- Dec 16, 2012
- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH F12 (GA-Z77X-UP5-TH)
- INTEL i7 3770K
- Radeon RX 580 8 GB (GV-RX580GAMING-8GD)
- Mobile Phone
I have done mine "upgraded" from Mountain Lion (2 yrs ago) -> Mavericks( 1 yr ago) -> Yosemite (a week ago), all without any issues. Yup, it's an upgrade. NOT even a full clean install.
I have to switch to Clover because of its flexibility. But, you pick whatever that worked for you, and worked for mine.
Here is the config.plist for Clover I use for my motherboard (GA-Z77X-UP5-TH) + NVIDIA GTX 650Ti BOOST. I disable the Intel GFX as I am not using it.
I am not going through how to use Clover, as you can find many guides on the internet how to use it.
1) Copy and replace config.plist to EFI/CLOVER. (You can make a backup if you wish)
2) Copy FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10
3) Copy HFSPlus.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
4) Remove the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/VBoxHfs-64.efi
The config.plist has the on-the-fly patch to enable the TRIM for non-apple branded SSD. kext-dev-mode=1 is added in the config as well.
That's all you need. Follow the instruction http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html how to create the USB drive but use my instructions above to configure the clover, you should have a fully working system.
- No, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is NOT needed.
- The onboard sound is not working without custom Kext. I am using XtremeMac USB TangoBar therefore I don't use the onboard sound. You can install the onboard sound from MultiBeast if you wish to.
- I have not used MultiBeast for any other driver, but you might have different setup.
- To fix onboard sound- ALC898 - follow this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112458-mavericks-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html
To use Apple services (Message, Facetime, iClound), you will need to configure the smbios. Use Clover Configurator for that.
This link provides all the information you need to get the services working - http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html