Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z97X-UD5H / i7 4790K / 32GB / GTX 760 / 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SUCCESS]GA-Z97X-UD5H / i7 4790K / 32GB / GTX 760 / 10.9.4

Thanks for the quick response. I will try that tonight and send out an update. Thanks again!

Yes, you change the state generation in MultiBeast. In the "Customize" view you need to make sure you un-check "Generate CPU States", which is checked by default when you start a DSDT-free configuration.

You can manually edit it for your loader (be it USB or already installed) by editing the Chimera/Chameleon boot plist in /Extra. In org.chameleon.Boot.plist you may see a pair of entries for generating P states and C states. They should both be no, if present.

If your summary screen looks exactly like my screenshot (with no additional entries, either!) you should be good.

No luck. Starting over from scratch and going to try again. Going to update my BIOS to F8.

Any thoughts on integrated graphics? Any settings that should be changed? Like I said, I am working on updating the BIOS to F8 and going to try install OS X again. When re-installing OS X, what is the best process? I have just been going back into the installer, going to disk utility and erasing the SSD and re-installing OS X on the new partitioned drive. Would that work?

BIOS settings:
Load optimized defaults and disable Vt-D right?

Any other thoughts about this?

Using same Multibeast settings as listed in first post.

Is there anything else that I am missing or something you see that I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Any thoughts on integrated graphics? Any settings that should be changed? Like I said, I am working on updating the BIOS to F8 and going to try install OS X again. When re-installing OS X, what is the best process? I have just been going back into the installer, going to disk utility and erasing the SSD and re-installing OS X on the new partitioned drive. Would that work?

BIOS settings:
Load optimized defaults and disable Vt-D right?

Any other thoughts about this?

Using same Multibeast settings as listed in first post.

Is there anything else that I am missing or something you see that I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Also, am I supposed to run Kext Utility after Multibeast or does Multibeast take care of everything?

MultiBeast will "take care of everything." :thumbup:

MultiBeast will "take care of everything." :thumbup:

Hey Stork,

Is there something that I am missing. Let me just recap really quick of what I have done. Keep in mind that I am using integrated graphics from motherboard. I currently do not have a graphics card. I am about to buy one due to the fact that I am unable to get this to install.

I created the OS X install USB using Unibeast.
Added newest version of Multibeast to USB
Updated my BIOS to F8.
Loaded optimized defaults, disabled Vt-D, changed boot option priority 1 to ADATA USB

Without using boot flags, I am able to get into the OS X installer. During the install process, I open Disk Utility and partition the drive with 1 partition, Guid Partition Method, and Mac OS Extended Journaled.

After install, I reboot, with boot option priority 1 still set at USB. From here, I move over to the Mavericks OS and use boot flag -x for safe mode, which allows me to finish the setup/installation of OS X.

After setup, I get into the desktop, move Multibeast zip file to the applications folder. Unzip and run multibeast and use the following configurations, except for one part. My TRIM patch looks a bit different, but I didn't think that would make the difference. My TRIM patch says 10.9.1-10.9.3 or 10.9.4. I have tried both of these and haven't noticed a difference:

98660d1405309367-success-ga-z97x-ud5h-i7-4790k-32gb-gtx-760-10-9-4-screen-shot-2014-07-13-11.17.33-pm.png

After running Multibeast and installing these drivers, I restart the computer and login to my BIOS again. I change the boot option priority 1 to the SSD that OS X is installed on. From there, I should be able to boot up and login to the desktop correct? Unfortunately, I have not been able to do that.

One of the hanging points that I get to is a error that says:
System uptime in nanoseconds: ############

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Stork,

Is there something that I am missing...

One of the hanging points that I get to is a error that says:
System uptime in nanoseconds: ############

Any thoughts or suggestions?
The latest MultiBeast has the 10.9.4 TRIM fix. As for the rest of your questions, take a look at my guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html. Although the guide is specially aimed at H/Z97N users, you'll have to do similar steps to install Mavericks successfully for using on-board graphics - like use another graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-d-90_patch as this one is for the Back Panel of the H/Z97N.

Of course, the easiest road to a successful installation is to use a discrete graphics card. The GTX 740 with the GDDR5 memory, shown in the Buyer's Guide, is a GTX 640/650 equivalent graphics card (doesn't use a PCIe power cable) if you're not into heaving gaming.

The latest MultiBeast has the 10.9.4 TRIM fix. As for the rest of your questions, take a look at my guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html. Although the guide is specially aimed at H/Z97N users, you'll have to do similar steps to install Mavericks successfully for using on-board graphics - like use another graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-d-90_patch as this one is for the Back Panel of the H/Z97N.

Of course, the easiest road to a successful installation is to use a discrete graphics card. The GTX 740 with the GDDR5 memory, shown in the Buyer's Guide, is a GTX 640/650 equivalent graphics card (doesn't use a PCIe power cable) if you're not into heaving gaming.

Last question. So if I were to buy a graphics card, the GTX 740 with the GDDR5 memory, would I just follow the process here? Same BIOS settings as well as the same Multibeast settings?

Last question. So if I were to buy a graphics card, the GTX 740 with the GDDR5 memory, would I just follow the process here? Same BIOS settings as well as the same Multibeast settings?

Sorry to be such a pain, but a few more things on top of that last question. Is my RAM going to be a problem or my hard drives? Can you take a quick look at my configuration in my profile and give me your thoughts?

I am going to pick up the GT 740 with GDDR5 after work today.

Please let me know when you have some time. Thanks for all your help.

Since I don't have a complete list of your system, I recommend you check it against the Original Post list and the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back