Contribute
Register

[Success] General tweaking guide for Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcbyte_it said:
Yes, both works perfectly, even better than in Windows 7:
the webcam works always, but the mic in Windows worked badly for me, after a minute or two the other part hears too much noises, it was unusable. While now on Mac OS it's the only working mic to use for chatting....

thanks you just made my day. i was afraid that it would not work so it works OOB no kext no tweaking needed.
i should be getting all of my parts within the next few days. it would be fun

Hi mcbyte_it since it is dangerous to unpack, patch, repack the bios.. wouldnt it be a great idea to share the bios file that lifts the block on registors in the bios. I understand it would be dangerous for us to do this ourselves but If you have successfully done this for a P8P67 Pro Rev 3.0 Bios, assuming you have 2001 ? can you share it with us. Therefor no need for any kexts to enable sleep and the rest.

I think alot of people would appreciate this :thumbup:

KidCastro said:
Hi mcbyte_it since it is dangerous to unpack, patch, repack the bios.. wouldnt it be a great idea to share the bios file that lifts the block on registors in the bios. I understand it would be dangerous for us to do this ourselves but If you have successfully done this for a P8P67 Pro Rev 3.0 Bios, assuming you have 2001 ? can you share it with us. Therefor no need for any kexts to enable sleep and the rest.

I agree that many would appreciate a modded bios, but I am also sure that sooner or later somebody will mess things up and start blaming others for his/her bricked motherboard.

Sorry, but if you can't do it on your own, then use the alternatives.... submitting a modified BIOS is completely out of the question. Thanks

mcbyte_it said:
KidCastro said:

I agree that many would appreciate a modded bios, but I am also sure that sooner or later somebody will mess things up and start blaming others for his/her bricked motherboard.

Sorry, but if you can't do it on your own, then use the alternatives.... submitting a modified BIOS is completely out of the question. Thanks

Why dont your provide a resource then man... Taking the risk is a personal decision, personally, I'm not too impressed with the P8P67 Pro for Lion, my system is fast and all but, no sleep, no speedstepper and to be honest if I bricked it, I would go out and buy a gigabyte. No point being secretive. You have a working bios that is patched. The rest of us dont have the ability to do this on our own but if its already compiled, its like downloading the bios from ASUS and updating it. I think the best install is a vanilla install, thats why I wish I had a gb motherboard.

You have to see where Im coming from on this? please enlighten us.

:thumbup:

EDIT-

Is this what your talking about?

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/printthread.php?t=5863&pp=10&page=2943

Last post on the link I sent you...

SLIC: Asus 2.1
Cert: Asus
Modded with Phoenix SLIC Mod 1.90
Mod method: Dynamic

Modified Bios:
ASUS P8P67 PRO 3.0_2001_Asus21_Dyn.zip

Cert. included. Flash from DOS with included flash utility !!!
Confirmed Working by turrican9.

Last edited by a moderator:
the page that you linked to is a patched bios with SLIC 2.1 for windows but the phoenix tool is capable of doing the patching for our need you also need a hex editor. however if you have never done any bios editing i would say don't try it. it is very easy to brick your board.

by the way you can buy spare BIOS chip on ebay for like $15 so should you decide doing this get yourself a spare BIOS in advance.

opty said:
the page that you linked to is a patched bios with SLIC 2.1 for windows but the phoenix tool is capable of doing the patching for our need you also need a hex editor. however if you have never done any bios editing i would say don't try it. it is very easy to brick your board.

by the way you can buy spare BIOS chip on ebay for like $15 so should you decide doing this get yourself a spare BIOS in advance.

"Modded with Phoenix SLIC Mod 1.90"

Okay this has the bios + tool. Why do I need to edit anything, this file is already edited for me?

I just want to flash a pre-prepared bios. I dont want to edit anything.

Thats what Im saying, I understand editing a bios can be dangerous but Ive FLASHED a bios many times, its very rare to brick things when flashing BUT when editing there can be consequences.

So I was just asking if this is the bios im looking for? Im not confident enough to edit myself.

that BIOS in the link you provided is a modded version of p8p67 pro boards but it does NOT have the patches that you need.

hope that helped.

^
I put links on the exact procedure on a few posts below the main guide, which is here.

I don't want to put a modified BIOS file because I am more than sure that someone WILL mess things up, somebody that has a different P8P67 board will say they are the same and does an update and brick everything... another reason is that BIOS is considered a software by asus, posting a BIOS can be considered as posting pirated software (even if they are available on Asus website for free) ;)

yet another reason is that you can get the same working system with SpeedStepper, it patches a kext file which will fix sleep and crashes.

and the last reason is that my guide is about general tweaking for this motherboard, it should not go around just the bios mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back