Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 7 - i7-8700K - Nvidia GeForce GT740, Uadio Apollo 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
jsconiers Build:
Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 7 - i7-8700K - Nvidia GeForce GT740
Hi there. I have a very similar setup. Using the Apollo 8 Quad and 9.8 update for Mojave. I had "hotswap" working for awhile, where I could power-down the Apollo and later power it back up. It would "Reconnect" to the UAD driver and the "Host" light would again appear on the front of the unit. I backed everything up of course, cloning the system, and even burning the EFI to a CDR.

How did you get your hotswap to stick? I'm attaching my "Patched" folder from my EFI/Clover/ACPI folder. I thought that Mojave 10.14.3 broke it, but I booted from the original Mojave 10.14.2, and it was still broken. Thunderbolt works, I just can't get the Apollo back if I snap off the power; I have to reboot.

Attachments

• patched.zip
    5 KB · Views: 73
There is no UHD 360 entry. This is what it gives for Graphics/Displays,
Code:
  Type:    GPU
  Bus:    PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width:    x16
  VRAM (Total):    7 MB
  VRAM (Dynamic, Max):  
  Vendor:    NVIDIA (0x10de)
  Device ID:    0x1c83
  Revision ID:    0x00a1
  Kernel Extension Info:    No Kext Loaded
  Displays:
Display:
  Resolution:    1920 x 1080 (1080p FHD - Full High Definition)
  UI Looks like:    1920 x 1080
  Framebuffer Depth:    24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:    Yes
  Mirror:    Off
  Online:    Yes
  Automatically Adjust Brightness:    No
I am a little surprised that is says 7MB for the VRAM, I am pretty sure I remember setting that to 128MB in the motherboard bios.

LMHmedchem
Seems like you do not have Web drivers installed. follow this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/

Well I said that the information I posted was from right before I installed the drivers. As soon as I install the drivers the keyboard and mouse are non-functional at the login screen, so I have no way to get into the system and check anything or retrieve any logs or debug information. I can install the drivers without error but that more or less just turns my rig into an expensive paperweight.

LMHmedchem

Well I said that the information I posted was from right before I installed the drivers. As soon as I install the drivers the keyboard and mouse are non-functional at the login screen, so I have no way to get into the system and check anything or retrieve any logs or debug information. I can install the drivers without error but that more or less just turns my rig into an expensive paperweight.

LMHmedchem
you need to have an active igpu frame buffer injected or you can disable internal graphics in bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back