Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z97X-UD5H / i7 4790K / 32GB / GTX 760 / 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a question too. My mHack was running perfectly and was sleeping properly but now I experience a sleep problem and after like an 100 hours looking, none of the sollution I found worked for me. So I assume it can be Multibeast settings.

So I'd like to know why you chose some settings :
  • Hibernate mode ? Is it usefull ? What does this do ? I have an SSD and I know hibernate is not so good with SSD because it writes to much on the disk, but I can miss something.
  • 3rd party SATA : my drives are recognized properly without it, but again I can miss the point.

@tigersfan945 : try iMac 14,1 instead of 14,2, solved some problems for me. And can you tell me also why you use Network>Ahteros>Killer ALXEthernet v1.0.2 instead of Intel ones, and why the EvOreboot ?

As you can see I'm still lost with some Multibeast settings :) ALso I wonder what the USB 3.0 - Universal is for, it says it enable USB 3.0 but it seems enable without it for me ...

Thanks !

is that a terminal command? or do i have to add bootplist

View attachment 121814View attachment 121815

can any one maybe explain why my videos look like this? my video thumb nails also look like this :( if i close it and reopen it, if i refresh the youtube video it fixes it. But it is still very annoying and i would like to fix it if any one had any ideas?

this might be a video driver conflict, I've experienced the same thing when I had Intel graphics Inject enabled.
Disabling it fixed my problem, didn't really need it in the first place, since I have a dedicated Geforce.

Hey Shanike:

I need some more help with my build. I am starting to experience issues with my hackintosh. I am experiencing issues with it freezing. Basically, I am able to log on and use it for about 15-20 minutes and then it just freezes and won't allow me to do anything else. Anyways, see my profile for my setup and here are the multibeast settings I used:

DSDT Free
Audio>Realtek ACLxxx>ALC1150
Disk>3rd Party SATA
Disk>Trim Enabler>10.10.x TRIM Patch
Misc>EvOreboot
Misc>FAKESMC v6.11.1328
Misc>FAKESMC v6.11.1328 Plugins
Misc>FAKESMC v6.11.1328 HWMonitor Application
Network>Ahteros>Killer ALXEthernet v1.0.2
Bootloaders>Chimera v4.0.1
Customize>Boot Options>Basic Boot Options
Customize>Boot Options>Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize>Boot Options>Kext Dev Mode
Customize>Boot Options>Use KernelCache
Customize>System Definitions>iMac 14,2
Themes>tonymacx86 Black

Please let me know if there is any suggestions to help fix my issue. Also, is there a way to view the kernel logs to determine the root cause of the issue?

I've had the same problem with multibeast.

I've switched to Clover and the freezes went away.

you could give it a try. no need to reinstall anything, simply create a clover USB boot drive, as described here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-corsair-vengenance-ram-evga-gtx-760-a-3.html

then simply boot from clover USB into your installation.

If upgrading to Yosemite with the i7 4790K do I need to worry about the multibeast setting, Generate C States; Generate P States, being set to "No" or does this not apply now.

Upgraded last night and you do need to set to "No" in MultiBeast, otherwise it will not boot into Yosemite.

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late to this post. I have build my new setup with the same components. Did you have problem with your GTX 760 and Board?
On boot while bios posting.

Sorry I'm late to this post. I have build my new setup with the same components. Did you have problem with your GTX 760 and Board?
On boot while bios posting.

No, I did not have any issues at all beyond those I outlined in the original description. Certainly I never had POST issues. If you are having issues during POST I would suspect a hardware issue of some sort. Try booting with minimal memory and see if that helps with POST, and maybe try swapping your power supply. I've been bitten in the past by marginal PSUs that skewed voltage or had weak current on a given rail.

For burn-in I like to first use memtest86+ and then I usually PXE boot into Overclockix (you can just boot a CD of it too), which is a "live Linux" distribution that has some hardware testing tools baked in. Specifically I usually beat on a box with the prime95 torture test to validate CPU behavior--even non-overclocked new hardware. Not much of an overcloking guy anymore as I prefer to err on the side of stability.

Anyway, I am about to rebuild the box that started this thread with OSX 10.10, probably switching to Clover in the process.

My only complaint with the build is that the batteries in my Apple Magic Trackpad seem to die much faster (maybe lasting a few weeks between charges) than they do on a "real" Mac. I use Energizer NiMh batteries and they seem to last forever on my wife's Mac Mini. I assume it's something about the Bluetooth keepalive not letting the trackpad go all the way to sleep when it's not in use but I have not cared enough to track it down.

You know a build has been solid when that's your complaint. :)

Looking to primarily to use Davinci, as well, and secondary would be Avid and Adobe

Is there any reason I can't or shouldn't use the Gtx 970?

This is my list of parts so far.
Gigabyte Black Edition LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboards GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked GDDR5 Pcie Video Graphics Card, 4GB
Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) (BX80646I74790K
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)
Corsair Carbide Series Black 500R Mid Tower Computer Case
Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)

Looking to primarily to use Davinci, as well, and secondary would be Avid and Adobe

Is there any reason I can't or shouldn't use the Gtx 970?

This is my list of parts so far.
Gigabyte Black Edition LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboards GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked GDDR5 Pcie Video Graphics Card, 4GB
Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) (BX80646I74790K
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)
Corsair Carbide Series Black 500R Mid Tower Computer Case
Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)

I would not expect any issues with using a 970. You may have to turn some additional knobs for nVidia driver enablement, but nothing that is not covered exhaustively elsewhere in the forums. Since I was optimizing around CPU workloads I did not worry about pushing the envelope on GPU performance so I just used something comparatively less expensive on the TonyMacx86 recommended hardware list.

Also, I replaced (via sector level cloning with dd) the Intel 510 SSD in my original build with a Samsung 850 EVO and it works great. Since you have that in your list I figured I would mention that.

I'll post newer results after I rebuild with 10.10 and Clover.

Noob question. How do we update the bios??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back