Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-Z77X-UP5-TH -i7 3770k NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Yosemite, 1TB RAID SSD Vanilla Install WIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I can't play them. But then I'm not too worried about that because I have other 'real' machines.

Interestingly, my Mac Pros won't play trailers either -- It's because they have external monitors, I've heard.

Nope. I can't play them. But then I'm not too worried about that because I have other 'real' machines.

Interestingly, my Mac Pros won't play trailers either -- It's because they have external monitors, I've heard.

that's a shame but i did read on this forum that iTunes movies did not work for someone with an official Apple Mac Mini because their monitor was not HDCP compliant so the user tried a few other HDCP compliant monitors and still had no luck

Tuff not to crack this iTunes movie playback issue (damn DRM !) but i can live without this feature too. There's other sites i can rent movies from at lower rates that Apple's offering.

thanks aminorjourney

Well -- what can I say?

I just spent a few hours trying to get the German bios working on my setup and I guess I must have done something crazy with it compared to other folks.

El Capitan boots fine, but I couldn't get through to Yosemite. I really wanted this bios to be my friend, but it hasn't been.

So I've restored everything to my old settings and custom-built Bios. It seems happy...

Sorry to hear you had no luck with the German bios. I would be curious what problems you ran into. After flashing the German bios, you did check the "standard" settings? Monitors are hooked up to your gtx 660 I presume? No bizarre peripherals?

But anyway, if it ain't broke don't fix it: if your own custom bios works, hats off to ya. Orginally I suggested the German bios because of your extremely long boot time.... best, n.m.

What sys definition are you using? Do you have EIST enabled in the Bios? You can inject SSDT into your DSDT, see this post for info:
http://hackintosh-forum.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=16458

I will check my IORegistry later when I am home...

best,
ninetto

SysDef = iMac13,2
I am injecting SSDT only (you don't need to include SSDT into DSDT with Ozmosis..at least is what I been told and my firmware log confirms that it did inject the SSDT)
EIST is enabled in BIOS

SysDef = iMac13,2
I am injecting SSDT only (you don't need to include SSDT into DSDT with Ozmosis..at least is what I been told and my firmware log confirms that it did inject the SSDT)
EIST is enabled in BIOS

OK, maybe not totally up-to-date, but at this page below, tonymac has iMac 13,2 listed as "power management not working":

http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Smbios.plist#Apple_System_Definitions

Perhaps try a different sysdef? I am using macmini 6,2

good luck, ninetto

Nikki -

Thanks for putting this together!

I am attempting to follow in your footsteps with the same mobo and was wondering which kexts did you end up including in your BIOS?

Anything besides your ozmosis.plist, fakesmc, and voodoohda? I don't need voodoo (or do I? All I want is stereo speaker output through rear jack), but I'd like to throw in an Ethernet kext. I noticed in the bios there is already an Intel Gigabit driver. Can I just delete that if I'm putting in the E1000 kext? I also deleted anything to do with 1398a. I know there is the header on the mobo for it, but I don't plan to use it.

Take care,
Matt

Hey Nikky

First, thanks man!!! wow :headbang: my UP5TH is now working wonderful, even iMessage!!!!!, without your help this would be impossible......(German forums :S)

I tried many things but after all the trial and error I have a couple of questions....

1. My about this mac says 3.8 but max speed is 3.4 in intel gadget (Intel Core i5 3570K), I inserted compressed in to the Bios Firmware, the kext for Ethernet AppleIntelE1000,(It fits and works perfectly) and the kext and the FakeSMC(Still not sure if needed, worked without it), you did this????

2. Many users complain about a click noise or error while playing music on this motherboard(is a random stop/crack), I have an external audio card (apogee duet), no audio kext or fix installed, and the noise affects chimera, clover and sadly ozmosis, maybe is some weird error, do you have it? :crazy: Is driving me crazy.

3. I followed the guide...... http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301407-guide-insert-ozmosis-into-uefi-bios/ (Great btw:clap:) but I didn't put any Clover info from the old plst, is working ok....this is really needed? SSDT DSDT thats needed???

EDIT:
4. Sleep is not waking up...
Thanks for your time !! and greetings from South America :beachball:

OK, so I flashed the BIOS. My new BIOS contained the minimum requirements per Nikki's linked guide.

I was able to complete the 10.10.4 install with no issues to my HD. So far so good :)

I turned on kext-dev-mode=1 by sudo'ing my nvram, and placed the following kexts into the Extensions>Common folder on my EFI partition:
AppleHDA.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext

My OS X does not detect ethernet, nor any sound hardware

I don't have a Ozmosis.defaults.plist in there yet. Is that what I'm missing?

•Don't even bother using the included PCI Bluetooth/Wifi card with this motherboard. It's pointless.

Hi Nikky, sorry to bug you with noob questions but.. Is there absolutely no way to make them work? (Ive been searching for hours now) I currently can't really afford an aditional bluetooth/wifi adapter and would love to use my wifi/wireless keyboard.

Thanks!

Hi Nikky, sorry to bug you with noob questions but.. Is there absolutely no way to make them work? (Ive been searching for hours now) I currently can't really afford an aditional bluetooth/wifi adapter and would love to use my wifi/wireless keyboard.

Thanks!

Hi, man is not possible, buy a cheap wifi adapter from ebay, is like 10 bucks common... :?: if you have no access to eBay, then go to your local computer "grave" store in your town (sure must be one) and buy one of the many references that work out of the box.... i did this... like 12 bucks. In south america.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back