Contribute
Register

Success: GC Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 AIC (rev 2.0), High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bios Settings, That absolutely worked for me!!! THANK YOU!!!!! It was driving me absolutely nuts!!!!!! Something so simple found by a great guy "purpleronnie" man! Thanks again for the share you RULE!. :clap::headbang:

My Build; Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Motherboard With Bios Ver. F7. Alpine Ridge V.2.0 Thunderbolt 3 Add On Card, 8700k CPU, Ballistic Sport 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD & MSI RX580 GPU.

After 5 days of tearing my hair out and reading many posts on this topic, I've found a solution that works on my system.

hie fredtheedit, purpleronnie
Plz connect ur imac display to TB3 Add On Card and share your feedback whether it works or not ??
if it works share settings and ur i mac model number.

I could successfully establish a solid operation of my GC Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt Rev 1.0 by doing this steps. Additional there are entries in the actual BIOS (F6) of my Z390 which allow Thunderbolt-USB to be enabled or disabled. I enabled them but did not try USB on the TB-Ports yet.
My old but still perfect EDIROL 10/10 (24bit/192kHz) Firewire Audio-Interface however works brilliant on the Alpine Ridge TB-Port. That's really a nice success experience. Thanks for all who shared their knowledge.

PS: It's also not shown in the System Report, but it's obviously present and works.

So I appreciate the guide you built it was very helpful. What I just wanted to point out was the final item that FIXED my TB3 non connectivity.. I was running F11 Bios on my Gigabyte z370 G7 which is what I need to get Mojave to install (I ended up discovering after 30 hours, it was the culprit) F11 was updated to bring Titan Ridge to the board, But was optimized for Alpine Ridge, downgrading the Bios again to F10 completely solved the issue ( Showing up and disappearing or not showing up at all.. When I say showing up Im reffering to My OWC Envoy nVme drive. Right now the card shows up in PCI under system report, yet shows no drivers installed under Thunderbolt, yet everything is functional.. Now I need to try and figure out how to get proper SDST & DSDT files as my Geekbench 4 went from 29k to 25K so somethings obviously wrong still but at least the system is running.

F10 Bios Solved the main issue

F10 Bios Solved the main issue

For you it is F10 for others it could be different revision number, see the thread below since that is pretty good outline of how get thunderbolt 3 working properly.

So true... This is an undertaking for the insane LOL.. I have been tinkering for over a decade and it still blow my mind how I can work on a problem to get this working right for 24 hours straight and rebuild, disassemble, and put back together a dozen tomes and only to think hey what bios revision are you using ROFL.. Anyways I appreciate you pointing that out because it is so true....... I think I finally got this guy running right been throwing everything I can at it and it hasn't crashed yet...Never used that Hackintool before this build, it's really nice..Im hoping it holds. Stay Tuned LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back