Register

[SUCCESS] GB Z490M / 10.5.7 / i7 10700K / 5700XT / OpenCore

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X / GA-H67N-USB3-B3
CPU
intel i7-10700 / intel i3-2105
Graphics
built in
Today I've tried to manage the USB ports limites... but maybe I miss something. Have an error when using USBMap tool and select "D" for discover :

Was unable to locate any valid ports.
Please ensure you have XHC/EH01/EH02 in your IOReg

Normally don't need to rename XHC ports (because using SMBIOS 19,1) ! Don't understand :/
So, I have hdmi audio and usb front ports working fine on my build. I'm using the same MB as the OP, I didn't end up having to change anything - upon restart everything worked. I agree, the opencore guide says you shouldn't need to rename using newer SMBIOS. Sorry I can't be of more help, but wanted you to know that nazrm's seems to be working for me.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490m Gaming X
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I have hdmi audio and usb front ports working fine on my build. I'm using the same MB as the OP, I didn't end up having to change anything - upon restart everything worked. I agree, the opencore guide says you shouldn't need to rename using newer SMBIOS. Sorry I can't be of more help, but wanted you to know that nazrm's seems to be working for me.

Hello ;) Thanks for your answer, maybe I was not clear. I'm sorry, when I speak about Front Panel connector it's not exactly that. The USB 3 Front Panel on my case with 2xUSB/Audio work perfectly. But I have 2 others USB 1.0/2.0 with 9 pins. And I need to activate them to connect my Fenvi T919 (For WiFi & BT).

When I use the XhciPortLimit quirk the 2 x ports are working. But any idea how to include them in my SSDT/USBMap file !!! :/

Capture d’écran 2020-09-08 à 11.59.45.jpg

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello ;) Thanks for your answer, maybe I was not clear. I'm sorry, when I speak about Front Panel connector it's not exactly that. The USB 3 Front Panel on my case with 2xUSB/Audio work perfectly. But I have 2 others USB 1.0/2.0 with 9 pins. And I need to activate them to connect my Fenvi T919 (For WiFi & BT).

When I use the XhciPortLimit quirk the 2 x ports are working. But any idea how to include them in my SSDT/USBMap file !!! :/

I understand now - you actually need to generate a new USBMap file to make it work because my map doesn't have support for the second USB extension port. The USBmap tool makes it quite easy, but you gotta do it from scratch basically. Check this (and make sure to read prerequisites - very important!): https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/intel-mapping/intel.html

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 8460p
CPU
i5-2520M 2.5GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi All, I also have a Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X, with an i5 10600K, just iGPU. I have had success with a number of HP Laptop Clover builds in the past but this, my first OpenCore desktop build has me Stumped. Any assistance greatly received!
USB starts to load, in verbose mode, then screen goes blank, tried both HDMI and Display port, nada :(
Have tried swapping values of AAPL,ig-platform-id between
00009B3E 07009B3E

File attached contains my EFI, error log.

Attachments

• GB Z490M.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Motherboard
EVGA X299 Micro
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
did you add agdpmod=pikera to the boot arguements?

Motherboard
gigabyte z490 ud
CPU
intel 10900
Graphics
gigabyte rx 5700xt
Hi, i'm curious about the pciex slot on the z490m for the wifi card i bought, does the saaphire nitro + take up the space of the pciex slot..i saw that z490 only has 1 pciex slot..thanks!

Motherboard
gigabyte z490m gaming x
CPU
Graphics
sapphire rx 5700 xt
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
i was doing some research on a build and ordered parts before finding your thread. basically ill have the same build besides psu, cpu cooler and case. i was thinking on the wifi what did you do to enable the 2nd m.2 slot for wifi if you dint have to do much i might as well just order the same card. and use you efi and just change the Ser#. any other suggestions. at the moment im waiting on gpu, ram, and psu to come in. was just trying to get ahead off the game.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i was doing some research on a build and ordered parts before finding your thread. basically ill have the same build besides psu, cpu cooler and case. i was thinking on the wifi what did you do to enable the 2nd m.2 slot for wifi if you dint have to do much i might as well just order the same card. and use you efi and just change the Ser#. any other suggestions. at the moment im waiting on gpu, ram, and psu to come in. was just trying to get ahead off the game.

You have to create a new USB-map to enable an additional extra internal USB port for the wifi card (or just run without the USBmap kext and enable all USBports in Opencore - temporary fix that works). Other than that it should be plug and play!

Motherboard
gigabyte z490m gaming x
CPU
Graphics
sapphire rx 5700 xt
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
ive tried to install catalina i keep getting a kernal panic i tried using you efi(modified for usb) and the one i created same result. bios is set right as far as i can tell nothing is comming up besides when you search kernal number it is saying wrong hardware any advice?
0131210109.jpg

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ive tried to install catalina i keep getting a kernal panic i tried using you efi(modified for usb) and the one i created same result. bios is set right as far as i can tell nothing is comming up besides when you search kernal number it is saying wrong hardware any advice?View attachment 506947

Based on your profile you are not running the same hardware as I run, and it will very likely fail. You need to investigate what is required for your motherboard and CPU. Hope that helps.