Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970 WindForce
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I don't usually post but I'm ecstatic after following a guide on another thread that ended up with a perfect Yosemite install using MultiBeast.

See Post #9 here for more information. He had a different graphic card than me.

My machine

GA-Z87X-UD5H (F10c)
ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2O-2GD5 Video Card
16GB (G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series • Model F3-2133C11D-16GXL)

What's working

Audio (and when woken up from sleep)
Ethernet
iMessage, app store
Sleep
.............................................................................................................
FRESH INSTALL ONLY

0 Bios Setup (thanks to techfreaktwo)
Really important otherwise you'll get KP after KP
Load Optimized Settings
Set the XMP memory to Profile1
Disabled Wake on LAN
Enabled EHCI Hand-off
Set xHCI mode from Smart Auto to Auto (XHCI Hand-off was already enabled)

1 Boot into installer (from USB)
Flags: maxmem=4096 nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000

If you get "no Essentials.pkg" file error. Use flags: maxmem=4096 nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000 -no-zp

If you get a KP at anytime during this boot into installer phase. Turn off your computer then back on again. I don't know why but it works.

2 Boot into Yosemite (boot from USB first)
Flags: maxmem=4096 nv_disable=1

3 Run MultiBeast 7.2.0
Quick Start > DSDT-Free > Install

MB_1.jpg
Reboot and Repair permissions

6 Run MultiBeast 7.2.0
Drivers > Realtek > ALC898
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Patch 10.10
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC + FakeSMC Plugins + FakeSMC Application
Customise > System Definitions > Mac 14,2

Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 22.24.37.jpg

Reboot and Repair permissions
..............................................................................................................

Everything works as it should, many thanks to ihal9001

Here is what I did with the same mobo with GTX 750 TI. I installed Yosemite using Unibeast. Then after I had everything setup correctly such as XMP/Power Management I used tonymacx86 tutorial to use Clover to install Yosemite. I had already tested the whole tutorial and everything worked but since I already had everything setup on a hardware Raid 0 I decided to go from Step 4 from that tutorial and install Clover on my already Yosemite installation hd. I also use UEFI boot from the Bios. In my bio the UEFI drive is named UEFI OS. So I choose that and Clover boots Yosemite perfectly and everything is working great. Now maybe I should try to update my 10.10.2 to 10.10.5 to see if I get any KPs after the update. Its my understanding Clover is suppose to fix this. Lets hope so...

Have any of you guys taken this board to Sierra yet? Im having issues. Cant get past loading of kernel.

Have any of you guys taken this board to Sierra yet? Im having issues. Cant get past loading of kernel.

Yes i have just installed fakeSMC.kext in the Clover folder related to 10.12 , and Sierra installation is flawless.
I have Sierra running fully working but USB 3 is an issue.
I created a port injector for USB 3 and installed Rehabman kext but i have a strange behavior. When i connect a USB 3 drive in any USB 3 port sometimes is recognized as usb3 sometimes as usb2.0. Anyway all USB ports are working.
Maybe someone knows how to fix this.

I just put Sierra on my spare SSD tonight, it much easier than I thought it would be.

1/ Followed the guide - UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

2/Load Optimized Settings
Set the XMP memory to Profile1
Disabled Wake on LAN
Enabled EHCI Hand-off
Set xHCI mode from Smart Auto to Auto

3/ UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Realtek > ALC898
7/8/9 Series USB Support

Thanks. Had finally figured it shortly there after posting. Not sure what did the trick but was an Ozmosis build. Too bad now I haven't messed around with it since..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back