Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gabedamien's first build: Maximus V Gene - 3770K - 16GB RAM - GTX 670 - FT03 - OS X 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your PC is Pweeety! :thumbup: nice job man

Thanks man. Aesthetics were (and always are) important to me, so it's nice to get that kind of positive feedback.

I build my first Hackintosh this week using your guide, thanks alot! The next step is to OC my build and it
seems not to be working. My current specc is 4.2 GHz in BIOS but i cant manage to get it to work in OSX. When I run Geekbench 3, I only scored 2,5k points, but in stock clock i get about 10k points.

Any clue what might be the problem? I use mac mini profile (6.2, i5). I also ran MB setup after OC.

Offhand I don't know. How did you spec your OC in BIOS? Did you check my BIOS settings in the zip file linked earlier in this thread? Basically I just set my CPU multiplier to 42, but maybe there's some other setting we're both missing. Sorry I'm not much help on this, I'd do a search but I am SUPER busy these days, can't really be involved in the hackintosh scene. Still, glad my guide helped you get your hack up and running!

Hi all.I'm newbie about OsX.I searched and found this topic.Can i run Mountain 10.8 with win7 in stability?

Maximus V Gene with 1802 bios
i7 3770K 3.5Ghz@4,5Ghz
Zotac Gtx 670 Amp
2x4 G.Skill RipjawsX ddr3 1700 CL8
1,5 TB Seagate Green
OCZ600W

Well, I do, so yes, you can. But I recommend you check out PJALM's guide (link on the first page) as he is a more active and more knowledgeable contributor, and his guide is strictly speaking more future proof and correct than mine.

My main problem is bios version.Everbody says that "you must use 1604 modified bios" but i upgraded 1802. Updater program doesnt let me update bios again.Because 1604 is old version :(

What worked for me was to use the USB Flashback tool as opposed to using the EZ Flash utility within the BIOS.

Now the problem I'm stuck with is actually being able to boot into Mountain Lion. Once Unibeast installed Mountain Lion from the USB to my hard drive and then rebooted, I wasn't able to get past the load screen. It would get stuck on the Apple Logo with the wheel constantly spinning.

Edit: Regarding the above, I was able to boot into ML by going into safe mode (-x) within Unibeast boot loader. Sorry, I'm kind of new to all of this. Wish me luck as I will attempt to get this set up properly soon and with hopefully no issues.

Many thanks to all who've posted on this thread. The information provided is greatly appreciated.

And i handled bios 1604. My second problem is how to make bootable UniBeast flash drive in windows 7 x64? :silent:

" Format a USB key as described here and download UniBeast. Run UniBeast to create an installation USB drive. "

Not sure if you can do it within Windows as the instructions guide on this website indicates that you need to install it within a Mac OS install 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or later. If you do not own a Mac, you can purchase a CD of Snow Leopard from the Apple Store or Amazon. Do an install from that then update. Afterwards you download Mountain Lion from the App Store then create Unibeast disk after that. See here:http://www.tonymacx86.com/340-snow-leopard-mountain-lion-ivy-bridge-installation-video-guide.html

SUCCESS! After a bit of trial and error, I was successful in installing Mountain Lion version 10.8.5 with graphics, RAM and audio support. I am using the custom BIOS & Bootplist suggested by Gabedamien in his original post and installed the DSDT patch from PJALM's repository using MaciASL. Current 5.5.2 Multibeast successfully installed all drivers as far as I can tell.

Thank you to all who've posted and provided these tools to get this working. Now, if only I could get my Asus Xonar Essence STX to work that would be awesome as there's only support in Windows and Linux but nothing for Mac apparently. Oh well, you can't have everything.

Anyone able to get audio working correctly from the Green Analog Audio jack? I would like to be able to have audio in my dual-boot environment without having to get down and swap the port from black to green. Please help!

Anyone able to get audio working correctly from the Green Analog Audio jack? I would like to be able to have audio in my dual-boot environment without having to get down and swap the port from black to green. Please help!

Mine works fine unless I allow it to sleep-wake (then it's snap-crackle-pop). Since sleep-wake is always finicky anyway and is one of the easiest things to break from update to update... I've just gone ahead and given up on it. So now I have a stable build and working green-jack audio.

i just bought this for audio. this should solve your green jack problem

Attachments

• pdt_21712.png.png
    pdt_21712.png.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 427

You may have to open the OS X Sound System Preference pane and /Applications/Utilites/Audio MIDI Setup app to synch the audio outputs to the correct (Green) port. I've had to do this for my Thunderball build.

It "Works" somewhat. It blips and is very choppy. Terrible quality. The black jack is perfect. It is very annoying to have to switch back and forth when I want audio on windows. I am using the same Audio from Multibeast you have listed in your instructions. What additional fixes did you do to get solid audio out of it?

So, if anyone who has this build was curious, Mavericks works great! just follow the upgrade instructions and reload multibeast ethternet, ALC898 etc.

I am still having the popping issue on the green audio jack. When I go to the Audio MIDI Setup app, everytime it clicks and cuts out, the source changes from internal speakers to headphones. This back and forth switching happens all the time, causing the audio to cut out randomly. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back