Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-Z77X-UP5-TH -i7 3770k NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Yosemite, 1TB RAID SSD Vanilla Install WIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest Jaco, what motherboard DO you have?

(I thought it only worked on gigabyte... now been told otherwise!)

Nikki.

[UPDATE: Just uploaded this video. Hope it'll help someone...]

[video=youtube;Wo3UNbHtGL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo3UNbHtGL4[/video]

ozmosis works on all mobos from 6 series and up

Thanks for setting the record straight :)

thats so awesome ... i m thinking to switch my bootloader and wanted to know do u encounter any random freezes also are you able to use imessage with sms feature working and did you got that black bootscreen with Ozmosis ???? ???

btw you have an awesome rig

Hello Nikki,

Just wanted to post and update and some more questions : ) So I was able to get my system up and running last week about 90% all the way on Ozmosis with your instructions but hit a couple of snags. I should say I pretty much have the same core system you do:

Intel 3770K
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
4TB of storage w/ 128GB SSD for OSX
16GB RAM

I had a GTX 670 that I thought went kaput so I pulled that out a while ago.

Anyways I was able to get a fresh install with everything running expect for the audio and iMessage, the AppleHack app always crashes on me so I could not generate a new serial number to inject into the DefaultOzmosis.plist file. Since I had this pretty much up running all the way I decided to upgrade my video card, I work alot with Photoshop and Final Cut and currently working on a stop motion project so I needed to grab something. I ended up getting the Gigabyte Nvdia GTX 970 /4GB OCed and this is when things went south : )

I read up on previous installed using Clover and Chameleon and add the kernel arg:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>

as listed here http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...1-01-maxwell-geforce-gtx-970-980-support.html

I then slapped the card in and couldn't get the system to boot. After hours of different configurations I eventually just backed out of Ozmosis and did a clean install using Multibeast and Chameleon.

I think I figured out what I did wrong, it was a combination of BIOS settings, the fact that I did not include the IGFX injection code, as well as forcing the Nvidia driver install before installing the card. So I have everything up and running now but I would like to try Ozmosis again and was wondering if I could get your help.

I'm currently at my 9-5 right now but when I get home I'll post my bios settings, chameleon.plist, smbios.plist, and the driver install steps. I was wondering if you could help write up a proper DefaultOzmosis.plist and figure out if I need to inject the Nvidia kext file into the F12j bios to get this up and running.

Thanks again,
Cesar

"So I just looked over in the iMessage fix thread, and it seems others may have suddenly got iMessage working again. So. Maybe it's not my awesome hack skills. But I can tell you iMessage wasn't working until I refreshed my BIOS with a new SMBIOS set of goodness"

I guess you´re right
After reading your post i tried to log on to iMassage with my Apple Id and after more than 1/2 a year without it working.
Voila it´s working again without changing my Apple Id or anything else in Ozmosis.
I´m pleased to se that Osmosis is working great for you as it is for me :)

Hello Nikki,

Just wanted to post and update and some more questions : ) So I was able to get my system up and running last week about 90% all the way on Ozmosis with your instructions but hit a couple of snags. I should say I pretty much have the same core system you do:

Intel 3770K
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
4TB of storage w/ 128GB SSD for OSX
16GB RAM

I had a GTX 670 that I thought went kaput so I pulled that out a while ago.

Anyways I was able to get a fresh install with everything running expect for the audio and iMessage, the AppleHack app always crashes on me so I could not generate a new serial number to inject into the DefaultOzmosis.plist file. Since I had this pretty much up running all the way I decided to upgrade my video card, I work alot with Photoshop and Final Cut and currently working on a stop motion project so I needed to grab something. I ended up getting the Gigabyte Nvdia GTX 970 /4GB OCed and this is when things went south : )

I read up on previous installed using Clover and Chameleon and add the kernel arg:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>

as listed here http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...1-01-maxwell-geforce-gtx-970-980-support.html

I then slapped the card in and couldn't get the system to boot. After hours of different configurations I eventually just backed out of Ozmosis and did a clean install using Multibeast and Chameleon.

I think I figured out what I did wrong, it was a combination of BIOS settings, the fact that I did not include the IGFX injection code, as well as forcing the Nvidia driver install before installing the card. So I have everything up and running now but I would like to try Ozmosis again and was wondering if I could get your help.

I'm currently at my 9-5 right now but when I get home I'll post my bios settings, chameleon.plist, smbios.plist, and the driver install steps. I was wondering if you could help write up a proper DefaultOzmosis.plist and figure out if I need to inject the Nvidia kext file into the F12j bios to get this up and running.

Thanks again,
Cesar

Gulp..

Okay, so I'm going to read this again tomorrow. But I've got to admit I have no experience with the 970... Nice card though :)

Lemme see if I can grab some screen settings tomorrow for the BIOS screen. :)

Can I just check a couple of things.

1) Can you boot into a vanilla installer?
2) Can you boot the 970 without the alternate graphics drivers?

Nikki.

Hey, Nikki! Amazing setup, and I'm really pleased to see all your success with Ozmosis! I've been reading up on it the last couple days and it seems like Ozmosis is a no-brainer for someone with a recent gigabyte motherboard.

Your patching process seems fairly involved; if, say, hackintosh-forum.de has an Ozmosis-patched bios for my particular motherboard (here), do you think that means all the appropriate kexts are in place and it's just flash-and-go to get it running on my hack, or do you think I still need to update it for my unique motherboard in some way? There's really just not a lot of information about Ozmosis out there, much less English information. I have a gigabyte z87n-wifi with 4670k and natively-supported NVidia GTX 770.

Sorry if I seem uninformed but I'm just trying to make sure I get everything straight before I go flashing my bios willy-nilly! Thanks!

Hey, Nikki! Amazing setup, and I'm really pleased to see all your success with Ozmosis! I've been reading up on it the last couple days and it seems like Ozmosis is a no-brainer for someone with a recent gigabyte motherboard.

Your patching process seems fairly involved; if, say, hackintosh-forum.de has an Ozmosis-patched bios for my particular motherboard (here), do you think that means all the appropriate kexts are in place and it's just flash-and-go to get it running on my hack, or do you think I still need to update it for my unique motherboard in some way? There's really just not a lot of information about Ozmosis out there, much less English information. I have a gigabyte z87n-wifi with 4670k and natively-supported NVidia GTX 770.

Sorry if I seem uninformed but I'm just trying to make sure I get everything straight before I go flashing my bios willy-nilly! Thanks!

Hey @shhhhh, thanks for the nice comments.

I looked at the bios you linked to, and I've got to admit that I don't know much about the Z87n-wifi. I'm assuming that it's pretty similar in the bios process to my setup, so you could always try that posted bios first.

HOWEVER, you won't have the correct SMbios info, so you'll need to add your own Rom, MAC address, UUID etc. And if you're going to do THAT, then you may as well start from scratch.

I'd love to do a tutorial about this some time, maybe a video? I'll see what I can fit in. This link really is the best link I have for patching the Osmosis bios.

This < I assume>> should work as the starting point. http://www.mediafire.com/download/0hvg8j5u52ys22e/Z87NWIFI_mod_F4.zip

But DON'T DO ANYTHING with your bios until you have a stable, working REGULAR version. And make sure your backup bios is also up to date with the latest OEM version.

And if you don't know how to switch between BIOS, that's your first task. Because you really need to feel comfortable with that before you do any modding :)

Hi Nikki sorry what smbios configure for your motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back