and saved to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

I have rebooted and something was definitely different - I see that the External USB Drive was being indexed which has not happened previously to the best of my knowledge. Unfortunately the unmount issue remains at Wake from Sleep with the External Drive on the front USB (ASMEDIA) - always possible I have misconfigured something though!

Attachments

• debug_2169.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
You might have better luck plugging the device into an Intel USB port.

I do have plan B which I just implemented to test tonight. I remembered a few years back having this same issue - possibly on a P35 board - and my workround at the time was to use Jettison - I just installed it and it does give a workround to the unmount issue.

Until we find a solution to the unmount issue the workround will give the normal functionality

I do have plan B which I just implemented to test tonight. I remembered a few years back having this same issue - possibly on a P35 board - and my workround at the time was to use Jettison - I just installed it and it does give a workround to the unmount issue.

Until we find a solution to the unmount issue the workround will give the normal functionality

There is another work around involving SleepWatcher. You can probably find it by search.

@RehabMan I have received and installed my DW1820A BCM94350ZAE - when I ordered it I believed it would just plugin and work out of the box assuming USB was set up correctly - but when I asked for confirmation of that @toleda said that there was no guarantee of that.

So I have adjusted my SSDT-UIAC to reflect the module showing up in IOREG on HS07 and have included it in the SSDT set as 255 for internal.

I do not have BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, AirportBrcmFixup.kext or BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext installed (I don't know if my module is locked or not - it is a DELL version so was considering installing the NonPatch version).

When I boot with the module installed I have working Wifi and it reports ac but the Bluetooth module is not detected.

I have a Win10 installation on the 2nd hard drive and Bluetooth works there as well as the Wifi.

Following the info on the broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide thread I have checked DPCIManager and the Wifi is as expected and on the supported list. As the Bluetooth module is not detected it does not show up as Bluetooth in System Information/USB but BCM2045A0 with Broadcom as the vendor but with a different Product ID to that in the example on the Broadcom WiFi Bluetooth Guide shows up

Should I install BRCMNonPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext?
Or is there something else I must do?

Attachments

• debug_6531.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2018-11-15 at 11.45.15.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-15 at 11.45.15.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 49
@RehabMan I have received and installed my DW1820A BCM94350ZAE - when I ordered it I believed it would just plugin and work out of the box assuming USB was set up correctly - but when I asked for confirmation of that @toleda said that there was no guarantee of that.

So I have adjusted my SSDT-UIAC to reflect the module showing up in IOREG on HS07 and have included it in the SSDT set as 255 for internal.

I do not have BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, AirportBrcmFixup.kext or BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext installed (I don't know if my module is locked or not - it is a DELL version so was considering installing the NonPatch version).

When I boot with the module installed I have working Wifi and it reports ac but the Bluetooth module is not detected.

I have a Win10 installation on the 2nd hard drive and Bluetooth works there as well as the Wifi.

Following the info on the broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide thread I have checked DPCIManager and the Wifi is as expected and on the supported list. As the Bluetooth module is not detected it does not show up as Bluetooth in System Information/USB but BCM2045A0 with Broadcom as the vendor but with a different Product ID to that in the example on the Broadcom WiFi Bluetooth Guide shows up

Should I install BRCMNonPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext?
Or is there something else I must do?

Install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

Install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.
I have now done some more testing and have some observations to share.

I initially installed Install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. and rebooted. Bluetooth appeared and I connected an Apple Magic Keyboard (the battery version of the Magic KB) and Trackpad. I rebooted and neither Keyboard or Trackpad would work. Both Devices kept connecting and disconnecting. I tried rebooting and the system would not reboot I tried with Verbose and took a screenshot of what I saw. I tried several times to boot but could not do so. I mounted another Mojave build as the 2nd HDD, booted from that and removed the BRCM kexts from L/E. Rebooted again cleared all caches and loaded the kexts again. Same result. I repeated the process several times and always got the failure.

Then instead of connecting the Bluetooth Hardware I used Microsoft USB wireless Desktop Set. I then tested Airdrop and it worked perfectly. I rebooted several times to test after boot and it worked.

Then I connected a Magic Mouse 2 and a Magic Keyboard 2 - worked perfectly!

Rebooted - still works perfectly.

It occurs to me looking through the problems listed in the Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth Guide that there may be an issue regarding which generation of Bluetooth device is connected. Just a thought - I am sure you are much better qualified to investigate that.

Attachments

• IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 51
  • debug_6863.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I have now done some more testing and have some observations to share.

I initially installed Install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. and rebooted. Bluetooth appeared and I connected an Apple Magic Keyboard (the battery version of the Magic KB) and Trackpad. I rebooted and neither Keyboard or Trackpad would work. Both Devices kept connecting and disconnecting. I tried rebooting and the system would not reboot I tried with Verbose and took a screenshot of what I saw. I tried several times to boot but could not do so. I mounted another Mojave build as the 2nd HDD, booted from that and removed the BRCM kexts from L/E. Rebooted again cleared all caches and loaded the kexts again. Same result. I repeated the process several times and always got the failure.

Then instead of connecting the Bluetooth Hardware I used Microsoft USB wireless Desktop Set. I then tested Airdrop and it worked perfectly. I rebooted several times to test after boot and it worked.

Then I connected a Magic Mouse 2 and a Magic Keyboard 2 - worked perfectly!

Rebooted - still works perfectly.

It occurs to me looking through the problems listed in the Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth Guide that there may be an issue regarding which generation of Bluetooth device is connected. Just a thought - I am sure you are much better qualified to investigate that.

Are you using a 5ghz WiFi network? Or 2.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back