Contribute
Register

[Success] General tweaking guide for Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcbyte_it said:
^
I put links on the exact procedure on a few posts below the main guide, which is here.

I don't want to put a modified BIOS file because I am more than sure that someone WILL mess things up, somebody that has a different P8P67 board will say they are the same and does an update and brick everything... another reason is that BIOS is considered a software by asus, posting a BIOS can be considered as posting pirated software (even if they are available on Asus website for free) ;)

yet another reason is that you can get the same working system with SpeedStepper, it patches a kext file which will fix sleep and crashes.

and the last reason is that my guide is about general tweaking for this motherboard, it should not go around just the bios mod.

mcbyte_it I've sent you a PM.

opty said:
i am a noob in hackintosh but not in BIOS modding, checked out the mod it's relatively easy to do would you say this is the way to go ratter than kext patching?

are you happy with the Sapphire Radeon HD 6540 video card? i am looking for a silent solution. was it easy to get it to work? would you buy it again? i know you end up getting an HDMI cable for it to work which is i think preferred over VGA / DVi

Thanks

I just performed the bios mod yesterday morning and it was cool as hell getting the system to startup with a virgin unpatched AICPUPM Kext! The only thing is that you got to be careful your using an updated AMI Tool or else if you have a bios file larger than 4mb you could brick your board. But I'm still having issues with not getting p+c states generated or rather just two. IOPlatform ACPI kext is throwing CST initialization errors. Got no idea how to fix that. As I understand you dont need to put in SSDT files anymore as Chimera or Chameleon will auto generate those values. Not the case with my Asus Z68 Deluxe despite setting Speedstep and C states to enabled in bios and patching AppleLPC Kext of using a dsdt or without. If anyone has figured this one out please post how to...

Thank you.

you get the adrenalin rush during the first boot up after modding your BIOS :D but sometimes it doesn't turn out the way you imagined it.

on my setup i test it with patched kext and without and i couldn't tell the difference.
do you have the GeneratPStates and GenerateCStates in your boot.plist? and also make sure that in the BIOS you set it enabled and not auto

i followed TooSixey guid to the T on top of the BIOS patch. i must say it is working surprisingly very stable and fast. perfect for my everyday use.

opty said:
you get the adrenalin rush during the first boot up after modding your BIOS :D but sometimes it doesn't turn out the way you imagined it.

on my setup i test it with patched kext and without and i couldn't tell the difference.
do you have the GeneratPStates and GenerateCStates in your boot.plist? and also make sure that in the BIOS you set it enabled and not auto

i followed TooSixey guid to the T on top of the BIOS patch. i must say it is working surprisingly very stable and fast. perfect for my everyday use.

Man talk about adrenalin! What a rush is right! But I could tell the difference by the virtue of the fact that it had no problem booting up to an unedit or unaltered or unpatched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement Kext. About the p-states and c-states I tried every setting in bios to get them automatically generated I set the turbo ration to auto, then to manual and configured 4 different turbo ratios from 35-38. This was under the uefi page:

UEFI-3AITweaker_575px.jpg

I tried setting the C reporting settings from 'Auto' to 'Enabled' and nothing. Not a big deal. I only have two states as reported by MSRDumper. 16 + 38. Havent tried sleep mode yet though. Anyhow maybe you patched the wrong bytes? Or made a mistake with the values...

Note: Screen shot provided as example only and not from my machine.

how did you patch your BIOS? i know you mentioned that you used AMItool.

here is how i did it.
i used the phoenixBios tool. you need to do this on windows. the tool needs a AcpiTbls from the board, to get that i used RwV1.4 once i have that the biostool is able to dump the bios in a temp folder and pause so you can do additional modification as you need. so using the amitool i found the model that needs to be patched (2 CpuPei ) and patched them accordingly. than let the phoenixtool to correct the BIOS checksum and reassemble the BIOS.

check the toosixy guide there might be a step or something that you missed.
i read on other post that someone else had this same issue as well but i think it was pro version. for me everything worked the first try.

by the way i have xeon processor (E3 1230) on mine

what BIOS rev. are you on, 2001? what about the DSDT

opty said:
how did you patch your BIOS? i know you mentioned that you used AMItool.

here is how i did it.
i used the phoenixBios tool. you need to do this on windows. the tool needs a AcpiTbls from the board, to get that i used RwV1.4 once i have that the biostool is able to dump the bios in a temp folder and pause so you can do additional modification as you need. so using the amitool i found the model that needs to be patched (2 CpuPei ) and patched them accordingly. than let the phoenixtool to correct the BIOS checksum and reassemble the BIOS.

check the toosixy guide there might be a step or something that you missed.
i read on other post that someone else had this same issue as well but i think it was pro version. for me everything worked the first try.

by the way i have xeon processor (E3 1230) on mine

what BIOS rev. are you on, 2001? what about the DSDT

I followed the Speedstepper guide on Insanelymac and i used Amitool to pull the cpupei modules and used a hex editor to swap 800018EB050D0080 to 000018EB050D0000 and then save and replace each one. Then flash the bios and the system boots without speedstepper patch. I think i cant get p and c states because ive read that chameleon doesnt support sandy bridge a 100 percent. Anyhow I have an Asus Z68 Deluxe bios ver 706.

Thanks.

I dont think anyone has enabled C & P States for our systems but I dont care anyway. My system boot is like a rocket, 2 spins and Im in :thumbup:

Hello mcbyte_it,

I have the same motherboard, I've patched the BIOS successfully with Andy instructions and everything seems OK, I have correctly sleep-wakeup and audio (without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ) etc...

However speedstep is not working and I'm stuck at a single frequency (3.1Ghz for my i5 2400).
Can be that the BIOS patching is just for Lion? I'm still with Snow Leopard.
Or the problem is that the i5 2400 require some peculiar tweaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back