Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GB Z490M / 10.5.7 / i7 10700K / 5700XT / OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, I also have a Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X, with an i5 10600K, just iGPU. I have had success with a number of HP Laptop Clover builds in the past but this, my first OpenCore desktop build has me Stumped. Any assistance greatly received!
USB starts to load, in verbose mode, then screen goes blank, tried both HDMI and Display port, nada :(
Have tried swapping values of AAPL,ig-platform-id between
00009B3E 07009B3E

File attached contains my EFI, error log.

Attachments

• GB Z490M.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
did you add agdpmod=pikera to the boot arguements?

Hi, i'm curious about the pciex slot on the z490m for the wifi card i bought, does the saaphire nitro + take up the space of the pciex slot..i saw that z490 only has 1 pciex slot..thanks!

i was doing some research on a build and ordered parts before finding your thread. basically ill have the same build besides psu, cpu cooler and case. i was thinking on the wifi what did you do to enable the 2nd m.2 slot for wifi if you dint have to do much i might as well just order the same card. and use you efi and just change the Ser#. any other suggestions. at the moment im waiting on gpu, ram, and psu to come in. was just trying to get ahead off the game.

i was doing some research on a build and ordered parts before finding your thread. basically ill have the same build besides psu, cpu cooler and case. i was thinking on the wifi what did you do to enable the 2nd m.2 slot for wifi if you dint have to do much i might as well just order the same card. and use you efi and just change the Ser#. any other suggestions. at the moment im waiting on gpu, ram, and psu to come in. was just trying to get ahead off the game.

You have to create a new USB-map to enable an additional extra internal USB port for the wifi card (or just run without the USBmap kext and enable all USBports in Opencore - temporary fix that works). Other than that it should be plug and play!

ive tried to install catalina i keep getting a kernal panic i tried using you efi(modified for usb) and the one i created same result. bios is set right as far as i can tell nothing is comming up besides when you search kernal number it is saying wrong hardware any advice?
0131210109.jpg

ive tried to install catalina i keep getting a kernal panic i tried using you efi(modified for usb) and the one i created same result. bios is set right as far as i can tell nothing is comming up besides when you search kernal number it is saying wrong hardware any advice?View attachment 506947

Based on your profile you are not running the same hardware as I run, and it will very likely fail. You need to investigate what is required for your motherboard and CPU. Hope that helps.

Based on your profile you are not running the same hardware as I run, and it will very likely fail. You need to investigate what is required for your motherboard and CPU. Hope that helps.
I have a z490m gaming x i7 10700k sapphire nitro plus rx5700 xt corsair mp600 500 GB and vengeance 3200 lox I recently upgrade to this. I just got it running testing everything for stability and all seems to be flawless I think it was nvmefix.kext was needed

Hi All, I also have a Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X, with an i5 10600K, just iGPU. I have had success with a number of HP Laptop Clover builds in the past but this, my first OpenCore desktop build has me Stumped. Any assistance greatly received!
USB starts to load, in verbose mode, then screen goes blank, tried both HDMI and Display port, nada :(
Have tried swapping values of AAPL,ig-platform-id between
00009B3E 07009B3E

File attached contains my EFI, error log.
I'm having the similar issue. I'll try "agdpmod=pikera" and see if it helps even I'm using iGPU.

I tried "agdpmod=pikera". I still got black screen after the first reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back