Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-Z77X-UP5-TH -i7 3770k NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Yosemite, 1TB RAID SSD Vanilla Install WIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Nikki sorry what smbios configure for your motherboard?

As I said on page one, I pick a generated SMBIOS for an iMac 14,2. It seems to be working for now, so I'm happy.

I used the Apple Hack tool to generate the correct information.

Interestingly, FaceTime is broken for me -- I can receive but not make calls -- but I think this has little to do with my build. I'm going to have a little tweak in the next few days..

Hello Nikki Nice thread

i learned alot from it

but i got some question

what are the kext you used in your ozmosis

because i have the same motherboard you have with i5-3570K
16 Gb Corsair
256GB SanDisk Extreme SSD
Tp-Link 4800 Wifi
Asus GTX 970

Do you have dual boot Windows and OSX in same machine?

Thank You

Ozmosis is awesome for this board.
Niki can be praised for going through her very complicated method, but it is all VERY much easier currently. At the German Ozmosis forum there is a modded bios especially for this board, with DSDT already included. You do NOT have to go thru almost 98% of Niki's steps: you simply flash the bios, and installed from a completely untouched VANILLA install usb.

After that, I had to add only 2 Kexts, after entering the dev=1 mode.
No flags/plist necessary for boards with re-writable nvram, just this terminal command:

sudo nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

Using multibeast I installed the ethernet kext and the Marvell Sata kext. That was ALL. Finished. Total time was maybe 30 minutes.

The Ozmosis method makes your computer so much like a real Mac, that you can use Bootcamp should you want to install Windows.

Good luck, n.m.

p.s. Niki: there really has to be something funky with your install, as my bootup time is 99% quicker that the one shown in your video. No idea why yours is taking so long... although it seems strange to me that you are using a Ozmosis.plist! This board has rewritealbe NVRAM and that is where you could/should inject such things as SMBIOS and such. Maybe you have a conflicht there: the bios has Mac 3.1 as default.

Ozmosis is awesome for this board.
Niki can be praised for going through her very complicated method, but it is all VERY much easier currently. At the German Ozmosis forum there is a modded bios especially for this board, with DSDT already included. You do NOT have to go thru almost 98% of Niki's steps: you simply flash the bios, and installed from a completely untouched VANILLA install usb.

After that, I had to add only 2 Kexts, after entering the dev=1 mode.
No flags/plist necessary for boards with re-writable nvram, just this terminal command:

sudo nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

Using multibeast I installed the ethernet kext and the Marvell Sata kext. That was ALL. Finished. Total time was maybe 30 minutes.

The Ozmosis method makes your computer so much like a real Mac, that you can use Bootcamp should you want to install Windows.

Good luck, n.m.

p.s. Niki: there really has to be something funky with your install, as my bootup time is 99% quicker that the one shown in your video. No idea why yours is taking so long... although it seems strange to me that you are using a Ozmosis.plist! This board has rewritealbe NVRAM and that is where you could/should inject such things as SMBIOS and such. Maybe you have a conflicht there: the bios has Mac 3.1 as default.

Oooh Interesting! I'll check this out... :)

In terms of boot time -- I fixed the problem: it was down to a setting with the sleep on Thunderbolt. I turned that off, and it's now a lot faster.

I'm going to be playing with a beta soon -- but we're not allowed to talk about that *whistles* ;)

P.S. Do you have the link to the bios? I'm interested to know what the two kexts you installed?

I'm going to be playing with a beta soon -- but we're not allowed to talk about that *whistles* ;)

FYI : The rules were recently changed :

This site allows discussion of pre-release software (such as OS X Public Beta software builds) from the free Apple Beta Software Program. This site does NOT support pre-release Apple Developer Program Beta software, and does NOT allow the discussion of installation or use of Apple Developer Program Beta software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban. No Apple Developer Program Builds, Apple Beta Software Program builds only

my iMessage and FaceTime an hands off works perfect for me I'm using the Z77-DS3H Core i7 3770 GTX760 how ever I'm not using Ozmosis because i don't like the thought of flashing my bios with garbage! I'm using Clover booting UEFI I've updated from Mavericks to Yosemite like a official mac also done the same with 10.11 and everything works fine for me!!!

P.S. Do you have the link to the bios? I'm interested to know what the two kexts you installed?

ciao Nikki,

here you go, LAST one (bottom of page, "1479") from September last year, includes DSDT fixes.

http://hackintosh-forum.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=16394

After flashing, I installed Yosemite from a vanilla stick. I have the same GPU as you (GTX 660). Onboard graphics is disabled in bios, since I have no use for this, and first display is sent to PEG in bios.

After ca. 15 minutes the finished install boots up, I set my SMBIOS to Macmini 6.2 Mostly because of the data listed here on a Tonymac stub (http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Smbios.plist#Apple_System_Definitions) that power management not working for some iMac definitions.
You can set the SMBIOS also with terminal NVRAM commands, with the data you get from e.g. chameleon wizard (system serial, board serial, etc) e.g.:

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=xxxxxxxxxxxx
(also change other values this way for definitions other than Mac 3.1)

Or you can just leave the default Mac 3.1 like Tonymac's default. Any problems with SMBIOS can be solved by reflashing the Ozmosis bios, giving you back the default Mac 3.1 definition.

Download and installed latest Yosemite update (10,4)
Set dev-mode.
With multibeast I then added Intel-LAN kext (AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2) and Marvell eSata.
Oh, and I used the terminal command to activate TRIM:

sudo trimforce enable

(you no longer need the extra trim patch, thanks FINALLY Apple, sure took your time!)
Finished. All in all maybe 30 minutes, start-to-finish, for a perfect install, everything just works.

Regarding your thunderbolt remark: the only thing I changed here was in the bios, NOT to wake from thunderbolt.

@jbamford: Do you really know anything AT ALL about Ozmosis? Why call it "garbage"?

ciao Nikki,

here you go, LAST one (bottom of page, "1479") from September last year, includes DSDT fixes.

http://hackintosh-forum.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=16394

After flashing, I installed Yosemite from a vanilla stick. I have the same GPU as you (GTX 660). Onboard graphics is disabled in bios, since I have no use for this, and first display is sent to PEG in bios.

After ca. 15 minutes the finished install boots up, I set my SMBIOS to Macmini 6.2 Mostly because of the data listed here on a Tonymac stub (http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Smbios.plist#Apple_System_Definitions) that power management not working for some iMac definitions.
You can set the SMBIOS also with terminal NVRAM commands, with the data you get from e.g. chameleon wizard (system serial, board serial, etc) e.g.:

(also change other values this way for definitions other than Mac 3.1)

Or you can just leave the default Mac 3.1 like Tonymac's default. Any problems with SMBIOS can be solved by reflashing the Ozmosis bios, giving you back the default Mac 3.1 definition.

Download and installed latest Yosemite update (10,4)
Set dev-mode.
With multibeast I then added Intel-LAN kext (AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2) and Marvell eSata.
Oh, and I used the terminal command to activate TRIM:

(you no longer need the extra trim patch, thanks FINALLY Apple, sure took your time!)
Finished. All in all maybe 30 minutes, start-to-finish, for a perfect install, everything just works.

Regarding your thunderbolt remark: the only thing I changed here was in the bios, NOT to wake from thunderbolt.

@jbamford: Do you really know anything AT ALL about Ozmosis? Why call it "garbage"?

Great work. Is the on-board audio supported with that Bios? Also, can I just not hard-code those values into my Bios? Or are we out of space now on the Bios?

[EDIT] Never mind. I just looked to see just how much space was left... 3kB... ;)

Nikki.

Well -- what can I say?

I just spent a few hours trying to get the German bios working on my setup and I guess I must have done something crazy with it compared to other folks.

El Capitan boots fine, but I couldn't get through to Yosemite. I really wanted this bios to be my friend, but it hasn't been.

So I've restored everything to my old settings and custom-built Bios. It seems happy...

@aminorjourney
@ninetto

can you both play DRM protected iTunes movies on your Ozmosis Hackintosh

please play a movie trailer from iTunes and let me know what happens ?

your responses will answer this thread

thanks in anticipation ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back